Fender Bender
3059 posts

Re: Help choosing a laptop.

Nov 17, 2006

madhive wrote:
Just get a desktop they are better, if you are to college, nevermind

No reason for a desktop anymore. They're big, noisey, suck up too much electricity, not portable, heat up the room they're in, etc.

An $800 laptop will easily be as powerful as a $500 desktop (if not more in some respects). So whats the point of a desktop anymore?
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 41 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Nov 17, 2006
yea, i'm probably going to go with the 6150 and the 12 cell battery. as long as the laptop doesn't freeze on me while playing media like my current laptop does i'm happy. i'll stick to buying a ps3 in a year or two if i get that gaming urge lol
Message 42 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Nov 17, 2006
that wouldn't work. my whole dorm room is geared towards me having a laptop. i put a cushion on my bed so i could chill on it more while on the laptop, my tv faces away from my desk and towards my bed, i don't have two available outlets tha would be required for the monitor and pc, and i can't take a desktop to class...lol
Message 43 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 17, 2006

jman1288 wrote:
yea, i'm probably going to go with the 6150 and the 12 cell battery. as long as the laptop doesn't freeze on me while playing media like my current laptop does i'm happy. i'll stick to buying a ps3 in a year or two if i get that gaming urge lol

Sounds good. You definitely want that 12 cell battery if you're gonna be using it in classes at all. It will add a little bit of bulk on the back end, but it's worth it to get the extra time it offers. plus if you're sitting at a desk and don't like it, take it out!

The 6150 should be perfect for what you're looking for then. Console gaming has gotten way better than PC gaming anyway
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 44 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes