Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Re: How will humanity die off?

Apr 12, 2014

It won't be any one thing, but a combination of several.  Our population is facing a tipping point in the near future as growth outpaces available resources.  This will lead to shortages of food, medicine, and potable water. 

Our climate is changing leading to more natural disaters and melting polar ice caps. 

Over-use of anitbiotics are leading to stronger strains of bacteria, add to that the risk of release of any number of biological warfare agents developed by governments around the world. New viruses are popping up at a record pace.  A global pandemic is inevitable.

Terrorists and rogue nations have the technology to deploy an EMP attack that would cripple the U.S. in the blink of an eye leading to population loss of 50% or greater.  All it would take is a handful of SCUD missiles launched from cargo ships armed with nuclear warheads detonated at altitude over the U.S.  I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

And you have to also consider the possibility of asteroid impact, solar flare, and volcanic activity.

XBOX Live gamertag: GUN5L1NGER
Frontier Communications is America's worst ISP, according to Netflix.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 50 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2008 posts

Apr 12, 2014

The human race will never die.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 50 (121 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12577 posts

Apr 12, 2014
Overpopulation, huh? That may kill the majority, but I don't see every human dying off. Especially since we can make drinking water through desalinization. Not in large quantities, but enough for some to live

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 50 (112 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32191 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2014

Aliens.

Spoiler
and maybe ghosts too. or alien ghosts!

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 50 (104 Views)
Splicer
76 posts

Apr 12, 2014
People - that's how!!
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 50 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Apr 12, 2014

bob-maul wrote:
Overpopulation, huh? That may kill the majority, but I don't see every human dying off. Especially since we can make drinking water through desalinization. Not in large quantities, but enough for some to live

A domino effect would occur. Less food, less oil, the air would continue to detoriate, the amount of humans would mean democracy would be out the window, etc. 

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 50 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
633 posts

Apr 12, 2014

Death is something the human brain can not process, don't want to accept, people are like robots that repeat everything they see around them, we gain all information from what we see around us and that's it for us, just like the dinosaurs, they repeat everything they saw around them. . . being born, growing and reproduction was all they needed, for them everything was alright, we are just like that but people can think about the future better, we just have a new tool we should be using instead of pretending everything is alright, if nothing changes your mind, don't worry, The Universe isn't going to change its mind either, to be honest, If I was a God and this was my Universe, I'd really be embarrased myself, if there is anything in charge of this B S. . . then I'd categorize it as being the most evil you can possibly be, just like the speed of light, go any faster and it wouldn't even make sense or like a a singularity but evilarity instead lol. there is only one thing I don't like about the same specie I'm part of going extinct, you can't never have that pleasant feeling of letting them know, I told you!

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 50 (86 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12577 posts

Apr 12, 2014
Air would be fine since we would not be there to ruin plant life. Food as well. This is all an equilibrium that will be fine as more people die. It is a trend throughout the animal kingdom.

A mountain analogy is in order! Tons of plant life appears all of a sudden. The deer begin eating a lot and having tons of babies. The wolves begin eating the massive population of deer and they have babies. The wolves keep growing and the deer begin to decline as the plant life is all eaten and the wolves eat them. The wolves begin to starve from too few deer. They begin dwindling and the plant life begins to regrow as there are no deer to eat the plants. More plants appear and VOILA the deer spawn like rabbits thanks to new food sources. The cycle continues.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 50 (85 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12577 posts

Apr 12, 2014
@zorillo You cannot have evil without that being existing in the first place, so you are kinda stuck.

The rest is weak rhetoric. Keep to the topic and don't make this a religious debate.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 50 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
633 posts

Apr 12, 2014

tollett wrote:

It won't be any one thing, but a combination of several.  Our population is facing a tipping point in the near future as growth outpaces available resources.  This will lead to shortages of food, medicine, and potable water. 

Our climate is changing leading to more natural disaters and melting polar ice caps. 

Over-use of anitbiotics are leading to stronger strains of bacteria, add to that the risk of release of any number of biological warfare agents developed by governments around the world. New viruses are popping up at a record pace.  A global pandemic is inevitable.

Terrorists and rogue nations have the technology to deploy an EMP attack that would cripple the U.S. in the blink of an eye leading to population loss of 50% or greater.  All it would take is a handful of SCUD missiles launched from cargo ships armed with nuclear warheads detonated at altitude over the U.S.  I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

And you have to also consider the possibility of asteroid impact, solar flare, and volcanic activity.

That's not true, earth can support 3X or 4X, the current population maybe more depending on on how innovation goes but this specie is too **bleep**ed up already so whatever.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 50 (79 Views)
0 Likes