Last Guardian
11298 posts

Re: How Does one make new friends? (no mic)

Jan 9, 2014
I get billions of FRs daily. -____-

All of them are blank. Smiley Indifferent
Message 11 of 25 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Jan 9, 2014

renatabls wrote:

Well hey, you're Lightning is hot as your avatar. Plus, you're forum famous. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 25 (87 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13232 posts

Jan 9, 2014
Well since I'm pretty good at games I tend to get random friend requests on my skillage. Generally, if I notice that we work well as a unit, ill accept or send the person a FR
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 13 of 25 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

renatabls wrote:

Well hey, you're Lightning is hot as your avatar. Plus, you're forum famous. Smiley Wink

I usually add people who at least write something but blank requests are like... Smiley Indifferent

Message 14 of 25 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Jan 9, 2014

renatabls wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

renatabls wrote:

I usually add people who at least write something but blank requests are like... Smiley Indifferent

Oh I know how you feel. I normally like people who actually type something in the friend request, but if I get a blank message or a default message made by a game (like Uncharted), then I normally don't accept based on laziness. Hell, I usually just type ":-D" into friend requests I send to people I know of.

Don't even get me started on whether or not the person has the default Cannon Fodder avatar. That just makes me want to decline it even more. Smiley Mad

Message 15 of 25 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9322 posts

Jan 9, 2014

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
True, playstation home does the talking for you if you can't.
Hello don't remember you really but hi..lol
Message 16 of 25 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Jan 9, 2014

I've gotten to the point where I went into my Privacy settings and disabled Friend Requests. I recieved far too many, and haven't added a single one. I have a few people from the forums, but other than that.. No randoms from Call of Duty. My block list is full! I **bleep** hate the 50 people limit. 

photo Untitled_zps78a0672e.png
Message 17 of 25 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Jan 9, 2014
@Msrock

Girls usually don't have a hard time finding friends online. Gaming or not, really. Considering your name, people saw it and wanted to be friends with you, even though they don't actually know who you are.

I don't get many people adding me, but when I do, I always check the game I met them on. If it's a game I need help on, like to rank up or whatever, then of course i'll add them and ask if they would like to play a few matches to rank up, but like if it is a cannon fodder avatar like said above, first thing that comes to mind is hacker/spammer. First thing is first, get yourself an avatar for your account, it's the closest thing to putting a face to your name.

I have actually been in quite a few matches that kicked me because of my NAME. Because they couldn't pronouce it... or for whatever reason.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 18 of 25 (64 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Gamefreak_09 wrote:

General - Combine All Situations

So what advice would you give to someone who

- Does not have a mic

- Does not know how to start a written conversation with another player

- Does not use social media such as facebook, forums, or whatever

Grenre Specific - Do Not Combine Situations

So what advice would you give to someone who

- Only plays fighting games

- Only plays horror games

- Only plays rpg/mmo games

- Only plays sandbox games

- Only plays shooter games

Person Specific - Do Not Combine

- Mostly antisocial, but wants friends

- Is a young-young gamer

- Has the maturity of a teen gamer

- Is an adult who has just joined the PSN

- Old person???

-

Before I put what I can think of, I want to see what you guys can suggest.

For someone who is mic-less, is terribad at being social, and doesnt put themselves out there on the internet

Play the games you like online. When you play with somone you enjoy playing with (they were funny, they were skilled, they were patient, etc.) send them a message like, "GG, thanks for (whatever they did that was cool). Would love to have more cool gamers on my list... mind if I added you?".  If they agree, THEN send the friend request.  Don't open with the friend request.. it can be creepy.

For someone who only plays one genre

This doesn't matter unless you only play single-player/offline games, as the above will still work.  And doubly so if you're active in socail spaces online.  If that's the case, and you only play single-player games, you'll really need to look into some form of social interaction online.  Twitter, wikis, review sites, forums, etc.  If you can't get down with online social, and you play single player games, and you struggle making friends irl... Then I suggest looking for "make PSN friends" threads online and start sending PMs from that list... just don't blindly send requests.  Be upfront, "Hey I saw your PSN ID on this thread.  Cool if I add you?"  

Person specific stuff I think is all covered by the suggestions above. Age is mostly irrelevant online.. it's more about behavior.  And no amount of advice can account for a crappy attitude.

Hope this helps!

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 19 of 25 (55 Views)
Sackboy
426 posts

Jan 9, 2014

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
@Msrock

Girls usually don't have a hard time finding friends online. Gaming or not, really. Considering your name, people saw it and wanted to be friends with you, even though they don't actually know who you are.

I don't get many people adding me, but when I do, I always check the game I met them on. If it's a game I need help on, like to rank up or whatever, then of course i'll add them and ask if they would like to play a few matches to rank up, but like if it is a cannon fodder avatar like said above, first thing that comes to mind is hacker/spammer. First thing is first, get yourself an avatar for your account, it's the closest thing to putting a face to your name.

I have actually been in quite a few matches that kicked me because of my NAME. Because they couldn't pronouce it... or for whatever reason.

You are kidding! 

I wonder if this is the majority of the kids "it-snotozzy-it-snozz" or some random **bleep**. 

I want to change my name to one that's confusing to tell what gender I am. I might as well. Smiley Tongue

I had "PentacIes" and "RabidKitteh666" for the longest time, but lost the log-in information for both, I'd call Sony but they ask for the serial number of the original PS3 and it's in Alaska, unless my aunt sold it. Lmao. 

photo Untitled_zps78a0672e.png
Message 20 of 25 (49 Views)
0 Likes