Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 14 2011
By: GrimtheAgent I Only Post Everything 1312 posts
Accepted Solution

Help Setting Up Shop.

3 replies 21 views Edited Apr 14, 2011

I wanted to start working on my own Let's Play but, all I have is my PS3, an HP pavilion laptop, and no idea what I'm doing (like everything else I do). I just wanted to know what programs and equipment will be needed/nice to have and where I can get them for ok prices.

Help!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 4 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2049 posts

Re: Help Setting Up Shop.

Apr 14, 2011

Buy a HD PVR and some extra cables.

Buy a good mic.

Then download pinnacle studio, vegas, and goldwave.

(Goldwave is free on there site and piratebay has vegas and pinnacle)

Now your all set to make some gameplay videos.

~
Next thing I knew, my entire marine & maruader army was gone to a few banelings.
Message 2 of 4 (21 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1312 posts

Apr 14, 2011

Baker?! Yay!

Will all of this work with Windows 7 and where can I get a good PVR for a reasonable price?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 4 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2049 posts

Apr 17, 2011

Im not sure about Windows 7 because I use XP but, it should work.

Ive seen HD PVR's new in store for $200 and the price on Amazon for a used one usually varies between $130-$160 (goes up and down randomly).

If you arent trying to spend that much on a capture card then you can always invest in one of the Dazzle DVC series. They usually range from $20-50 depending on if there new/used and where your buying it. Its still pretty cheap though. Most Dazzle's come with Pinnacle Studio software so it would save you the trouble of DLing a torrent of it but, the torrent only took me about 2 hours to DL.

The Dazzle DVC's imo arent that bad. I started with a Dazzle DVC 150 I got from Goodwill for $30 and used it for a year and a half before I scrounged the money for my HD PVR 1212. I was never dissapointed with the Dazzle quality, I just upgraded since I finally got a HD monitor and a computer with a HDMI port, lol and the money for the HD PVR of course

EDIT:

I just checked Hauppauge's site on the HD PVR

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html

It does support Windows 7 32 and 64 bit.

They also have guides on how to get your HD PVR hooked up to your PS3 or 360 for people who havent done it before.

~
Next thing I knew, my entire marine & maruader army was gone to a few banelings.
Message 4 of 4 (21 Views)
0 Likes