Jan 09 2014
By: Gamefreak_09 Uncharted Territory 1984 posts

How Does one make new friends? (no mic)

24 replies 183 views Edited Jan 9, 2014

This is for the sake of helping others, not me. Quite often, friend requests find their way to me whether it is through random. Actually, I recieved so many that I started to collect them (and not add)! Sadly I had to delete them to add other friends.

BUT ANYWAY

I am concerned for those who do not have mics and do not know how to make friends other than random friend requests. When someone randomly requests me, I can't help but feeling that they really don't have many friends or at least any good friends. Random requests can be such a gamble ya know?

General - Combine All Situations

So what advice would you give to someone who

- Does not have a mic

- Does not know how to start a written conversation with another player

- Does not use social media such as facebook, forums, or whatever

Grenre Specific - Do Not Combine Situations

So what advice would you give to someone who

- Only plays fighting games

- Only plays horror games

- Only plays rpg/mmo games

- Only plays sandbox games

- Only plays shooter games

Person Specific - Do Not Combine

- Mostly antisocial, but wants friends

- Is a young-young gamer

- Has the maturity of a teen gamer

- Is an adult who has just joined the PSN

- Old person???

-

Before I put what I can think of, I want to see what you guys can suggest.

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 1 of 25 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: How Does one make new friends? (no mic)

Jan 9, 2014
No text in the FR = no add.

Simple stuff.
Message 2 of 25 (180 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6968 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Depends on the game, people would add me in Uncharted 3 just because I was good, rather I had my headset on or off.

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 3 of 25 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Jan 9, 2014
So you are giving us a person who does not have a mic, is anti social obviously because they can't start a conversation with anyone for whatever reason(Hi is a good start), and someone who does not use social media on the internet...

Join a clan/guild. There are tons of them who are more than happy to let you join for simply being interested in their clan/guild. If he/she still can't make friends, then play by yourself.. one who does not try to make friends, does not get any friends, common sense. Unless they are beautiful.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 25 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2330 posts

Jan 9, 2014

JayJay2515 wrote:

Depends on the game, people would add me in Uncharted 3 just because I was good, rather I had my headset on or off.

Same.

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending"
Message 5 of 25 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9247 posts

Jan 9, 2014

If somebody does not have a microphone and wants to make new friends on PSN, I would suggest PLAYSTATION HOME. Smiley Tongue Just go into Playstation Home. It is free to enter Playstation Home. Then walk up to people and say "Hello". Some might insult you, but others will say "Hello" back to you. Then tell them "I like fighting games" or whatever you are into

There are all kinds of people in Playstation Home, young people, old people, from all over the world. I have 95 people on my friends list, half of them I met in Playstation Home.

Home

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 6 of 25 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Jan 9, 2014
True, playstation home does the talking for you if you can't.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 7 of 25 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1984 posts

Jan 9, 2014

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
So you are giving us a person who does not have a mic, is anti social obviously because they can't start a conversation with anyone for whatever reason(Hi is a good start), and someone who does not use social media on the internet...

Join a clan/guild. There are tons of them who are more than happy to let you join for simply being interested in their clan/guild. If he/she still can't make friends, then play by yourself.. one who does not try to make friends, does not get any friends, common sense. Unless they are beautiful.

(In case there was a misunderstanding. The combine areas are combining the below details in the section. The do not combine has all the details separate from each other.)

So after they say hi, they may feel at a loss for words though :[ . What are good follow ups that are generally great for all or most games?

-

There are typically guilds in mmos, rpg's, shooters, and such..... that sounds like a good direction. Depending on the community this can be quite effective. Assuming they play something like... idk a shooter, what would be the best strategy for finding a guild that way? Surely blindly asking wouldn't be a good idea..

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 8 of 25 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1984 posts

Jan 9, 2014

bronxsushi wrote:

If somebody does not have a microphone and wants to make new friends on PSN, I would suggest PLAYSTATION HOME. Smiley Tongue Just go into Playstation Home. It is free to enter Playstation Home. Then walk up to people and say "Hello". Some might insult you, but others will say "Hello" back to you. Then tell them "I like fighting games" or whatever you are into

There are all kinds of people in Playstation Home, young people, old people, from all over the world. I have 95 people on my friends list, half of them I met in Playstation Home.

Home

good idea, but some may feel a bit... questioning because of the whole set up of ps home. I have friends that are willing to use it and some that are plain NOT willing to use it ya know?

but yes this is indeed an option.

When in playstation home I sometimes find it a hard time looking for a conversation I feel welcome to join. Its something you have to learn to get past so it may not be as easy for some people as it is for others...

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 9 of 25 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Jan 9, 2014
@gamefreak

There are guilds for everything, and everyone that has to do with the gaming community. It is called putting in an effort to make friends, just like you would in REAL LIFE. If you want real life friends to play with online, you have to do real life things like actually talk/type to them. You want someone to walk you through on how to talk to someone or introduce yourself to someone or ask them to play a game with you?

"Hi, would you like to play a game with me?" "Hi, i'm new to the playstation and looking for people to play with, could I add you?"

But I am different than the average anti social joe, so take this all with a grain of salt coming from me.

Message 10 of 25 (128 Views)
0 Likes