Last Guardian
11298 posts

Re: How many pages does a post have to be before you just decide to skip it?

Apr 8, 2013
Unless there's drama in the thread i never read 2+ pages.
Message 11 of 24 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56227 posts

Apr 8, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

Now, I'm not asking anyone to actually read through the entire thing (seriously, don't do it. Too much randomness, and old thread is old), but how far do you think you'd be able to get, out of 1488 pages? 

I've read every page of that thread and I haven't even clicked your link Smiley Tongue   

Message 12 of 24 (88 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Apr 8, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

Now, I'm not asking anyone to actually read through the entire thing (seriously, don't do it. Too much randomness, and old thread is old), but how far do you think you'd be able to get, out of 1488 pages? 

I've read every page of that thread and I haven't even clicked your link Smiley Tongue   

You don't count...

Message 13 of 24 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Although I dont read every page if its excessively long..I reply to most of the things that are relevant to my interest. I just look at the OP and reply to the first post if it has 10 pages or so.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 14 of 24 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 9, 2013

I would have to say, "skipping it" is always an option.  Especially if the subject matter is one that I do not follow.  Just the same, I will give any large Thread a chance.

If a Thread has popped up and grown substantially in a short time, I will generally read through it to find out what all the conversation is about.  With this being said, it brings up one of my pet peeves.

Whenever I have been engaged in a Thread that piles page upon page, I am always slightly irked by those who just jump to the end and make a comment without fully gauging the Thread and conversation.  Some people just like to pop in, and throw a zinger into the mix.

Whether it be to go after someone they dislike, or just to make waves, it becomes annoying after a time.  I am pretty sure it is called Trolling as well.  Just the same, I make an effort to read all the Thread, should I feel like commenting.  This way I know I will not repeat information that has already been discussed, and I can get a feel for how the conversation has progressed.

Long Threads and skipping them, short answer; some times.  Most certainly if they are about Minecraft though.Smiley Very Happy

Moble

Message 15 of 24 (58 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 9, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

As I try to stay up to date in all areas of the Forum that I frequent, it is seldom the case I come upon a Thread that large, which I have not already seen most of.

If I am wandering through an area that I do not frequent as much, I will certainly not try to tackle a Thread of such girth.  That would be maddening.Smiley Happy

Moble

Message 16 of 24 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Apr 9, 2013

The amount of pages don't matter to me if it is a topic that I actually care to read through.  If I see it beginning to go way off topic though then I skip it. Page count doesn't matter so much as the content of the thread.

Message 17 of 24 (54 Views)
Survivor
2375 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Well it depends on the subject. If the subject is interesting, I don;t mind reading through various pages. If I don't like the subject at hand, I might just skip to the end or the thread entirely.

Message 18 of 24 (42 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41733 posts

Apr 9, 2013

TheJLC wrote:

Well it depends on the subject. If the subject is interesting, I don;t mind reading through various pages. If I don't like the subject at hand, I might just skip to the end or the thread entirely.

If the OP doesn't mind I'd like to throw something into the mix...

Does the author make a decision for you too, in other words do you skip or perhaps definitely read some Threads because of who the author is?

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 19 of 24 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 9, 2013
Ooooh I definitely take note of theDster's threads. There is nothing I love more than seeing his hilarious rants, then greyghost or someone else absolutely taking him to task. Brings a smile to my face everytime Smiley Tongue
Message 20 of 24 (32 Views)
0 Likes