Reply
Oct 20 2008
By: Vi3taZnDr4g0n Wastelander 834 posts
Offline

How old do you need to be to have a PayPal account?

10 replies 3530 views Edited Oct 20, 2008
Hi, I'm only 16 and I would like a paypal account... I would only need it to recieve money from another person or company because I am selling it to them. And the only option is PayPal. They ask for my address and phone number, which is the only option so far. I dont have a bank account or credit card. Is it still possible to sign up for one without parent's information? And how do I get the money? Some man goes to my door and hands me the money or what?
Message 1 of 11 (3,530 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/16/2007
Offline
4899 posts
 

Re: How old do you need to be to have a PayPal account?

Oct 20, 2008
You can set up an acount without a bank acount or creditcard attachted to it, but you can only recieve money, you can not send it.
Message 2 of 11 (3,530 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/05/2006
Offline
502 posts
 

Re: How old do you need to be to have a PayPal account?

Oct 20, 2008

Vi3tazndr4g0n wrote:
Hi, I'm only 16 and I would like a paypal account... I would only need it to recieve money from another person or company because I am selling it to them. And the only option is PayPal. They ask for my address and phone number, which is the only option so far. I dont have a bank account or credit card. Is it still possible to sign up for one without parent's information? And how do I get the money? Some man goes to my door and hands me the money or what?

Correct

Message 3 of 11 (3,530 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/12/2007
Offline
3024 posts
 

Re: How old do you need to be to have a PayPal account?

Oct 20, 2008
you could grab a credit card from Wells Fargo. they provide teen checking accounts. then attach paypal to the card
Photobucket

I Heart my Scion xB
Message 4 of 11 (3,530 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/01/2008
Offline
834 posts
 

Re: How old do you need to be to have a PayPal account?

Oct 20, 2008

T_O_M wrote:
You can set up an acount without a bank acount or creditcard attachted to it, but you can only recieve money, you can not send it.

yes thats what I only want, the offer is 50 dollars 

Message 5 of 11 (3,530 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/01/2008
Offline
834 posts
 

Re: How old do you need to be to have a PayPal account?

Oct 20, 2008

E$PN. wrote:

Vi3tazndr4g0n wrote:
Hi, I'm only 16 and I would like a paypal account... I would only need it to recieve money from another person or company because I am selling it to them. And the only option is PayPal. They ask for my address and phone number, which is the only option so far. I dont have a bank account or credit card. Is it still possible to sign up for one without parent's information? And how do I get the money? Some man goes to my door and hands me the money or what?

Correct


how long does it take? i dont know any paypal stores in my city at all.

Message 6 of 11 (3,530 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/01/2008
Offline
834 posts
 

Re: How old do you need to be to have a PayPal account?

Oct 20, 2008
Yikes, Im at the 2nd page of signing up for a Paypal account and... they have 2 options for me to pay. one either with a bank or one with a credit card. I DONT want to pay, i just want to be able to recieve money. what do i do now?
Message 7 of 11 (3,530 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/08/2005
Offline
4974 posts
 

Re: How old do you need to be to have a PayPal account?

Oct 20, 2008

Vi3tazndr4g0n wrote:
Yikes, Im at the 2nd page of signing up for a Paypal account and... they have 2 options for me to pay. one either with a bank or one with a credit card. I DONT want to pay, i just want to be able to recieve money. what do i do now?

 

How will you get your money off of PayPal without a bank account or debit/credit card? If you are selling something you can just have the people pay you in Money Orders.
Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.
Message 8 of 11 (3,530 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/01/2008
Offline
834 posts
 

Re: How old do you need to be to have a PayPal account?

Oct 20, 2008

Jazzy Keyz wrote:

Vi3tazndr4g0n wrote:
Yikes, Im at the 2nd page of signing up for a Paypal account and... they have 2 options for me to pay. one either with a bank or one with a credit card. I DONT want to pay, i just want to be able to recieve money. what do i do now?

 

How will you get your money off of PayPal without a bank account or debit/credit card? If you are selling something you can just have the people pay you in Money Orders.

doesnt someone just show up to my house and hand me the money? someone confirmed it to me in this thread up a bit

Message 9 of 11 (3,530 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/08/2005
Offline
4974 posts
 

Re: How old do you need to be to have a PayPal account?

Oct 20, 2008
^^ I honestly think that the person who said that was pulling your leg. If not then ok. I just didn't know that.
Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.
Message 10 of 11 (3,530 Views)
Reply
0 Likes