Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Re: How to get fit?

Dec 27, 2012
Walking won't help you lose weight. If you want cardio, you gotta run, not jog. But I'm sure if you're just starting you'll be slow, so work up to it.

If you have a bench, do Starting Strength. Bench presses, squats, deadlifts, and some more stuff. I'd stay away from machine and just use dumbbells.

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 46 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Dec 27, 2012

TKearney9 wrote:
Walking won't help you lose weight. If you want cardio, you gotta run, not jog. But I'm sure if you're just starting you'll be slow, so work up to it.

If you have a bench, do Starting Strength. Bench presses, squats, deadlifts, and some more stuff. I'd stay away from machine and just use dumbbells.

walking is a big part of it.  you cant just start off running 6 miles on a treadmill,  walk, jog & build up to it.

walking is the key

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 46 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Dec 27, 2012
walking isn't going to help with cardio at all unless he's obese. He needs to start jogging 2 or more miles, then once he gets in shape start running. Starting off, I'd shoot for 2 miles at 9:30 pace. Depending on how out of shape he is, maybe over 10 minutes / mile.

But just starting off jogging will help him a ton and he'll eventually get his time and his weight down.

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 46 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3989 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

One question KAZ, are you trying to become buff and have a body like Bruce Lee? XD. You would be a bad MF if you had a bolike like him and have moves like him. You probably be scary lol. Even I might be afraid of you, "might" lol I as nice 6 foot guy but mess with me and I will bring NJ on you. But I would never fight a brother like you KAZ. So don't worry :smileytongue: I am not buff or anything but I can still do some damage. Lol why am I bragging, seriously why am I? O_o

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 46 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Dec 27, 2012

TKearney9 wrote:
walking isn't going to help with cardio at all unless he's obese. He needs to start jogging 2 or more miles, then once he gets in shape start running. Starting off, I'd shoot for 2 miles at 9:30 pace. Depending on how out of shape he is, maybe over 10 minutes / mile.

But just starting off jogging will help him a ton and he'll eventually get his time and his weight down.

walking helps even with cardio, u cant just dive right into it and jog 2 miles. He will puke even by jogging

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 46 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3989 posts

Dec 27, 2012

Lol, he is not fat idk why he is keep saying that. He is not a Sumo wrestler.  XD

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 46 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Dec 27, 2012

MJB2348765 wrote:

Lol, he is not fat idk why he is keep saying that. He is not a Sumo wrestler.  XD

I lost 110 pounds...I know all about it. Walking was a big part of it.

I do run  now but it was all a process.  Water helps a lot XD

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 46 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Dec 27, 2012
Lol I'm not Obese god, Just 20 pound extra, Lol, and Im pretty sure jogging and swimming help more than walk lol
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 46 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6359 posts

Dec 27, 2012

BigBrotherKaz wrote:

Okay, just wanna have some advice that all, but does 4 hour worth of Billy Blank Taebo cut it? or do I have to Jog and Swin and eat nothing too?

sit up &pull up  and push up  100 a day of each set of  25 take 15 minute break do the secon set. and after you eat  do the 3rd set.  and before bed do the 4 set the 1st set starts when  get out of bed for all of them, if your serious about it..  All that wlaking and etc is ok, But to me its a waste of  time .Unless your trying to score a hot  date.."Tip"

No matter your diet  their is such a thing as" fat fit "and evry body is different, i would recommned a  indoor  door gym thing, u  can hang it on the  door and do  pullup and sit onthe floor to  pushup and sit up. cheap  , easy and works.

Only thing you need is the dedication  and the honor to obey the regime.  also weight do  good job , but start at low number like 10 lbs by  8 mths  you should be  to  125lbs, if  go to gym  spend 2 hrs a day there doing your regime.

as far as  food almond . wheat bread and   water. stay away from  pork,,

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 46 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Dec 27, 2012
Yes but walking helps. I'm not going to say it again.

Even if you are 20 pounds over, it doesn't matter. If you haven't worked out. You will hurt yourself by jumping right into it. You don't need to kill yourself in loosing weight. You could nothing but walk and just watch what you eat. You will loose weight. But, you do whatever.

But go do what you feel like.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 46 (47 Views)
0 Likes