Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6519 posts

Re: Holy moley... why is this so complicated/confusing?

Dec 24, 2010

well hopefully after new years some bugs are ironed out and the forum can in a sense get some normality to it

Message 31 of 39 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Dec 24, 2010

I did hear that this was only the first phase or something like that, and those who've checked the official feedback thread, they're clearly taking everyone's thoughts into consideration. Honestly I don't really mind how this place is laid out, like it is now, like it was before, or something in between. My only significant concern is that the load times prominant on the forums last build remain reduced.

Not sure if I'm enjoying the way these threads, are threaded either... keeping quotes grouped is interesting but It can also make older posts appear newer... if you're accustomed to more traditional forums. It doesn't much phase me as it's the same way the comments on N4G work, but I can empathized with others being confused after being accustomed to more traditional forum layouts, in that respect.

Message 32 of 39 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2787 posts

Dec 24, 2010

I do like the overall design, but the organization is bleh at best. I would suggest having the list of all the forums on a seperate tab, or where "Recent Content" is, not just a small, overly complicated widget. Also, my edit button is gone, stickies are gone, colored usernames are gone....and oh no....KUDOS are gone!

Alright, enough with half the stuff that is missing, if Sony can make it simpler for us to find forums, and restore half the features, I'll be happy

Sony, please....next time you do this, get beta testers in a sandboxed version of the forum.....that would help.

Message 33 of 39 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6519 posts

Dec 24, 2010

well im fine with the forums as long as i can read and post etc however i do personally feel the new look wasnt needed but each to there own but i hope some suggestions really do get impletemented

just a shame weve lost forumers to this change

Message 34 of 39 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16138 posts

Dec 24, 2010

I have no idea who in their right mind would make something 3-4 times harder than what it was before...

Instead of one click to get to the board that you want to get to you have to click on 3-4 more things to get there... it might sound like nothing but it adds up when everything takes more clicks to do...

Basically getting frustrated with every thing about getting your message out, can't get an answer to your gaming problems. You'd think they'd make it easier for non-tech savvy people, buuuttt... this argument isn't getting anywhere so I'll quit here.

Message 35 of 39 (41 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6740 posts

Dec 24, 2010

Hey guys -

thanks for your feedback - notes are being made and changes will be made. Meanwhile, have you guys tried the "your view" feature from the main page?

You can customise everything about this site making things 100x easier to navigate.

And if you've got any more feedback:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3390741

here's the place to do eeet.

helps us keep track of everythaaaaaang that's been said.

thankya - Trawnza

Message 36 of 39 (41 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Dec 25, 2010

Trawnza wrote:

Hey guys -

thanks for your feedback - notes are being made and changes will be made. Meanwhile, have you guys tried the "your view" feature from the main page?

You can customise everything about this site making things 100x easier to navigate.

And if you've got any more feedback:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3390741

here's the place to do eeet.

helps us keep track of everythaaaaaang that's been said.

thankya - Trawnza

We have seen it. But you know what? It's useless. Bring back the forum tree. It's much better then what we have now.

Message 37 of 39 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Dec 25, 2010

godsgift1888 wrote:

well hopefully after new years some bugs are ironed out and the forum can in a sense get some normality to it

Yeah man heres to hoping=]

Message 38 of 39 (41 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Dec 25, 2010

Wish I could help. I'm lost too. Trying to find friends to race with but I'm over 40 so I think they make it difficult on purpose.

Funny, way back in the day I was the only one who could work my parents microwave.

Do unto others. Do it first. Don't get caught.

Message 39 of 39 (41 Views)
0 Likes