Last Guardian
9995 posts

Re: How many pages does a post have to be before you just decide to skip it?

Apr 9, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Does the author make a decision for you too, in other words do you skip or perhaps definitely read some Threads because of who the author is?

BRIT-KO

I look at the titles not authors. On a slow day I might just check just about every thread, but normally just the ones that are interesting to me. In Uncharted 3 community I do look who's the author, since some people there are just not worth my time. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 21 of 24 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Apr 11, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

TheJLC wrote:

Well it depends on the subject. If the subject is interesting, I don;t mind reading through various pages. If I don't like the subject at hand, I might just skip to the end or the thread entirely.

If the OP doesn't mind I'd like to throw something into the mix...

Does the author make a decision for you too, in other words do you skip or perhaps definitely read some Threads because of who the author is?

BRIT-KO

Hmm... good question. I don't think so, though. Not yet anyway.  As I grow more familiar with the personalities attached to a poster, it may come into play in the future.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 24 (66 Views)
MVP Support
41753 posts

Apr 11, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

TheJLC wrote:

Well it depends on the subject. If the subject is interesting, I don;t mind reading through various pages. If I don't like the subject at hand, I might just skip to the end or the thread entirely.

If the OP doesn't mind I'd like to throw something into the mix...

BRIT-KO

Hmm... good question. I don't think so, though. Not yet anyway.  As I grow more familiar with the personalities attached to a poster, it may come into play in the future.

That was exactly why I asked.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 23 of 24 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37258 posts

Apr 12, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

Now, I'm not asking anyone to actually read through the entire thing (seriously, don't do it. Too much randomness, and old thread is old), but how far do you think you'd be able to get, out of 1488 pages? 

But you can still get around this.  If you actually read all of those pages, the thread shows up as being read, and there are no new posts to read (of course).  But if you stumble across this thread you see all those unread posts (14,860 for me) and the feature is unusable.

Unless you cheat.  Go to the thread and click on the Topic Options link.  You'll get a drop-down and one of the options is Mark Topic as Read.  Then jump to the last page and work backward until the posts begin to lose relevance.  There.  You've just been caught up.

Now when you go to the MAG Clan Recruitment board you might see 5 new replies instead of 14,860.  That means 5 people have posted since you cheated the system.  Click on the 5 and it will take you to the first post you haven't read yet.  This feature now works properly for you.

Message 24 of 24 (53 Views)
0 Likes