Highlighted
Feb 03 2012
By: icookyouclean Monster Hunter 39 posts

I dont see Sony lasting past next generation

9 replies 16 views Edited Feb 3, 2012

sony has lost 2 billion this last year, the ps vita is already a flop, it is barely selling in Japan a county where handhelds diominate, even the psp is still selling better and that thing died years ago. i cant imagine how much they will lose this year.

they are ******* off fans because every week the sites and stores are down for maintenance. my nephew came over yesterday and i was watching him for 2 hours. he wanted to download some demos off the store but we could not get in, it was down for maintenance like it always is. sony is killing themselves.

lets talk about there horrible marketing. they are killing off their best franchise like socom, killzone, resistance (already dead), motorstorm (already dead) and many others, they only seem to care about Naughty Dog.

my predicition is they rush to next gen to compete with xbox, release a console that is slightly overpriced (not as bad as ps3 was) with no good exclusives and no one is interested because xbox will offer that and more for a cheaper price and xbox already has the market dominated especially in America. sony will bow out of gaming halfway through next-gen.

Message 1 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Re: I dont see Sony lasting past next generation

Feb 3, 2012

icookyouclean wrote:

sony has lost 2 billion this last year, the ps vita is already a flop, it is barely selling in Japan a county where handhelds diominate, even the psp is still selling better and that thing died years ago. i cant imagine how much they will lose this year.

they are ******* off fans because every week the sites and stores are down for maintenance. my nephew came over yesterday and i was watching him for 2 hours. he wanted to download some demos off the store but we could not get in, it was down for maintenance like it always is. sony is killing themselves.

lets talk about there horrible marketing. they are killing off their best franchise like socom, killzone, resistance (already dead), motorstorm (already dead) and many others, they only seem to care about Naughty Dog.

my predicition is they rush to next gen to compete with xbox, release a console that is slightly overpriced (not as bad as ps3 was) with no good exclusives and no one is interested because xbox will offer that and more for a cheaper price and xbox already has the market dominated especially in America. sony will bow out of gaming halfway through next-gen.

It was looking like this to me also but lastnght my son claimed someone stole his crapbox live account, when he phone CS they didn't do squat to help. He was so mad that he said " I'm ready to pack it in and go over to the dark side with you dad, I'm getting a PS3". Then I remembered all the red rings and the rumor/news that the crapbox plans to ban used games on the 720 and on top of it some POS can steal ur account and they do nothing for u..... So I'm thinking maybe they (crapbox) won't be so dominant next Gen.

Message 2 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Feb 3, 2012

FROST_420 wrote:

icookyouclean wrote:

It was looking like this to me also but lastnght my son claimed someone stole his crapbox live account, when he phone CS they didn't do squat to help. He was so mad that he said " I'm ready to pack it in and go over to the dark side with you dad, I'm getting a PS3". Then I remembered all the red rings and the rumor/news that the crapbox plans to ban used games on the 720 and on top of it some *** can steal ur account and they do nothing for u..... So I'm thinking maybe they (crapbox) won't be so dominant next Gen.

Sig.
Hurry up and bring back Slant Six, we want Confrontation 2.

The way I see things, almost every PS3 fan this gen is going to switch to Xbox, and every Xbox fan will switch to PS4. I had both this gen but stuck with PS3 mainly because of online friends. I'll probably stay with Sony next gen. Better to go with the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Message 3 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31185 posts

Feb 3, 2012

icookyouclean wrote:

Well maybe that's because ND is the only first party company making great games for them..... At least until God Of War 4 is confirmed.

Socom wasn't that good, Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 weren't as good as their previous games, Insomniac fell off after R&C: Tools Of Destruction and went multiplatform

Message 4 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10166 posts

Feb 3, 2012
Message 5 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Feb 3, 2012

m1McCoy wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

icookyouclean wrote:

It was looking like this to me also but lastnght my son claimed someone stole his crapbox live account, when he phone CS they didn't do squat to help. He was so mad that he said " I'm ready to pack it in and go over to the dark side with you dad, I'm getting a PS3". Then I remembered all the red rings and the rumor/news that the crapbox plans to ban used games on the 720 and on top of it some *** can steal ur account and they do nothing for u..... So I'm thinking maybe they (crapbox) won't be so dominant next Gen.

Sig.
Hurry up and bring back Slant Six, we want Confrontation 2.

The way I see things, almost every PS3 fan this gen is going to switch to Xbox, and every Xbox fan will switch to PS4. I had both this gen but stuck with PS3 mainly because of online friends. I'll probably stay with Sony next gen. Better to go with the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Well I guess now would be a good time for a new Dreamcast type system. What with all the big boys abusing their customers with such bad service,security and reliability of their hardware there is probably more than a few willing to check out a new company.

Message 6 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Feb 3, 2012

Sounds about right. Sony had to take a major loss just to become relevant again, the company just switched CEOs, and their games have all been awful this gen except for Uncharted 2 and God of War 3. I don't like either of them, just saying they're quality work for the most part.

Nothing you've said is untrue really, and your prediction is a logical outcome. But I don't think it matters what Sony does in hardware if the developers don't feel like laying out all the money and work to develop for it. I believe Nintendo's gonna take it again, but in a different way now that Nintendo Network's been confirmed and the new platform may work nicely with 3DS.

Say what about you want about Nintendo, but they aren't bringing trash to the table like Sony in the software department.

Message 7 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Feb 3, 2012

We should make a distinction between Sony as a company and their Playstation brand because PS3 sales for games and consoles were higher in 2011 than they were in 2010.

Sony as a whole needs to give their CEO more central authority and simplify their product lines. That company has too many divisions and too many different products. Make 1 person in charge of digital cameras and camcorders for which there is 1 model product, and apply the same simplicity for their desktops/laptops, televisions/home entertainment, and their Playstation brand. That would give you 4 sub-divisions with the CEO over-seeing it all. They should probably phase out of the cell phone and tablet market.

CEO

Computers | Cameras | Home Entertainment | Playstation

Each division should also work together like Apple's so it becomes easy to wirelessly access the pictures taken on your Sony camera on your Sony computer/playstation/tv, use your Sony computer as a monitor to your Playstation (where you can easily record videos), and easily edit videos recorded on your camcorder through your computer to watch on your TV. This sort of cross-compatibility would encourage the customer base of one product to veer to the others.

In regards to Sony's Consumer Products and Services division which lost money in spite of PS3 consoles and games being higher in 2011 than 2010: that is just pure mismanagement. Although something that would help is to encourage more independent game development (perhaps giving away the kit for free to those that purchase a desktop and a ps3) and allowing them to buy advertising space on their Playstation Network similar to the way Google let's you buy space on their search results. This would also encourage more digital downloads which is the way of the future. We are approaching a day where only few games are selling massive amounts of units. This approach would encourage digital downloads (of relatively small files) of cheaper titles. It could spread out the games everyone is playing instead of the overwhelming majority of online players playing MW3 all the time. Instead of waiting several months for 1 $60 title you could be tempted to try out newly developed titles for $5-$10.

They can also bring their Playstation Network to Windows/Mac where you can download and play past PS1/PS2 games even being able to use your PS3 controller via bluetooth. They can offer gift cards to the network with purchases of the Laptop.

Sony/Playstation doesn't have to die and I don't think they will, but drastic changes has to occur which I think new management will bring.

Message 8 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10166 posts

Feb 4, 2012

Xajen1 wrote:

Sounds about right. Sony had to take a major loss just to become relevant again, the company just switched CEOs, and their games have all been awful this gen except for Uncharted 2 and God of War 3. I don't like either of them, just saying they're quality work for the most part.

Nothing you've said is untrue really, and your prediction is a logical outcome. But I don't think it matters what Sony does in hardware if the developers don't feel like laying out all the money and work to develop for it. I believe Nintendo's gonna take it again, but in a different way now that Nintendo Network's been confirmed and the new platform may work nicely with 3DS.

Say what about you want about Nintendo, but they aren't bringing trash to the table like Sony in the software department.

Im sorry but most of Nintendo's software is garbage.

Message 9 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Feb 4, 2012

cite the sources or the numbers dont count.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 10 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes