I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Re: How did the Egyptians allign the great pyramids with stars?

May 9, 2013
DANG!!! This ol' boy put it to ya gRey! look at that..links Nd everything. you sir earn a kudo.
Message 21 of 34 (60 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37799 posts

May 9, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

pacpunk wrote:

It's one of those great mysteries. People like to say slaves except those block are way to big and heavy to move with the technology they supposedly had, and some people say aliens but there isn't really evidence for that either. I would say the pyramids are older then we think they are.

You don't trust heiroglyphs, scrolls and papyrus documents that state how old they are?

Nor carbon dating of some of the paint that colors the interiors of the many tombs?

you didnt even watch the video i posted did you...

Message 22 of 34 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2449 posts

May 9, 2013
i took an ancient Egyptian history class. Very advanced civilization they had. They actually used a method on building the pyramids, i'll post it up later (to tired atm lol).
My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 23 of 34 (51 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37799 posts

May 9, 2013

wais_45 wrote:
i took an ancient Egyptian history class. Very advanced civilization they had. They actually used a method on building the pyramids, i'll post it up later (to tired atm lol).

cool looking forward to it

Message 24 of 34 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3080 posts

May 9, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

How did they align the corners of the pyramid so accurately with the four points of the compass? This was the easy part. It just takes a curved wall facing more or less North as judged by the stars. Select a rising star on the Eastern horizon and mark a line on the top of the wall pointing to it. Mark another line on the wall when it is low on the Western horizon. Take the line straight down the wall , using a plumb line, and then extend it along the ground until it meets the other line. Bisect this angle and you now have a line pointing exactly due North.

There are any number of very simple methods that can then be employed to construct a right angle that will then align with the other points of the compass. After that its just a question of placing markers in the ground for the four corners of the pyramid. As I said, that part is easy, it does not require alien technology, just a little brain power.

How did they achieve such a perfect 52 degree angle of slope? Because they were clever! They were masters of angles, a skill they had acquired in part through astronomy, and also through a good knowledge of mathematics. Each mason that worked on finishing the outer blocks had a template with an angle of 52 degrees that he used to cut his block to fit. After that it was careful alignment of block to block as they placed them carefully on the inner blocks. It was literally done step by step.

Mystery solved, that's how it was done. Maybe not using that exact method, but something very like it.

You deserve a Kudo for that!

Message 25 of 34 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

May 9, 2013
Where's the top part of the pyramid? did it crumble with time?
Message 26 of 34 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55494 posts

May 9, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

The Egyptians were super smart.  They didn't need aliens.  How could we build greater towers like the Burj Dubai?  We got smart people to build it.  So did they.

It doesn't hust to have super devoted followers who were willing to work themselves to death building these pyramids.

Lol, you mean slaves?

besides, im more interested in stone-henge

I saw a show on history where some people erected a replica stonehenge, 100% by hand with no power tools, within the USA. 

Message 27 of 34 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55494 posts

May 9, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

I already gave you that info on the first page Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 34 (40 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37799 posts

May 9, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

I already gave you that info on the first page Smiley Wink

oops i didnt see your second post there im gona go read it

Message 29 of 34 (31 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37799 posts

May 9, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

But how did they build them using man power

Now for making the pyramids themselves. About 2,550 B.C., King Khufu, the second pharaoh of the fourth dynasty, commissioned the building of his tomb at Giza. Some Egyptologists believe it took somewhere in the region of 80 years to construct the pyramid. Having man-hauled the blocks to the site of the pyramid the obvious problem now is how to stack them up. There are a number of ways this may have been achieved, all of which require a ramp, or a system of ramps, as the only method available to the ancient Egyptians was man-power, and they had that in abundance.

The actual method of ramps used is not known with any certainty, but it most likely started with a single ramp by which means the blocks could be hauled into position. The blocks were laid down in layers, each successive layer being a little smaller in area than the one below it to give the pyramid its shape. As the blocks are layed onto a level surface, the same height as the ramp, no lifting was required, only hauling of the sledges. Removing the blocks from the sledge may have involved no more than dragging the block off the sledge. The entire pyramid could have been built using this simple system without a single block actually having to be lifted off the ground! No alien technology required. Very smart people these Egyptians.

As each successive layer was laid the ramp would need be heightened, and lengthened so as not to be too steep. Eventually this method would reach a limit where the size and construction of the ramp would be nearly as complex as the pyramid. The easiest way around this problem is to curve the ramp around the pyramid as the pyramid increased in height.

It definately could have been built by men. 

That does seem kinda convincing plus im not really a builder but that does make sense...

Message 30 of 34 (29 Views)