Highlighted
Dec 04 2012
By: annasopro First Son 7 posts

I feel like I purchased the ps3 way too late :|

7 replies 148 views Edited Dec 4, 2012

I was so used to playing old school nintendo and **bleep** graphic computer games that once I got an HD flatscreen tv and a ps3, it's like a whole new world was opened up to me.

But now I'm seeing the ps4 coming out and stuff, and I'm afraid that my new toy will be old news in a year. ughhhh.

i mean come on guys this is coming from a girl that was still playing ps1 spyro games on a 300 pound bulky glass-screen tv and i thought i was in wonderland or something. now I'm 20 years old and just now got spoiled >__>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
annasopro.tumblr.com
facebook.com/lawldipstick
twiiter.com/pkmnMasterSoPro

add the gamer girl ;o
Message 1 of 8 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11733 posts

Re: I feel like I purchased the ps3 way too late :|

Dec 4, 2012

One area to consider is that the PlayStation 4 hasn't even been revealed yet. With no release date, no proof, basically no nothing, the only thing we have to go on is rumor speculation at this point. Getting a PlayStation 3 now at this time might not be ideal considering the chance that Sony may just as well announce the PlayStation 4 at next year's E3. At that point they might say the system will be coming in Spring of 2014, if not Holiday 2013. Would this slow you down from getting a PlayStation 3 now?

Considering that there are a range of great-looking games on the way for the system, and a mess of quality titles out there, the PlayStation 3 is in its sixth year. With Sony having said that the PlayStation 3 will live off of a ten-year life cycle in the past, it would seem that based on their previous platforms that they aren't kidding. The original PlayStation still ran alongside the PlayStation 2. People still bought new games that were released in the years of its successor's backwards compatibility. The PlayStation 3 launched with backwards compatibility, and PlayStation 2s and games were still being sold. With PlayStation 4, rumor has it that there will be no backwards compatibility and that used games will be vanquished as well. Will this all come true? We'll have to see.

For now though, at the very least there's still about a year until the next PlayStation arrives, if that. With games like Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the Witch, Beyond: Two Souls, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Tales of Xillia, The Last Guardian, and Watch Dogs on the horizon, this coming year looks to have quite a few acceptable entries. If you'd rather wait to see what becomes of the next PlayStation model, then that's an option. But of course, hopping on the band wagon at the last minute will get you any games coming up and any you've already missed.

Message 2 of 8 (133 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
9340 posts

Dec 4, 2012

In September 2012, Sony VP of hardware marketing John Koller gave an interview to rest any rumors about the next generation PlayStation, and stated Sony’s support for the PS3 console which is said to uphold the 10 year lifecycle commitment, carrying the PS3 to 2015 at the very least.

evoloution-of-dance.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 3 of 8 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

I totally agree with "GrayGargoyle" on this one.

There are still plenty of good titles waiting to be released for the PS3. I myself am desperately waiting for Beyond Two Souls and Tomb Raider. I think I've heard many times before, the PS3 still can be pushed and still has much more to offer. So now would be a good transitional start for companies to overhaul all they have done and put out games that push this monster machine to the limits. As long as they don't break it! Smiley Indifferent 

Recent games have proved this with incredible graphics. Having witness three generations of  the PlayStaion console; I still sometimes fall in awe to new games and how they look. Even new game-play takes adaptation but I get on target quickly. Its incredible.

Its never to late to purchase a console. Who knows... just like you stuck to that Spyro game maybe you will stick to a favorite PS3 title even after the PS4 has been out for awhile. Smiley Happy I know mine isn't leaving my sight. Smiley Wink

-I love smileys... LOLz-

Message 4 of 8 (119 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Smiley Surprised well I'm glad people replied to me. I'm personally waiting for the new Devil May Cry to come out in January.

I played the demo and was completely blown away.

I want it.

I want it baddddd. >_>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
annasopro.tumblr.com
facebook.com/lawldipstick
twiiter.com/pkmnMasterSoPro

add the gamer girl ;o
Message 5 of 8 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Dec 5, 2012

bronxsushi wrote:

carrying the PS3 to 2015 at the very least.

I hope that's true.

Message 6 of 8 (82 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12481 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

annasopro wrote:

I was so used to playing old school nintendo and **bleep** graphic computer games that once I got an HD flatscreen tv and a ps3, it's like a whole new world was opened up to me.

But now I'm seeing the ps4 coming out and stuff, and I'm afraid that my new toy will be old news in a year. ughhhh.

i mean come on guys this is coming from a girl that was still playing ps1 spyro games on a 300 pound bulky glass-screen tv and i thought i was in wonderland or something. now I'm 20 years old and just now got spoiled >__>

So what if your new toy is old news to some individuals? The important thing is that you enjoy your purchases. There is nothing wrong with purchasing a PlayStation 3 if you are looking forward to playing video games on it. Who says that you need to play video games from the current video game generation in order to enjoy them? If I would have taken this approach to video games a few years ago then I would have missed out on all of the wonderful video games that I purchased for my PlayStation 2 when the PlayStation 3 was out on store shelves (take that for what it’s worth).

annasopro wrote:

:smileysurprised: well I'm glad people replied to me. I'm personally waiting for the new Devil May Cry to come out in January.

I played the demo and was completely blown away.

I want it.

I want it baddddd. >_>

I would strongly recommend the Devil May Cry HD Collection. Most of the video games in this collection are amazing hack and slash titles.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 7 of 8 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Dec 5, 2012
PS4 might come out you know... good games isn't about graphics.Nor does it need a multiplayer mode. Old games still better and games will go badder and badder as the consoles evolve. I enjoy old game way more than new games.

off-topic:

btw wasn't FFX supposed to be remade and put on PS store? Anything about that?

If you got no haters, you ain't doing it right

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 8 (61 Views)
0 Likes