Fender Bender
2879 posts

Re: How do you become a Moderator in the Playstation Community?

Jul 2, 2014

fairy dust

Fairy dust, definitely  fairy dust involved somehow

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 21 of 57 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2014

Edin99 wrote:

Like many other forums, the way an individual becomes a moderator is by being an active, friendly and knowledgeable member of a forum. The use of proper grammar and years as a member also helps in becoming a moderator.

Now on to my question... Does the usual criteria of becoming a moderator similar in the Playstation Community Forum or does it differ?

Note: Since I am having a hard time navigating through the forum, I'm pretty sure the forum has the answer in an section, so I apologize for making this thread. 

I know this is an old thread but I was banned on the UK forum due to abuse from a child there.  People are complaining about the poor PS+ content and he was going round bullying anyone who criticised it.

I stood up to the bully and kept within the rules but he kept coming back with more abuse and to put a long story short I got banned and he's carrying on but only stopped after I was banned, this got me thinking that he may have moderator access.

It says something though if sony are giving moderator access to spoilt little brats who in turn bully anyone who's critical of Sony.............it's hardly a shock he acts like this though if he's a mod

Message 22 of 57 (169 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Sep 5, 2014
These forums are no better.
Anything and everything gets one into trouble around here.
Especially if ur not part of the MVP program.
Or some other posters that those that have power here tend to give diplomacy with whatever they post.
Overall it's not any better around here.
People report like crazy if ur not their buddy or don't like what u have to say.
Or take the slightest bit of offense.
Then we have forum police and snitches where as all they do is look for anything to report unnecessarily.
Yes we have a great community here.
Message 23 of 57 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2491 posts

Sep 5, 2014
Trust me, no one on the UK forum has mod tools apart from Sony staff. Don't worry, I often get banns from there Smiley Wink
Who were you arguing with? I'll probably know who they are if they post regular.
Message 24 of 57 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20406 posts

Sep 5, 2014

RegPoster wrote:
Anything and everything gets one into trouble around here.
Especially if ur not part of the MVP program.

I find it easier to get in trouble as an MVP than as a regular user, mainly because everyone will go on a rampage against the program and start just hating everyone in it.

That's not to mention the already existing enmity some people have towards the program, making them even easier to provoke.

Message 25 of 57 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Sep 5, 2014
RegPoster.
Not post regular.
Message 26 of 57 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2491 posts

Sep 5, 2014
I have an award winner badge on the UK forum, people like to bring that up when I upset them Smiley Happy
Message 27 of 57 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2014

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
Trust me, no one on the UK forum has mod tools apart from Sony staff. Don't worry, I often get banns from there Smiley Wink

I'm not so sure about that.  As I said he abuses everyone and stalked me but straight after the ban he just stops, magic hey

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
Who were you arguing with? I'll probably know who they are if they post regular.

rancidpunk, everyone and anyone who mentions how bad the PS+ content is gets the same abuse off him but he's untouchable, just check his posting history.

I wasn't arguing either I was telling him as paying customers we're perfectly justified in saying if we're not happy with the content without getting abuse from him.....................I was banned after that

Message 28 of 57 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2491 posts

Sep 5, 2014
I already had a look and saw it was rancid Smiley Happy
No, he has no control over the mods and has had a recent ban himself for a day.
Message 29 of 57 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2014

Well I tried phoning Sony today to put a complaint in but they didn't even ask my name, I guy just put me straight through to a Quality survey after waiting to get through to him for over 40 minutes!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If they don't reply to my emails next week the PS3 and 4 are going and Microsoft here I come, I wont give money to a company that looks after bullying kids like that

Message 30 of 57 (120 Views)
0 Likes