Sackboy
466 posts

Re: How Does one make new friends? (no mic)

Jan 9, 2014

get good at video games, play online for fun and people request you. youre welcome.

Message 21 of 25 (98 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12476 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

Gamefreak_09 wrote:

General - Combine All Situations

So what advice would you give to someone who

- Does not have a mic

- Does not know how to start a written conversation with another player

- Does not use social media such as facebook, forums, or whatever

Friends usually enjoy each other's company and communicate in some manner. If spoken and written communications are both out of the question then I would be worried. My advice is to practice textual interactions. It doesn't take much effort to send brief (and friendly!) messages to others.

Gamefreak_09 wrote:

Grenre Specific - Do Not Combine Situations

So what advice would you give to someone who

- Only plays fighting games

- Only plays horror games

- Only plays rpg/mmo games

- Only plays sandbox games

- Only plays shooter games

Some video games have online multiplayer experiences and others do not. If someone would like to discuss his or her passion for a particular video game (or genre) with others then posting in forums is an excellent approach. My advice is to just start posting and interacting with people.

Gamefreak_09 wrote:

Person Specific - Do Not Combine

- Mostly antisocial, but wants friends

- Is a young-young gamer

- Has the maturity of a teen gamer

- Is an adult who has just joined the PSN

- Old person???

Something that works for one person might not work for another regardless of their age. Some individuals are more particular about the ages of the people who they add to their friends list than others. If they weren't then we wouldn't see threads every now and then looking for adults.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 22 of 25 (85 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12476 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

renatabls wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

renatabls wrote:
I get billions of FRs daily. -____-

All of them are blank. Smiley Indifferent

Well hey, you're Lightning is hot as your avatar. Plus, you're forum famous. Smiley Wink

I usually add people who at least write something but blank requests are like... Smiley Indifferent

Oh I know how you feel. I normally like people who actually type something in the friend request, but if I get a blank message or a default message made by a game (like Uncharted), then I normally don't accept based on laziness. Hell, I usually just type ":-D" into friend requests I send to people I know of.

Don't even get me started on whether or not the person has the default Cannon Fodder avatar. That just makes me want to decline it even more. Smiley Mad

defaultavatar.png

Random friend requests will carry more weight if people take a moment to tell their recipients why they are being sent.

I have never added anyone to my friends list that I didn’t recognize from somewhere (e.g., the forums), especially if I saw that their friend requests were blank. It doesn’t take very long for someone to type in a brief comment. Placing a comment into a friend request does not guarantee that the recipient will accept it but it will show him or her that the sender cares enough about his or her friend requests to put a little bit of effort into them.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 23 of 25 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1984 posts

Jan 10, 2014
Thanks for the discussion thus far, I will update this soon.... tad busy lately...

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 24 of 25 (65 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Jan 10, 2014

Before I had my mic, I made friends simply by playing online.  I even got invited intoa clan before I had a mic.  In fact, now that I have a mic, I don't use it that much.

“Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world...would do this, it would change the earth.”
― William Faulkner
Message 25 of 25 (61 Views)
0 Likes