Feb 26, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 28 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9555 posts

Re: Honestly I see xbox winning again in next GEN

Feb 26, 2013
@Mystic_Gon. What does Halo have to do with anything? It's one game that sells to only about 10% of their consumer base. Halo was breaking sales records on the first Xbox yet the system couldn't sell more than 24 million units. It's not even made by the same developer anymore and Halo 4 has been criticized by a lot of loyal fans. Do you think the PS2 could have done great things with only one good exclusive title?

Now if the next Xbox does succeed, it probably won't be as a the core gaming machine that a lot of people are hoping for. It seems to me like I am the only person who has actually researched the specialty of their 1st party studios. Unfortunatly, almost every one is for Kinect or the Xbox Live Arcade.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 28 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Halo has a pretty large base who will most likely buy the next Halo on the next Xbox. In a market where right now 2 out of the 3 new generation consoles are struggling to find an audience it's an added bonus for a company to have a series that sells as much as it does, regardless of who is developing it. It's important because if the new Xbox beats the PS4 out of the gate in the U.S. the media will pick up on it, consumers may latch on to that fact and the PS4 losing the sales race will be a self-fulfilling prophecy. The only thing at stake here is bragging rights and marketshare of a shrinking segment of the industry.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 28 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Sounds like OP wants a controller linked diretly to his FB page.  

The next SONY platform clearly intends on being more social.  Wait and see what everyone has coming out.... then whine about someone not having what you want.

If xbox is better to you... play xbox.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 28 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Mar 3, 2013
READ THIS POST Both systems are similar. I understand different opinions. But remember each system has its own pros and cons. Just get both of them and you will be happy. Playstation is known for graphics and memory and Xbox for gameplay and socialization. Playstation-Hardware
Xbox-Software.
Platinum Trophies: Saints Row: The Third, Assassins Creed II, Sleeping Dogs
What I'm working on: Metro Last Light
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 28 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Yea the hardware in both consoles is gonna be pretty similar this time. Not that it really showed that ps3 had better hardware. It should be pretty close if they launch around the same time. If sony stops screwing around with the stupid move controller and just focuses on making better games i will favor sony and same thing with m$ and kinect. Wishful thinking tho. If it wasn't for madden I would be pc only.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 28 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2487 posts

Mar 4, 2013

DON--REAPER wrote:

Xbox is always updating there xboxs and adding new things the XMB screen and always changing it. They also have more things that you can do to your account like create and avatar and customize it. They release new content every single day to there uses that they can use. Being able to change your name and not having to restart everything just because you want a new name. he ability to cross game chat and being able to send voice messages make communication so much easier. And don't let me forget the major thing, that you have to pay $60 to play xbox every year. Like if you can't afford $60 dollars a year you shouldn't even own a xbox you should be hunting for a new job.

PS3 on the other hand, kept the XMB screen since it came out. Can on type a 20 letter bio on your profile. You have to pick from pre determined avatar pictures that when they do add more its like once every 6 months. When you want to change your name you have to restart everything like trophies, game saves, online rank, and so much more. Having to create a text chat on psn then typing a message while you in an online game got me killed so many time, but when I get on XBOX I don't have to worry about that. Yes ps3 is free but it lacks the features that the xbox has.

Honestly Sony has a lot to do to even beat what xbox has now, They better pull something out of there **bleep** and do it right to even match all the features that xbox has, Because they clearly lost in this GEN of systems

PS. Im not trying to be on XBOX's side on this because I own both systems and play both of them everyday. Im just trying to state what xbox has over ps3 and how even adding what minor things like cross chat and ability to change name with out restarting could make a ps4 even better competitor to the xbox 720.

Are you aware that there's at least 1,000 avatars available for $.50 each that get updated every week? :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 28 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Mar 5, 2013
At first I was entertaining the thought of this happening. (Microsoft giving Sony another run for their money) However, after reading an article where the head suit at Xbox said their platform is for the wealthy developers I would very much appreciate if PS4 sales shat on those of the next Xbox. Take them out of the game for a while so they can have an attitude adjustment.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 28 (76 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32175 posts

Mar 5, 2013

HyperSMB wrote:

Built in Kinect will ruin the next Xbox.   COupled with Japan's hatred of the M$, Sony will have to TRY to lose.

This coming from a former M$ fan.

futurama-kinect.gif

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 28 (71 Views)
0 Likes