Apr 15 2013
By: NelsonAK I Only Post Everything 790 posts
Accepted Solution

I Need to talk to a Moderator on the Forum that's online now about an issue.

8 replies 122 views Edited Apr 15, 2013

I need a forum moderator or admin to contact me via message ASAP. I have some questions about where I need to post this information, it's about users downgrading their firmware to 3.55 using an E3 flasher, then installing unofficial SONY firmware to get on the PSN and use Mods on games. Please someone reply ASAP in my message box, when you reply please delete this message as it doesn't need responses other than what i'm asking for. Thanks again.

NelsonAK

For Help or rules of the forumThe Guide...

4-Respect Home TEAM!!!!!
OWNER OF 4-Respect (GW), (GW)1, (GW) 2, (GW)3, (GW)4 clubs. Strongly believe that all Clubs/
Message 1 of 9 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Re: I Need to talk to a Moderator on the Forum that's online now about an issue.

Apr 15, 2013

NelsonAK wrote:

I need a forum moderator or admin to contact me via message ASAP. I have some questions about where I need to post this information, it's about users downgrading their firmware to 3.55 using an E3 flasher, then installing unofficial SONY firmware to get on the PSN and use Mods on games. Please someone reply ASAP in my message box, when you reply please delete this message as it doesn't need responses other than what i'm asking for. Thanks again.

NelsonAK

Let's me guess, they hack the game and kick your butt Online or make your Multiplayer experience un-enjoyable?

Message 2 of 9 (113 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
790 posts

Re: I Need to talk to a Moderator on the Forum that's online now about an issue.

Apr 15, 2013

It's called a violation of the TUOSA. Modifying the Hardware/Software on your PS3 results in a permanent ban on that console. Modding is an issue because they are using it to freeze my PS3 and other players PS3's, this causes you to have to improperly restart your PS3 which can cause file corruption or even HDD failure. This is vandalism which is a crime and these users need to be removed from the network. I've already talked to SONY on the phone and reported 4 people but I have an extensive list of them, and they aren't going to want to take it over the phone.

Also I play for my trophies, I work hard to earn my trophies, my NelsonAK account is level 14 at 13% with over 1300 trophies and 17 platinums, my HoTShoTS-Nelson account is level 12 at 34% with 696 trophies and 12 of them are platinums. Modders can use their mods to unlock the trophies without earning a single 1 of them which isn't fair to the rest of us that actually play for our trophies. This post wasn't to get negative responses, this post is specifically for a moderator on the forums.

I have contacted Rockstar Games and SONY both about this issue and need to further it as it's getting severe. Some modders have a mod that can destroy PS3's, in that matter that's a crime in itself and for those people which I have their names I will also be contacting the FBI about them. I play games for fun and this is not fun, it's insane, if you can't play a game then find a game you can but don't ruin it for everyone else. Also no they aren't kicking my butt because i've been a free mode pilot on GTA 4 for almost 4 years now. The only one winning is me because modders are losers from the start. Now if a moderator on this forum will please message me in my inbox I'd greatly appreciate it.

4-Respect Home TEAM!!!!!
OWNER OF 4-Respect (GW), (GW)1, (GW) 2, (GW)3, (GW)4 clubs. Strongly believe that all Clubs/
Message 3 of 9 (110 Views)
MVP Support
39470 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2013

NelsonAK wrote:

NelsonAK

You don't need a Moderator, all you need to do is use the in-game reporting feature if there is one & if there isn't use the Sony official reporting option.

I still don' think you need a Moderator but rather than make this Thread asking for a Moderator to come to you why not just PM one?

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 9 (103 Views)
I Only Post Everything
790 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Thank you for that information, unfortunately the complaint form on us.playstation.com don't allow special characters so you can't report a person by name, secondly you can't report someone that hasn't wrote you on the PS3 therefore that option is also pointless, third off yes I do need to speak to a moderator because i'm finding out exactly what thread to post all the information on how a person a person mods their PS3 etc. so that SONY will have all the information.

I've had my PS3 frozen again since I wrote this earlier, its actually frozen right now via another modder. I'm about to videotape it for evidence. I'm done with cheaters, modders, etc... modding your PS3 is against the TUOSA and is a very serious offense. I appreciate your info but it doesn't help me at all. I've used the PSN for 5 years now and know how the reporting features all work. This is a serious issue as a frozen PS3 means you have to either unplug it or hold the power button until it restarts which can cause file corruption or a destroyed HDD. Now I posted this post for a moderator to respond, please don't respond to this thread from here on out.

I will not stop until this issue is taken care of, i've invested $1,000's into SONY and I expect results on this issue. When it becomes a matter of the possibility of my PS3 getting destroyed because of some loser's cheats, it becomes a matter that SONY needs to deal with because it is their firmware that has been tweaked and reprogrammed to make modding possible. I want every one of them dealt with, as the SONY representative said on the phone (1-800-345-SONY), modifying your firmware will result in a permanent console ban.

I'm in college going for my Bachelor's Degree in Software Development, I know how severe this is getting. So unless you are a forum or SONY moderator, please ignore this thread as it's not here for replies, it's here to deal with this issue. Again I appreciate your input and don't get me wrong here, but the options you listed and others i've already tried. Every time I try to report someone that writes me in the XMB my PS3 freezes so that option is out as i'm not even going to try it again. Also how am I to email a moderator on here when I don't even know who the moderators are anymore? There is no list of moderators and the forum has changed immensely since I was last on it.

NelsonAK

4-Respect Home TEAM!!!!!
Message 5 of 9 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 15, 2013

While I know no one probably wants to hear my take on this, I will share regardless.

I have had my dealings with mysterious game play, and the potential presence of "Hacking".  I have also had my own experiences with trying to right a wrong done to me, by cheaters compromising Sony Proprietary Properties.

At the end of the day, Sony was less interested in what I found, and more interested in how much noise I was making.  This was not a good thing, BTW.  You can report what you have found, but you will never hear a "Thank you NelsonAK, for your determination and hard work in thwarting these criminals."

Anyone who hacks, or breaks the rules of the PSN User Agreement, will eventually be found out.  In the mean time, Sony is less interested in those pointing this things out.  It is preferable to Sony, these things remain quiet, while they sort them out themselves.

I am not telling anyone they should not try to report misdeeds, I am only providing my opinion on the matter.  The report Feature is still the best way to do this, as it is linked to the game(s) in question with time and date stamping.  This makes it easier for the powers that be to find the transgressor.

Moble

Message 6 of 9 (90 Views)
MVP Support
39470 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2013

NelsonAK wrote:

Thank you for that information, unfortunately the complaint form on us.playstation.com don't allow special characters so you can't report a person by name, secondly you can't report someone that hasn't wrote you on the PS3 therefore that option is also pointless, third off yes I do need to speak to a moderator because i'm finding out exactly what thread to post all the information on how a person a person mods their PS3 etc. so that SONY will have all the information.

I've had my PS3 frozen again since I wrote this earlier, its actually frozen right now via another modder. I'm about to videotape it for evidence. I'm done with cheaters, modders, etc... modding your PS3 is against the TUOSA and is a very serious offense. I appreciate your info but it doesn't help me at all. I've used the PSN for 5 years now and know how the reporting features all work. This is a serious issue as a frozen PS3 means you have to either unplug it or hold the power button until it restarts which can cause file corruption or a destroyed HDD. Now I posted this post for a moderator to respond, please don't respond to this thread from here on out.

I will not stop until this issue is taken care of, i've invested $1,000's into SONY and I expect results on this issue. When it becomes a matter of the possibility of my PS3 getting destroyed because of some loser's cheats, it becomes a matter that SONY needs to deal with because it is their firmware that has been tweaked and reprogrammed to make modding possible. I want every one of them dealt with, as the SONY representative said on the phone (1-800-345-SONY), modifying your firmware will result in a permanent console ban.

I'm in college going for my Bachelor's Degree in Software Development, I know how severe this is getting. So unless you are a forum or SONY moderator, please ignore this thread as it's not here for replies, it's here to deal with this issue. Again I appreciate your input and don't get me wrong here, but the options you listed and others i've already tried. Every time I try to report someone that writes me in the XMB my PS3 freezes so that option is out as i'm not even going to try it again. Also how am I to email a moderator on here when I don't even know who the moderators are anymore? There is no list of moderators and the forum has changed immensely since I was last on it.

NelsonAK

Any Thread/post placed on these Forums is open for anyone to respond to, you cannot dictate who reponds & who does not.

You have nealry 800 posts here,  & yes alhough the Forum layout may have altered since your last visit,  if you had taken some time to look around the 'new' Forums the information you seek would have been easily found, but I'll save you the trouble & give it to you.

Here is a link to the current Moderation Team, I suggest you PM a Moderator or the PSForumMods for asistance.

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/The-PlayStation-Forum-Team-...

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 7 of 9 (87 Views)
Platinum
55067 posts

Apr 15, 2013

NelsonAK wrote:

NelsonAK

The forum moderators are not the same as in-game or in-home moderators.   I understand you have a potential issue.  If you have proof of the individual's actions which you describe above please use this link to report it https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/218/kw/report%20abuse as the forum moderators you are seeking out can not do what you are seeking them to do, they can only push your concern forward.

I'll report your post to the moderators for you to have them see it, lock it, and delete it as you requested.  

Message 8 of 9 (74 Views)
Fender Bender
3362 posts

Apr 15, 2013

****Since this question has been answered it will now be locked**** OP you where given a link for you question. I have not deleted this as I don't know if you saw it yet. Please drop me a PM when you have seen the link and I will go back and delete this post for you.

StarPower-21

Message 9 of 9 (67 Views)