Dec 05 2006
By: ConflagrantCrow~ Wastelander 845 posts

I am planning to get a 360...

19 replies 1 views Edited Dec 5, 2006
but first I need to ask a few questions...

1. Is it necessary to get Xbox Live Gold or can I still play Halo 2 online with Silver?

2. I don't have XP Media Center Edition so how else can I get my pictures, videos, and music on the 360 HDD?

3. Can I rip music from my iPod directly into the 360?

4. Should I get the 360 this year or should I wait until 07 for a possible price drop?

5. Are the 360s still buggy or has Microsoft solved all those problems?

6. How do payment methods work for Live Gold? Can I just buy Xbox Live cards from a store and keep paying for my account through those?
Message 1 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12141 posts

Re: I am planning to get a 360...

Dec 5, 2006

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

1. Is it necessary to get Xbox Live Gold or can I still play Halo 2 online with Silver? you need gold

2. I don't have XP Media Center Edition so how else can I get my pictures, videos, and music on the 360 HDD? don't know sorry

3. Can I rip music from my iPod directly into the 360? i think you can stream it, but not rip it

4. Should I get the 360 this year or should I wait until 07 for a possible price drop? up to you

5. Are the 360s still buggy or has Microsoft solved all those problems? it's pretty much solved

6. How do payment methods work for Live Gold? Can I just buy Xbox Live cards from a store and keep paying for my account through those? those are for marketplace points, you need to pay monthly or yearly through your xbox/credit card payments

Message 2 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7820 posts

Dec 5, 2006

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

1. Is it necessary to get Xbox Live Gold or can I still play Halo 2 online with Silver? You need Gold to play games online. Silver is just for demos, downloads, etc.

2. I don't have XP Media Center Edition so how else can I get my pictures, videos, and music on the 360 HDD? You can rip them from a CD.

3. Can I rip music from my iPod directly into the 360? No. You can play it (with a downloadable codec you can install from Live), but you can't rip it.

4. Should I get the 360 this year or should I wait until 07 for a possible price drop? Depends; can you afford it now?

5. Are the 360s still buggy or has Microsoft solved all those problems? Mine has never failed me. I've had it since May.

6. How do payment methods work for Live Gold? Can I just buy Xbox Live cards from a store and keep paying for my account through those? You can go onto the Xbox Live Marketplace and renew your subscription there. It's around $40/year.

Formerly "Overclocked Cellist"
Message 3 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1558 posts

Dec 5, 2006

Overclocked Cellist wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

1. Is it necessary to get Xbox Live Gold or can I still play Halo 2 online with Silver? You need Gold to play games online. Silver is just for demos, downloads, etc.

2. I don't have XP Media Center Edition so how else can I get my pictures, videos, and music on the 360 HDD? You can rip them from a CD.

3. Can I rip music from my iPod directly into the 360? No. You can play it (with a downloadable codec you can install from Live), but you can't rip it.

4. Should I get the 360 this year or should I wait until 07 for a possible price drop? Depends; can you afford it now?

5. Are the 360s still buggy or has Microsoft solved all those problems? Mine has never failed me. I've had it since May.

6. How do payment methods work for Live Gold? Can I just buy Xbox Live cards from a store and keep paying for my account through those? You can go onto the Xbox Live Marketplace and renew your subscription there. It's around $40/year.

you get 1 month free of xbl gold when you make a gamertag

Message 4 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20647 posts

Dec 5, 2006

Grateful Dead wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

1. Is it necessary to get Xbox Live Gold or can I still play Halo 2 online with Silver? you need gold

2. I don't have XP Media Center Edition so how else can I get my pictures, videos, and music on the 360 HDD? don't know sorry

3. Can I rip music from my iPod directly into the 360? i think you can stream it, but not rip it

4. Should I get the 360 this year or should I wait until 07 for a possible price drop? up to you

5. Are the 360s still buggy or has Microsoft solved all those problems? it's pretty much solved

6. How do payment methods work for Live Gold? Can I just buy Xbox Live cards from a store and keep paying for my account through those? those are for marketplace points, you need to pay monthly or yearly through your xbox/credit card payments

um...no.  you can buy 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, and 12 month subscription prepaid cards.
Message 5 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Dec 5, 2006

KiLlEr99 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Wouldn't I technically be able to have Gold all the time if I continued making a new gamertag each year?
Message 6 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20647 posts

Dec 5, 2006

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

KiLlEr99 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

Wouldn't I technically be able to have Gold all the time if I continued making a new gamertag each year?

no, you can only do it 3 times max.
Message 7 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1843 posts

Dec 5, 2006

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

1. Is it necessary to get Xbox Live Gold or can I still play Halo 2 online with Silver?

Yes you need Xbox Live Gold to play Halo 2 online, as well you will need the Hard Drive.

2. I don't have XP Media Center Edition so how else can I get my pictures, videos, and music on the 360 HDD?

You can plug your Ipod into the USB port and stream your entire library from it to the Xbox 360 (along with similar MP3 players).  Digitcal Cameras and custom cds.  Windows Media Player 11 lets you steam media to your Xbox 360 with no need for Media Center Edition PC.

You cant rip music from the Ipod, you can only stream it.

4. Should I get the 360 this year or should I wait until 07 for a possible price drop?

Definatly get it this year so you can play Gears Of War, Halo 3 Beta, Oblivion, Rainbow Six 3 Vegas

All the production issues has been cleaned up it seems, and there seems to be no problems with broken 360's anymore.

6. How do payment methods work for Live Gold? Can I just buy Xbox Live cards from a store and keep paying for my account through those?

You can pay with a credit card through Xbox Live, or you can go to the store and pay for prepaid cards and then just enter the code in Xbox Live Marketplace to activate your gold membership.

Message 8 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5703 posts

Dec 5, 2006

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

I'm not quite sure, I assume you would need to have gold to playonline

You can use a removable disk to transfer pics/music

no, just play it

I would get it this year
Mine was never buggy, works great

You can buy kits instores, or you can tie a credit card to your live account.

Message Edited by sharpshooter65 on 12-05-2006 03:57 PM
Message 9 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1558 posts

Dec 5, 2006

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

KiLlEr99 wrote:

Conflagrant Crow wrote:

each month yeh. but you have to redo the sign up, make a new name, you lose all your gamerpoints, your friends list is gone as well. just by live gold. trust me its WORTH the money

Message 10 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes