Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 29 2012
By: SunnyShard First Son 5 posts

How Are My Costumes? ;]

7 replies 172 views Edited Nov 29, 2012

I was messing around and bought this cool costume, like in the video games haha. Would anyone rate how I look in it? I bet you can't guess what I am! Three RUPEES for whoever can guess right! Haha , enjoy :smileyhappy:

382155_3991581752474_320960106_n.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (172 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16620 posts

Re: How Are My Costumes? ;]

Nov 29, 2012

No idea who you're supposed to be but I give the shape an 11 on a scale to 10 with 10 being the best.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4397 posts

Nov 29, 2012

SunnyShard wrote:

Three RUPEES for whoever can guess right! Haha , enjoy :smileyhappy:

I only take U.S. currency. darn...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (162 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9311 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Death. I win. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (156 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1019 posts

Nov 29, 2012
She can't be death. Death doesn't carry papers its his left hand!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (136 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16620 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

timlsteele wrote:
She can't be death. Death doesn't carry papers its his left hand!

Really? Then how does Death know who to reap without the list?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (130 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Throw away the toy. Go to your local hardware/agriculture store and see if they have any scythes in stock.

I'm guessing the 'black mask' is supposed to be going for the 'faceless' incarnation instead of a skull underneath the hood? Works.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 1, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:
Throw away the toy. Go to your local hardware/agriculture store and see if they have any scythes in stock.

I'm guessing the 'black mask' is supposed to be going for the 'faceless' incarnation instead of a skull underneath the hood? Works.

I don't think it would be a good idea to carry around a real scythe, you could poke an eye out with those things! Besides, a brand new one wouldn't look so well (in my opinion) because I think that Death would carry around an old rusty scythe, it's just scarier. A new one would be clean and polished and just not match up with what I going for. I liked what you said about it being a faceless incarnation, that pretty much sums up the idea that was in my head at the time I was wearing this. I was thinking something along the line "I am faceless, without fear of those around me, seeking blood and death and will bring you to your grave if you so much as get within three feet of me." Sort of like in the video games ahaha when you have the dark characters who just walk around acting really tough and they have the dark outfits and sometimes large shoulder armor (which is something else I'm considering adding to this costume, I think that large should armor gives the image of strength, superiority, dominance, etc and therefor enhances the feelings of dread and fear that I intended to invoke on anyone who might catch me in this costume). Something I hope to do eventually is add a bit of dirt and grunginess to it, because it would definitely make more sense for Death to have a dirty worn out costume than something so clean and ironed as this. This actually brings me back to what you said about the scythe, it does actually look sort of childish. I think that it might be a good idea really to buy a real scythe but just wear out the sharp edges to reduce the risk of hurting someone. I'm very much a pacifist so you could probably imagine how terrible I'd feel if I hurt someone on accident while showing them my costume. The most important thing, to me, is the portrayal of Death's inner sorrow and I believe that the facelessness of the mask really brings it out because when you think about a sorrowful person they usually have their hair over their eyes or just try to hide their face in general because nothing really expresses sorry and gloom better than the hiding of the face. So yeah thank you for your feedback, what else do you think could be added or modified to enhance this costume? Remember I'm looking to show people the sorrow and gloom of Death, and the best ways to do that is with shoulder plates and large armor. I might even add some red eyes to give a scary vibe to it and possibly add a bit of color to some areas. Not too much color though because that can be bad especially when you are trying to make a costume that gives people a sense of fear/dread. I love these kinds of costumes because they make people react more strongly than your generic happy cartoon character costume or when you just try and look like a celebrity (not that Death isn't a celebrity, but he isn't the annoying kind like Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber, etc.) I'd like to add another point as well, sometimes it helps to have large shoes because large feet guarentee that he is not the real death by invoking a slight cartoonish mood to the costume. Yes I know I said that I don't like costumes about silly cartoon characters, but there is nothing wrong with making the costume slightly cartoony. The reason this would be a good idea is because as long as people know you are not for real then you don't have to worry about having officials called on you or having someone come up to attack you. It is a great risk to walk around in threatening attire especially in areas where there will be a lot of kids. When a kid sees the large shoes they will think to themselves "ahaha, it's just someone in a costume pretending to be Death, I am scared but I know it's not real so I will not attempt to call local authorities or have my father attack him." Large shoes are overall a very important mechanic, they ensure the safety of you and the people around you by giving that spark of unrealism to the costume.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (85 Views)
0 Likes