Big Daddy
16939 posts

Re: How do I watch South Park on PS3?

Mar 5, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

DaBird-Is-DaWord wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

spyder_21 wrote:
They took off South park from Netflix???????? What!!!

netflix is annoying

what someone needs to do is create an app where it as ALL the movies ever made available

That's just unrealistic, lol. And you won't see a legal version of such an app any time soon.

lets get real here tho

i know it probly wont happen but look

if i decide i want to watch rush hour 2 suddenly

and lets say netflix doesnt have it...

how do i watch it

all the dvd rental places like blockbuster are closed down in my area

there is redboxes in my area but they dont have a big availability of diverse movies only a select few

theres no guaranteed way to watch a movie these days unless i find it on amazon and order the dvd now

hulu might have the movies netflix doesnt have

so now  i gota subscribe to 2 different providers which they probably wont have all the movies i wana watch even if you put them together

This is why i BUY my movies.

I don't have to rely on using the internet if the need to watch a random movie suddenly tickles my fancy.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 13 of 22 (1,983 Views)
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Mar 5, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

DaBird-Is-DaWord wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

spyder_21 wrote:

netflix is annoying

what someone needs to do is create an app where it as ALL the movies ever made available

That's just unrealistic, lol. And you won't see a legal version of such an app any time soon.

lets get real here tho

how do i watch it

there is redboxes in my area but they dont have a big availability of diverse movies only a select few

theres no guaranteed way to watch a movie these days unless i find it on amazon and order the dvd now

so now  i gota subscribe to 2 different providers which they probably wont have all the movies i wana watch even if you put them together

There's a pretty huge selection of movies for you to rent for 24 hour periods on Playstation Store, Amazon Video,  Vudu, and RedBox Instant. Not to mention iTunes and similar websites. There are legal ways to digitally rent or own most movies out there now in days. Between those apps and services like Netflix, Hulu, Crackle, and Crunchy Roll you're pretty much covered.

Then of course you've got piracy... PS3's a great tool for watching not-so-legally downloaded .avi/mp4 videos. Just throw it on a USB, load it up, and make sure to turn your Internet connection off so you don't get a Cinavia block and you're all set...

Message 14 of 22 (1,968 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Mar 5, 2014

TheFunkyRapper wrote:
Hulu has every season

I can verify this.  That's where I watch South Park.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 15 of 22 (1,960 Views)
VP of Gaming
36710 posts

Mar 5, 2014

DaBird-Is-DaWord wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

DaBird-Is-DaWord wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

spyder_21 wrote:

netflix is annoying

lets get real here tho

how do i watch it

There's a pretty huge selection of movies for you to rent for 24 hour periods on Playstation Store, Amazon Video,  Vudu, and RedBox Instant. Not to mention iTunes and similar websites. There are legal ways to digitally rent or own most movies out there now in days. Between those apps and services like Netflix, Hulu, Crackle, and Crunchy Roll you're pretty much covered.

thats my point...

if today i wana watch a movie and i go online to see where its available and i see that its on netflix... cool ill watch it

tomorrow i might wana watch a different movie ill go see where its at and it would be on vudu this time... so id have to subscribe to vudu... why not right?

then 3 days later i wana watch a third different movie and this one is only on amazon video... so now i have to subscribe to a 3rd app which is even more money

at the end id have to be subscribed to all the providers

or buy or pirate movies

Message 16 of 22 (1,958 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11075 posts

Mar 5, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

netflix is annoying

i'd like that as well, *but* we'd be paying a very high sub cost for it. i read though the whole thread before replying so i saw the other points, but no one brought up the real reasoning behind all of that, it's licensing. the content owners know they can get more revenue by making multiple deals than by making one single deal for one "place" to have everything.

what we did in my family is we just split everything up. i pay for the netflix, my parents pay for hulu, my sister pays the amason prime bill, etc. we all live separately, but this way, we get it all, without covering all of the expenses individually.

Message 17 of 22 (1,953 Views)
Fender Bender
3220 posts

Mar 5, 2014
Can't you buy them off the ps store? Just buy the episodes you want to watch off there or start collecting the seasons dvd/blu rays from your local walmart or target .
Message 18 of 22 (1,943 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28691 posts

Mar 5, 2014

Welcome to one of the short comings of "streaming". If someone decides to pull the license, you're SOL. (Looking at his copy of South Park Season 1) It may not be "the future", but at least I know Viacom isn't going to break into my house and confiscate my DVD's and Blu Rays.

Message 19 of 22 (1,942 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Mar 5, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Welcome to one of the short comings of "streaming". If someone decides to pull the license, you're SOL. (Looking at his copy of South Park Season 1) It may not be "the future", but at least I know Viacom isn't going to break into my house and confiscate my DVD's and Blu Rays.

Viacom is pretty crazy with its copyrights...

Some legislation may just get passed because of your statement

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 20 of 22 (1,936 Views)
0 Likes