Keyblade Wielder
10809 posts

Re: Holy moley... why is this so complicated/confusing?

Dec 24, 2010

ChronoJoe wrote:

WP-DFA wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

Just be patient and actually try to learn to understand how the boards work before throwing a hissy fit.

The boards are all there, they are just called 'spaces now' the spaces menu is on the right hand side, where you can browse between spaces. It's really pretty simple.

Durr what?

If you think it's 'really pretty simple' then you are 'really pretty retarded'

I've stated it before but I'll say it again, the organization and intricacy of even finding the simplest things on this forum (i.e. the boards to post in) are an incredibly strong turn off to new members and most likely would motivate them to go somewhere else before they even make a single post.

Really? I'm retarded for understanding how to use the forum? Interesting.

You didn't need to degenerate into insults so quickly, either (or at all) you could certainly do with growing up. I just think people should take longer before they judge the forums. Whilst I can fully understand how the change of 'boards' to 'spaces' is probably counterintuitive, that aside you can access everything on the boards in the same, or less clicks to what you could before.

It was a lighthearted comment, not a full on personal attack, so chill. And actually no I didn't say you were retarded for understanding how to use it, I said you'd be retarded to think that it's 'really pretty simple'.

---
NOT 'ROUND THESE PARTS ANYMORE... BUT YOU'LL FIND ME HERE ---> http://www.moviefancentral.com/wp-dfa

come on down!
Message 21 of 39 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Dec 24, 2010

It took me less than 5 minutes to grasp the new forum mechanics. I think I could consider that 'pretty simple', no? maybe others had different experiences but personally I found it pretty simple.

Message 22 of 39 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Dec 24, 2010

ChronoJoe wrote:

It took me less than 5 minutes to grasp the new forum mechanics. I think I could consider that 'pretty simple', no? maybe others had different experiences but personally I found it pretty simple.

Congratulations on completely missing the point. It shouldn't take even 5 minutes to figure out how to use forums. It's not a new concept. The forerunner of the Internet, the Usenet, essentially began as a series of bulletin or message boards. We all understand how it works. That's why you can go to just about any forum anywhere in the world, and without even knowing the language, understand how to navigate in less than 5 seconds. Except for the PS Forums of course, since Sony decided to reinvent the wheel and gave us a square instead.

You're not impressing anyone. And you're also not telling the truth. Trying to navigate to sub-forums is now a whole lot more complicated than it used to be, a lot more complicated than it has any right to be. It's almost as if Sony is trying to discourage serious discussions and instead trying to turn this into some fluffy Twitter wannabe.

Message 23 of 39 (69 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Dec 24, 2010

Aeternitas33 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

Congratulations on completely missing the point. It shouldn't take even 5 minutes to figure out how to use forums. It's not a new concept. The forerunner of the Internet, the Usenet, essentially began as a series of bulletin or message boards. We all understand how it works. That's why you can go to just about any forum anywhere in the world, and without even knowing the language, understand how to navigate in less than 5 seconds. Except for the PS Forums of course, since Sony decided to reinvent the wheel and gave us a square instead.

You're not impressing anyone. And you're also not telling the truth. Trying to navigate to sub-forums is now a whole lot more complicated than it used to be, a lot more complicated than it has any right to be. It's almost as if Sony is trying to discourage serious discussions and instead trying to turn this into some fluffy Twitter wannabe.

Every forum with a custom layout will have a learning curve. Microsofts forums don't follow the standards, playfire doesn't (extremely successful social gaming community), there are plenty instances of succesful communities based around forums with irregular layouts. As you yourself bring up, it is a little more akin to layouts of social networking facilities such as twitter, or facebook, but they've seen success, so why not?

Maybe it shouldn't take 5minutes to learn to use the forums, but now I don't have a massive page to scroll down every time I want to access any specific forum located lower than the front page. I'd imagine this'd save me over 5minutes over a short period of time. I also don't know who you think you are to say "you're not telling the truth", yeah because you would know. Why would you even say something like that? I can only imagine it'd be because you struggled with the forum layout and can't fathom how someone would have grasped it so easily whilst you,a man of genius is still struggling. Why would you even say something like that?

One thing I will admit I can't understand is why the name 'boards' has been changed to 'spaces' it comes across as intentionally counterintuitive since the name change serves no benefit, but definitely manages to confuse. If it wasn't for that I believe the forum would be much more accessible for first time users, as the function of everything else is rather obvious.

Message 24 of 39 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Dec 24, 2010

ChronoJoe wrote:

Maybe it shouldn't take 5minutes to learn to use the forums, but now I don't have a massive page to scroll down every time I want to access any specific forum located lower than the front page. I'd imagine this'd save me over 5minutes over a short period of time. I also don't know who you think you are to say "you're not telling the truth", yeah because you would know. Why would you even say something like that? I can only imagine it'd be because you struggled with the forum layout and can't fathom how someone would have grasped it so easily whilst you,a man of genius is still struggling. Why would you even say something like that?

Because it's true? With the previous layout, you could take in all of the sub-forums in a glance. It was simple to use and saved time. With this new layout, you have a tiny window, and have to click red arrows backwards and forwards just to look at a sub-forum and then go back up to the level you were on previously if you happened to choose the wrong one. It's confusing and it wastes time. The previous forums were intuitive, these are not. With the previous forums it was easy to spot any changes to the boards. With these new forums, any new changes would be hidden. Do I really need to continue?

These new forums are a confused mess. The vast majority of the people here are in consenus on that. And the fact that you're a lone voice crying in the wilderness doesn't make *you* a genius - it just makes you confused as well.

Message 25 of 39 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1567 posts

Dec 24, 2010

I peersonally think its a complete mess. I'm not even going to bother gooing into what pointless changes they made for the worse. Its just not very user friendly, theyve over complicated things. Finding anything is too hard and makes it an ordeal just to read and reply to posts. I cant even figure out how to cut and paste any more. I'm not even sure what forum I'm replying 2. Ovrall it would be far less hassel not to bother.

Message 26 of 39 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Dec 24, 2010

Aeternitas33 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

These new forums are a confused mess. The vast majority of the people here are in consenus on that. And the fact that you're a lone voice crying in the wilderness doesn't make *you* a genius - it just makes you confused as well.

Didn't state, or suggest it did. You slip up too often to have a coherant discussion with without becoming irritating as I continiously have to reiterate and explain.

Although perhaps the reason I'm the 'lone voice crying' is because I wasn't a frequent user, prior? I mean I can understand many of you have gotten accustomed to the past layout... which is why perhaps many of you might be having more problems than someone like myself, I stopped using the last layout because it was slow to load, and didn't load up in the Playstation 3 browser (another benefit of this forum, it loads, mostly correctely in the PS3s in-built browser).

However I know that's not entirely the case, as the forum feedback threads are populated too, with the occasional post of 'I've had no problems' and so on. In the end though, people threw a hissy fit about the last forum change, just as large as this one, and you got over it, and now the people who were begging for the forum to be taken back to it's original state last time, now satisfied are begging to have it taken back, to the version they protested so hard not so long ago. Hence I can imagine it's a little difficult for this forums administration to take many of you particularly seriously.

Just curious, have you even contributed your constructive feedback to the official thread?

Message 27 of 39 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Dec 24, 2010

If there was a coherent thought amongst all of your misspellings, incomplete sentences and grammatical errors, I couldn't find it. Feel free to edit your post to make it more logical or at least comprehensible. Otherwise, I'm at the point where I'll simply consider you a troll going forward, and will report you as such if you continue in this manner.

Message 28 of 39 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6519 posts

Dec 24, 2010

just the way it is however i am kinda getting to grips with the forum still a tad confusing but hey at least i can now post problem free

Message 29 of 39 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Dec 24, 2010

Of course, there are a few typos, or errors here and there. It's not like I'm reading over what I type, or this forum has spellcheck constantly active. The observation I made had nothing to do with that nature, you were just particularly slow to grasp anything. It gets tiring.

Either way, I thought I was relatively civil, but you seem to have become offended by something which really, wasn't there. Perhaps due to your own misunderstandings, again, or not. I couldn't care less at this stage. It was a semi-interesting discussion whilst it lasted.

Message 30 of 39 (69 Views)
0 Likes