Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Re: How did you come up with your name?

Mar 28, 2012

Pariah599...for those of you who do not use a dictionary, a pariah is a social outcast, or someone at the bottom of society. I've always been 'that guy' who is too weird to be normal, yet at the same time too normal to be weird. A misfit in the truest sense. Nothing controversial or shocking, yet paradoxical and contradictory.

I picked a random string of numbers to follow it, and 599 popped into my head automatically. I made this user name around 2004 time-frame, which was standard then to have numbers follow your gamer tag.

Pariah599
---------------
Sony rocks!
Message 51 of 58 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Mar 28, 2012

This is a really cool thread.

It's great to find out what some of the backstory is behind your IDs!

I decided to add a combination of my favorite things. LA could represent Los Angeles and also it means 'the' in spanish or italian. I thought it was clever at the time   I'm a big big fan of X-Men and one of my favorite characters is Rogue.  Also I really love music so hence the Beatz.

Photobucket

{

}

{

}

Message 52 of 58 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Mar 29, 2012

Speedy = Tag name

24xmax = the CD drive on my computer at the time...

So I just combined the two and came up with Speedy24xmax

Message 53 of 58 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7248 posts

Mar 31, 2012

LOL I thought it was LA like the rouge like wild or crazy and beats as music

IDK u were a fellow LAien (idk why but i really like that word LAien)

energy
Message 54 of 58 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 31, 2012

Well, in search of a different and more creative name than Chevelle999, I checked if Nomzilla was available, and to my complete surprise, it was. Godzilla is awesome and everything, but I would prefer the more hungry version, Nomzilla People seem to love it, and omnomnom me every chance they get

Message 55 of 58 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7248 posts

Mar 31, 2012

LOL thats actually a good name

energy
Message 56 of 58 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Mar 31, 2012

I have known the term "Sapphic" for a long time, it's a term coined to describe homosexuality/lesbianism.

I've always thought that Sapphire's were absolutely beautiful stones, and I used to go by Sapphire on a chat site, but that name was shortened down to Sapphy, which I suspect the same will happen with this name.

All of this leads me to the point when I was trying to come up with something for my PlayStation account, the night before I signed up for my account, I was having a discussion with a few friends and someone that I was introduced to on that very night; they are very much against the idea of people dating within the same gender, and their opinion sparked a very heated debate which ended with them saying that same-gender couples are "poison" to our communities and to our way of life as a whole.

Fast-forward to the night where I'm staring at my screen, trying to think of a name and SapphicPoison was put together in my brain, I liked how it sounded so I typed it in and it was available.

SapphicPoison Trophy Card
Message 57 of 58 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Apr 2, 2012

Mine comes from a character on an old show on MTV called Sifl and Olly.  It was a strange sock puppet show that lasted only 2-3 seasons.  It's comparable to Wonder Showzen, without the kids.  The hyphen is because it was taken!  In many different forms.  Couldn't think of anything else so I added the hyphen, which isn't all that visible anyway.  I've never crossed paths with another zafo so far...

If you are curious, look up "sifl and olly zafo" on you tube.  You'll know when you see him.

Message 58 of 58 (49 Views)
0 Likes