Keyblade Wielder
9674 posts

Re: How many people prefer dark backgrounds over white ones

Jan 7, 2007
yeah i do find it very hard to do things that look good with a white background, apple does it well, but i dont like much else....maybe a white background, but colored table cells, so it isnt blinding.

but i am very good at keeping image file sizes and load times down. its very simple to just use a 1 pixel wide image file to fill a menu bar, or for a border a 1x3 pixel image file that makes the border looks very good, but takes like a microsecond to load the thing.

ive looked at very high end sites, that use entire full 3x600 pixel image files for a border, that is the same solid stripes all the way down

Message 21 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13671 posts

Jan 7, 2007
light bg with dark text, i use the cloudy blue skin here

Message 22 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4565 posts

Jan 7, 2007
neither... to extreme... i like the suttle grey. /heh
~
Message 23 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8440 posts

Jan 7, 2007
Me! It's hard to find good ones though, I prefer pictures of big cities at nightSmiley Wink
Message 24 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12488 posts

Jan 7, 2007
At first, I didn't like the new dark background, but now I like it better than the original white background.
Watch out! House is about ready to hit you with his cane...
Message 25 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Jan 7, 2007

Masta Squidge wrote:
Just saw that thread about the nintendo forums, and since i do a little bit of html, some of which others see alot, i wanna know which you guys all prefer.

Dark backgrounds with light text, or light backgrounds with dark text.

I personally think it is much easier on the eyes, as there is alot less light comign from a page with a dark background, making it easier to see the light letters that stand out.

i feel the a light background can sometimes flare out the dark text, and make it harder to see it

dark 4 life
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 26 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9674 posts

Jan 7, 2007
nice sig gnar, guess what, im wearing a pink floyd t-shirt, a pink floyd hoodie, and amazingly as i typed that pink floyd came on my itunes,  "shine on you crazy diamond" to be exact. and the funny thing is, people call me a poser and say i dont listen to that band when i wear it at school. and yet i have like 4 cds from them on my itunes, and i always have some of it on my psp

Message 27 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Jan 7, 2007

Masta Squidge wrote:
nice sig gnar, guess what, im wearing a pink floyd t-shirt, a pink floyd hoodie, and amazingly as i typed that pink floyd came on my itunes,  "shine on you crazy diamond" to be exact. and the funny thing is, people call me a poser and say i dont listen to that band when i wear it at school. and yet i have like 4 cds from them on my itunes, and i always have some of it on my psp

awesome!!
i got all the floyd gear too.
i got all their cds, and their all on my iPod too!
shine on is a great tune.
my favorite is "time".
whats yours??
Message 28 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Jan 7, 2007
im alwase in the mood for a dark one
Message 29 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9674 posts

Jan 7, 2007

Gnar_Kill wrote:

Masta Squidge wrote:

awesome!!
i got all the floyd gear too.
i got all their cds, and their all on my iPod too!
shine on is a great tune.
my favorite is "time".
whats yours??

honestly idk, but time is a good one, so is.... hold on let me think.....ahh have to open itunes, cant think wish you were here is nice to relax to, i like that song alot, also lost for words, poles apart, and what do you want from me, idk i like them all lol

Message 30 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes