May 21 2014
By: ChangeDaBullets Treasure Hunter 5702 posts

I Feel For Twitch's Future!

7 replies 83 views Edited May 21, 2014

Come on Twitch! You should not let Google buy Twitch.. We know what happened when Google bought YouTube so don't be stupid and let twitch go to Google.. Because that means no more live streaming and more copyright crap will endure.. Make a stand and say no!

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 1 of 8 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Re: I Feel For Twitch's Future!

May 21, 2014
Google also has the potential to make Twitch Mich larger. For example if Google had not have bought android years ago it might have never gotten as big. Plus it's not Google's fault that there is more "copyright crap" if they didn't carefully check copyrights they would get sued by other companies. Even if Google doesn't by Twitch the larger it gets the more strict it will become on copyright rules to protect from lawsuits
Message 2 of 8 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5702 posts

May 21, 2014

Yeah but us regular streamers who like to blast music in the background we'll be copyrighted and our streams would be banned.. Right now we have the privelage to listen to it.. But in the forceable future IF this happens say goodbye to A LOT of accounts.. Google is the worst company ever to harass that with.. BUT they do have some decent things i'm not gonna lie.. But when it comes to copyright claims it's bs..

Message 3 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

May 21, 2014

Youtube - Broadcast yourself

*google buys Youtube*

Youtube - Broadcast yourself while being limited by our restrictions and prepare for the changes we enforce without your consent.

Twitch - Leading streaming platform for gamers

*google buys Twitch*

I'm sure you can guess what will if Twitch is bought.

Also, I wonder how many format and appearance changes will occur if Twitch is bought. I greatly dislike how these major corporations spread their influence by purchasing anything possible; it is almost like imperialism but towards what is accessible to the consumers.

Message 4 of 8 (72 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5702 posts

May 21, 2014

@ossiecastro5 Yep agreed.. That's why I might find a new streaming service like UStream or something since twitch will die.. Nobody should go to twitch if it is bought by google..

Message 5 of 8 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

May 21, 2014
It has to do with other companies suing Google over their copyrigjt lenience they don't have another option. Google bought YouTube in 2006 they had very few copyright restrictions until 2010-2011 because of pressure from other companies. Google are simply protecting themselves from lawsuits seems fair to me.
Message 6 of 8 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

May 21, 2014

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

@ossiecastro5 Yep agreed.. That's why I might find a new streaming service like UStream or something since twitch will die.. Nobody should go to twitch if it is bought by google..

Nobody should, but we both know that people still will. Twitch is already a well established site that is an easy medium for streaming, even on the next gen consoles. People may not decide to migrate so easily unless a newer, better site is created. It is just like with Youtube, popularity so skyward that it was bought. But people will most likely not leave if Twtich is bought. People still access Youtube despite the poor treatment the site and the people recieved due to Google's decisions.

Message 7 of 8 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
446 posts

May 21, 2014

twich tv is on thin ice becasue user are steaming  gameplay with copyrighted music playing in the background.Commercial artist /record label is fighting with twich.Twich tv need google because it is important for them to grow their makert.

Message 8 of 8 (47 Views)
0 Likes