Welcoming Committee
37266 posts

Re: How did the Egyptians allign the great pyramids with stars?

May 9, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

The Egyptians were super smart.  They didn't need aliens.  How could we build greater towers like the Burj Dubai?  We got smart people to build it.  So did they.

It doesn't hust to have super devoted followers who were willing to work themselves to death building these pyramids.

Lol, you mean slaves?

besides, im more interested in stone-henge

That too.  They had slaves.  Slaves don't generally do such a great job of working because... why should they?  Slaves work just hard enough to not get into trouble, and only when the taskmaster is present.  There's nothing like having no real future in life to take the spring right out of your step.  Being a slave sucks, and their productivity reflects this.

I'm sure they used slaves for the menial labor, and the "can't mess it up" labor.  Fetching water, cleaning the streets, some farming, lifting heavy things nobody wants to lift, performing dangerous tasks nobody wants to do.  Stuff like that.

When you're building a monument that's intended to last thousands of years or more, you need professional workers and technicians.  They were moving expensive stones to an unheard-of height.  There is too much possibility for things to go wrong.  I would imagine as you got higher up the pyramid, you would find fewer and fewer slaves.

Many of the people working on the pyramids were professional workers, highly trained, highly motivated.  When you look at the remains of these people, their skeletons show immense signs of abuse.  They were worked to death.  Most likely there was only a small team working on the pyramids during the summer.  Everyone was needed to work the crops from alongside the Nile River.  Egypt produced an incredible amount of food.  Then after the harvest was over, they would go directly back to working on the pyramids.

Their entire religion and way of life revolved around death.  They spent their lives preparing to die, and they wanted to die as well as they could.  Being buried with a Pharaoh as one of his after-life servants was one of the better ways to die.  A lot of them got sealed into the pyramids so they could be on hand for later when the Pharaoh rose from the dead to his next life.  At least this is what they thought.

So yes, some of their followers truly were devoted.  And yes, there were slaves too.  They weren't devoted, but they did as they were told.  Slaves are rarely given a choice in such matters.  You do it or else.

Message 31 of 34 (62 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 9, 2013

I guess I just had the old 10 commandments movie image in my head. Im still pretty sure they had the majority of the labor being performed by closely surpurvised slaves, with the technicians present.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 32 of 34 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6897 posts

May 10, 2013

idk they probably used a ruler or something. Or maybe it was coincidence. 

Message 33 of 34 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2702 posts

May 10, 2013

Your ALL wrong.  Ramsey built that **bleep**.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 34 of 34 (40 Views)
0 Likes