20648 posts

Re: I am planning to get a 360...

Dec 5, 2006

KiLlEr99 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

KiLlEr99 wrote:

Overclocked Cellist wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:
but first I need to ask a few questions...

1. Is it necessary to get Xbox Live Gold or can I still play Halo 2 online with Silver? You need Gold to play games online. Silver is just for demos, downloads, etc.

2. I don't have XP Media Center Edition so how else can I get my pictures, videos, and music on the 360 HDD? You can rip them from a CD.

3. Can I rip music from my iPod directly into the 360? No. You can play it (with a downloadable codec you can install from Live), but you can't rip it.

4. Should I get the 360 this year or should I wait until 07 for a possible price drop? Depends; can you afford it now?

5. Are the 360s still buggy or has Microsoft solved all those problems? Mine has never failed me. I've had it since May.

6. How do payment methods work for Live Gold? Can I just buy Xbox Live cards from a store and keep paying for my account through those? You can go onto the Xbox Live Marketplace and renew your subscription there. It's around $40/year.

you get 1 month free of xbl gold when you make a gamertag

Wouldn't I technically be able to have Gold all the time if I continued making a new gamertag each year?

each month yeh. but you have to redo the sign up, make a new name, you lose all your gamerpoints, your friends list is gone as well. just by live gold. trust me its WORTH the money

no, like i just said...you can only do it 3 times.  they know how many times youve signed up, trust me.
Message 11 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1558 posts

Dec 5, 2006

PS2master4444 wrote:

KiLlEr99 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

KiLlEr99 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

1. Is it necessary to get Xbox Live Gold or can I still play Halo 2 online with Silver? You need Gold to play games online. Silver is just for demos, downloads, etc.

2. I don't have XP Media Center Edition so how else can I get my pictures, videos, and music on the 360 HDD? You can rip them from a CD.

3. Can I rip music from my iPod directly into the 360? No. You can play it (with a downloadable codec you can install from Live), but you can't rip it.

4. Should I get the 360 this year or should I wait until 07 for a possible price drop? Depends; can you afford it now?

5. Are the 360s still buggy or has Microsoft solved all those problems? Mine has never failed me. I've had it since May.

6. How do payment methods work for Live Gold? Can I just buy Xbox Live cards from a store and keep paying for my account through those? You can go onto the Xbox Live Marketplace and renew your subscription there. It's around $40/year.

Wouldn't I technically be able to have Gold all the time if I continued making a new gamertag each year?

each month yeh. but you have to redo the sign up, make a new name, you lose all your gamerpoints, your friends list is gone as well. just by live gold. trust me its WORTH the money

no, like i just said...you can only do it 3 times.  they know how many times youve signed up, trust me.

k kool well i learned something new. anyways just by xbl live. like i said its so worth the case you put down

Message 12 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4030 posts

Dec 5, 2006
You can stream with Windows Media Player 11 on a regular XP service Pack 2 desktop!
Message 13 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
21050 posts

Dec 5, 2006

PS2master4444 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

KiLlEr99 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

no, you can only do it 3 times max.

No you can't, my friend has like 8 accounts .
Message 14 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3560 posts

Dec 5, 2006
I think you can play online with silver...

right??
Message 15 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
21050 posts

Dec 5, 2006

eman94 wrote:

right??

No.
Message 16 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3560 posts

Dec 5, 2006

fudge101man wrote:

eman94 wrote:

right??

No.

well sorry then!
Message 17 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Dec 5, 2006

PS2master4444 wrote:

Grateful Dead wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

1. Is it necessary to get Xbox Live Gold or can I still play Halo 2 online with Silver? you need gold

2. I don't have XP Media Center Edition so how else can I get my pictures, videos, and music on the 360 HDD? don't know sorry

3. Can I rip music from my iPod directly into the 360? i think you can stream it, but not rip it

4. Should I get the 360 this year or should I wait until 07 for a possible price drop? up to you

5. Are the 360s still buggy or has Microsoft solved all those problems? it's pretty much solved

6. How do payment methods work for Live Gold? Can I just buy Xbox Live cards from a store and keep paying for my account through those? those are for marketplace points, you need to pay monthly or yearly through your xbox/credit card payments

um...no.  you can buy 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, and 12 month subscription prepaid cards.

if you buy one of the 4 dollar BK games you get 48 hours of gold service free with each one.
(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
*New Game* Infinite Undiscovery
*New DVD* Protest The Hero
*New CD* System Divide - The Conscious Sedation

(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
LoTGD ~!~ RBN ~!~ got xheevos? ~!~ XNA Club ~!~ ** PS Past #1** ~!~ twitter
Message 18 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42173 posts

Dec 5, 2006

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

1. Is it necessary to get Xbox Live Gold or can I still play Halo 2 online with Silver?

2. I don't have XP Media Center Edition so how else can I get my pictures, videos, and music on the 360 HDD?

3. Can I rip music from my iPod directly into the 360?

4. Should I get the 360 this year or should I wait until 07 for a possible price drop?

5. Are the 360s still buggy or has Microsoft solved all those problems?

6. How do payment methods work for Live Gold? Can I just buy Xbox Live cards from a store and keep paying for my account through those?

1. Yes, it's necessary.
2. You can stream them with Windows Media Connect which you can download or burn them onto a disk (pics, music).
3. Not sure.
4. Depends on how long you'll have to wait for a price drop.
5. Varies.  I still hear of people that are getting screwed up consoles and those who get them "repaired", crap out on them later too.
6. Yes you can.  You can just buy a Sub. Card when you need to renew and just use that.  Same for Microsoft Points, they have 1600 MSP cards that retail for $20.

Message 19 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Dec 5, 2006
get the 360 and i can answer soem trhose questions like no bugs and xbox gold is 5$ around a month and u can buy cards to pay and i think u can play xbox game on it with silver
userbarz.com
userbarz.com
userbarz.com
userbarz.com
userbarz.com
userbarz.com
Message 20 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes