Treasure Hunter
6471 posts

Re: How do you explain this?

Nov 26, 2006

PS2112 wrote:

Most games on the playable PS3's are very old unfinished demos. As well, if you didn't know, all PS3 games are running off the HDD instead of a disc (I got to actually touch the PS3 machine at Target the other day ago and there was no disc playing).  Although, I believe most games are freezing because they are unfinished products.

Yeah, the PS3 on display that I played last night was running those demos off of the HDD as well. The guy had to come around a reset the console because it froze up while I was playing MotorStorm. He opened up the display case and the actual PS3 running the demo was attached to the wall within the display. The PS3 that was visible through the glass was not the one running the demos.
Message 51 of 112 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8676 posts

Nov 26, 2006
Almost every reponse in this thread is spoken out of pure fanboyism.Smiley Indifferent That's what I hate about Sony fanboys, they're nothing but hypocritesSmiley Indifferent
Message 52 of 112 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6471 posts

Nov 26, 2006

FieryKaos wrote:
Almost every reponse in this thread is spoken out of pure fanboyism.Smiley Indifferent That's what I hate about Sony fanboys, they're nothing but hypocritesSmiley Indifferent

Yeah, there are fanboys on every forum. Nothing you can do about it.
Message 53 of 112 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6819 posts

Nov 26, 2006

(PsP *sucks*)Snake wrote:
nice lie, ur a fanboy alright

thats a fanboyish response if ive ever heard one..

Rome Anthem 158 = Freerider Heaven
In my time here, i have learnt that 80% of the stories that are posted on the forums have been reposted from Digg, Reddit, ect..
Message 54 of 112 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14448 posts

Nov 26, 2006

.chaos. wrote:

PS2112 wrote:

Most games on the playable PS3's are very old unfinished demos. As well, if you didn't know, all PS3 games are running off the HDD instead of a disc (I got to actually touch the PS3 machine at Target the other day ago and there was no disc playing).  Although, I believe most games are freezing because they are unfinished products.

Yeah, the PS3 on display that I played last night was running those demos off of the HDD as well. The guy had to come around a reset the console because it froze up while I was playing MotorStorm. He opened up the display case and the actual PS3 running the demo was attached to the wall within the display. The PS3 that was visible through the glass was not the one running the demos.

The one at my Target was the actual machine. I remember where they had the machine, there wasn't much room at the back of shelf to put more stuff. I wanted to press the restart button, but my brother was playing and this police officer kept eyeing on me (I guess the cop was there because it was Black Friday). The machine was quiet and was only warm at edge of case (where the blu-ray drive is at).
Message 55 of 112 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2326 posts

Nov 26, 2006
I think sony is new at making machines that produce lots of heat so the first 100,000's of ps3 might have problems.

but I agree with you about motorstorm. when I played it I was like "**bleep**? my 360 has the same power but it won't do that?"
i sometimes go by gargig
Message 56 of 112 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8407 posts

Nov 26, 2006
Everybodys playing it all day when their in the store
No Current Sig.
Message 57 of 112 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
916 posts

Nov 26, 2006
rofl

Codeblue1296 wrote:
Well the PS3 is black so it hold in alot more heat...

that is not trying to be racist

Message 58 of 112 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Nov 27, 2006

Carmaster wrote:
Now before I say anything, I would like to announce that I am not an Xbox 360 fanboy. Thank you.

I just went to Best Buy, and I got to play the 60 GB PS3!!! It was pretty good, but I still prefer the Xbox 360. Can anyone answer this question? I first arrived at Best Buy around 5:00 AM, and their only PS3 was overheated. Their Xbox 360 however, was as cool as ice. They were both in the same size display case, and they were far away enough from each other that their radiant heat did not have an appreciable effect. So why was the PS3 unusable for 7 hours due to overheating while the Xbox 360 worked the whole time? I even took pictures to prove that they were in the same sized display case. On a side note, I got to play Motorstorm on the PS3, and the graphics of the vehicles were awesome, but the backgrounds looked somewhat PS2-ish. I then immediately played the Xbox 360, and all of the graphics on the screen looked next-gen. I just want an answer to my question, but I don't want to start a flame war. Please answer politely.

The overheated PS3:   

The less warm Xbox 360:

Message Edited by Carmaster on 11-25-2006 06:16 PM

the vandals did it
Northernlime is available at http://www.freewebs.com/northernlime/index.htm
Message 59 of 112 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Nov 27, 2006
well if its not the vandals you can always warm your hands on it in the winter