Dec 03 2006
By: GamerSonyGamer~ I Only Post Everything 1059 posts

Hey, 360 owners

15 replies 1 views Edited Dec 3, 2006
I'm getting a 360 fro christmas, and i have some questions. One, where can I find the wireless router made for 360, and how much does it cost? And is on-line free (I heard silver edition or w/e was free)? What are some games you suggest (i was thinking GOW, FarCry, and of course Halo3 Smiley Tongue and GRAW)?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 1 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4800 posts

Re: Hey, 360 owners

Dec 3, 2006
I'm getting it a week before christmas too.

Silver is, but if you want to play the games that you buy (GsOW) you need GOLD.
A year subscription for Gold is $50.

I bought Gears Of War Yesterday. I had a $20 off thing expiering. All i can do is stare at it.
Message 2 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5928 posts

Dec 3, 2006
GRAW is good, Gears is awesome (Play it on Hardcore to get the best effect), Far Cry is okay...though I'd personally go for Quake IV or Rainbow Six instead of it.

Online play is $50 a year (like $3-4 a month really), but with the Sliver version of Live you can still do everything a Gold member can...just not actually play games over Xbox Live.

Oh and if you are a fan of Halo may I suggest looking into Halo Wars being made by Ensemble Studios (the creators of Age of Empires)? 
Message 3 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1059 posts

Dec 3, 2006

HDANNYH wrote:

I bought Gears Of War Yesterday. I had a $20 off thing expiering. All i can do is stare at it.

So on silver you can't play games online? But you can use the browser and stuff?
Message 4 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10631 posts

Dec 3, 2006
I would swap Oblivion out for FarCry.  A lot of people are like "yeah, but I don't like those kind of games."  Well if you haven't played Morrowind before, then you don't know what you're missing.  It's really incredible.
Message 5 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4800 posts

Dec 3, 2006

GamerSonyGamer wrote:

HDANNYH wrote:

So on silver you can't play games online? But you can use the browser and stuff?

Yeah. And you can play these little mini games it think. on silver.
Message 6 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1059 posts

Dec 3, 2006

501st_Legion wrote:
GRAW is good, Gears is awesome (Play it on Hardcore to get the best effect), Far Cry is okay...though I'd personally go for Quake IV or Rainbow Six instead of it.

Online play is $50 a year (like $3-4 a month really), but with the Sliver version of Live you can still do everything a Gold member can...just not actually play games over Xbox Live.

Oh and if you are a fan of Halo may I suggest looking into Halo Wars being made by Ensemble Studios (the creators of Age of Empires)? 

Sick, halowars looks siiiiick! Is 360 backward compatible with xbox games? like halo1-2.
Message 7 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10631 posts

Dec 3, 2006

GamerSonyGamer wrote:

501st_Legion wrote:

Sick, halowars looks siiiiick! Is 360 backward compatible with xbox games? like halo1-2.

Yes, as long as you have the Premium version with the harddrive.
Message 8 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1059 posts

Dec 3, 2006

Spo8 wrote:
I would swap Oblivion out for FarCry.  A lot of people are like "yeah, but I don't like those kind of games."  Well if you haven't played Morrowind before, then you don't know what you're missing.  It's really incredible.

Totally forgot about oblivion! thanks, ill prolly ditch farcry then. M-m-m-ust-t-t play HALO!!!
Message 9 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5928 posts

Dec 3, 2006

GamerSonyGamer wrote:

501st_Legion wrote:

It is partially compatible, 360 uses software emulators to makethe original games run.  That way the 360 is also able to somewhat upscale game resolutions to HD.  I'll tell you now, Halo 2 looks and plays alot nicer on 360.

Here's the full list of compatible games: Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility list

Keep in mind that the list is incomplete, there are several games on the original system that are not emulated yet...but as the past has shown they seem to keep to a quarterly update so there should be one every three months give or take a few weeks.  The next one should be ready by the end of the year.
Message 10 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes