Naughty Paw
20291 posts

Re: Hey guys...

Apr 19, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Brit-ko, ever tired of using that blunt automatic welcome message? It's so boring and official. This place is often called "The Off-topic" and it's more laidback living room for people, mostly gamers, to talk BS. Welcome Ziyrah, hope you enjoy your stay! 

No, & it isn't blunt it's errrr, what's the word I'm searching for, bloody helI I had it a moment ago, ahh yes that was it....welcoming!

And at leaast I welcome newcomers to the Forums, unlike so many who do not.

BRIT-KO

I think he believes that your welcoming may come off as "robotic" since you apparently do it often, according to ID. Seems like the response doesn't give a lot of emotion and comes off as super-serious. Smiley Wink

Not many people are part of the Welcoming Committee, so they probably don't think to actually welcome every single new person who joins and posts something, not saying that people who aren't in the WC can't do it.

Message 11 of 13 (62 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39998 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Brit-ko, ever tired of using that blunt automatic welcome message? It's so boring and official. This place is often called "The Off-topic" and it's more laidback living room for people, mostly gamers, to talk BS. Welcome Ziyrah, hope you enjoy your stay! 

No, & it isn't blunt it's errrr, what's the word I'm searching for, bloody helI I had it a moment ago, ahh yes that was it....welcoming!

And at leaast I welcome newcomers to the Forums, unlike so many who do not.

BRIT-KO

I think he believes that your welcoming may come off as "robotic" since you apparently do it often, according to ID. Seems like the response doesn't give a lot of emotion and comes off as super-serious. Smiley Wink

Not many people are part of the Welcoming Committee, so they probably don't think to actually welcome every single new person who joins and posts something, not saying that people who aren't in the WC can't do it.

Yea I knew what he was trying to say!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 12 of 13 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Platinum
55190 posts

Apr 23, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

it may be repetetive but so are the threads saying Hi.   By giving the new people the link Brit is making sure they go to the most effective thread to meet people on the PSN Smiley Wink.

As a poster who often does the same thing (answer the same questions the same way) I can tell you that it does get boring at times.   If you haven't noticed mine are a little different each time, I don't have a template anymore Smiley Wink.

Message 13 of 13 (27 Views)
0 Likes