Jan 03 2007
By: C.I.W~ Uncharted Territory 1898 posts

Hollywood Surprised By Xbox Video Marketplace

5 replies 3 views Edited Jan 3, 2007
>> From 1up.com:

The push for HD has come from all corners of media, but actually accessing high-definition content isn't so simple -- the amount of people with HD televisions running standard-definition content is staggering. But Hollywood's initial investment into Microsoft's service has proved a profitable one, as its direction connection to the TV means there's no technical wizardry needed to move a computer-downloaded film onto the TV. Do I really expect my mom to figure out DVD burning? I can't even figure it out.

No official numbers have been released, but sales trackers report movies like Poseidon, which performed poorly during their box office run, are doing well on Xbox Live -- thanks to the availability of a HD version. It's cheaper and more convenient than tracking down a HD-DVD drive and wondering whether you're supposed to buy Blu-ray discs or not.

I believe that services like these are the future for media content more so then tangible media (a.k.a disks).

Message Edited by C.I.W on 01-02-2007 09:31 PM
Message 1 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12687 posts

Re: Hollywood Surprised By Xbox Video Marketplace

Jan 3, 2007
I hope they make it so canadians can download movies and stuff to Stupid canadian laws or whatever is stopping Microsoft from releasing the movies to Canada
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 2 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8950 posts

Jan 3, 2007
I really hope they start putting more movies up, more companies sign up.
PSN:ThePeacemaker02
Message 3 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1558 posts

Jan 3, 2007

chaingangsoldier69 wrote:
I hope they make it so canadians can download movies and stuff to Stupid canadian laws or whatever is stopping Microsoft from releasing the movies to Canada

i know the Canadian video market place is a ghost town lol. and wooo i watch so much hd stuff on my tv i love it. i only watch sports in hd. kinda werid ppl still watching more standard def stuff

Message Edited by KiLlEr99 on 01-02-2007 06:40 PM

Message 4 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6819 posts

Jan 3, 2007
sweet
lol i'm surprised too

Rome Anthem 158 = Freerider Heaven
In my time here, i have learnt that 80% of the stories that are posted on the forums have been reposted from Digg, Reddit, ect..
Message 5 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1898 posts

Jan 3, 2007

KiLlEr99 wrote:

chaingangsoldier69 wrote:

i know the Canadian market video market place is a ghost town lol

damn that sucks. The US market place is pretty large on shows and movies.
Message 6 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes