Reply
Nov 10 2008
By: LieutenantEddy Fender Bender 3004 posts
Offline

Help! Need answer ASAP

12 replies 2 views Edited Nov 10, 2008
Hi!  I accidently microwaved a mug with plastic and metal and my house reeks of plastic (Been an hour and a half since.)
All windows are open, and it still smells.

I can't remember if it's poison, I wanna know if I'll be able to sleep here tonight, thanks!
Message 1 of 13 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/13/2007
Offline
217 posts
 

Re: Help! Need answer ASAP

Nov 10, 2008

GET OUT. Plastic fumes can cause cancers in later life, and occasionally, death shortly after exposure.

 

I'd get to the Emergency Room SOON if I were you. My third Cousin died in a similar situaiton. HURRY 

Photobucket
Message 2 of 13 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/08/2005
Offline
3004 posts
 

Re: Help! Need answer ASAP

Nov 10, 2008
At the moment my house only smells like it faintly...
No headaches or anything
Message 3 of 13 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/17/2005
Offline
2456 posts
 

Re: Help! Need answer ASAP

Nov 10, 2008
You might get an STD from the airbourne plastic fumes. Use protection.
Message 4 of 13 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
Registered: 09/23/2007
Offline
925 posts
 

Re: Help! Need answer ASAP

Nov 10, 2008
you will not get sick. im not even going to start on all the **bleep** i melted in my childhood lol. just air out the house, burn a candle or spray some oust
Message 5 of 13 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/08/2005
Offline
3004 posts
 

Re: Help! Need answer ASAP

Nov 10, 2008

OBESECOW wrote:
You might get an STD from the airbourne plastic fumes. Use protection.

That's not funny, I'm actually scared for my life right now

Message 6 of 13 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 01/04/2008
Offline
2938 posts
 

Re: Help! Need answer ASAP

Nov 10, 2008
keep airing the house and sit outside .burned plastic is bad for your health
Message 7 of 13 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/04/2007
Offline
3369 posts
 

Re: Help! Need answer ASAP

Nov 10, 2008

UptownHunter wrote:

OBESECOW wrote:
You might get an STD from the airbourne plastic fumes. Use protection.

That's not funny, I'm actually scared for my life right now


You should be. It's very serious business.

2-300 eye of judgement, set 1 cards(including the deck I used) for sale. Message if you're interested.
Message 8 of 13 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/24/2008
Offline
1236 posts
 

Re: Help! Need answer ASAP

Nov 10, 2008
i burned alot of stuff and never gotten sick. i dont know about long term affects tho
Message 9 of 13 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 08/06/2005
Offline
14655 posts
 

Re: Help! Need answer ASAP

Nov 10, 2008
I believe Carbon Monoxide is produced when you burn plastic or rubber. Put on some fans, open windows, etc. Air fresheners won't help, they'll just coat the scent which could decieve you, thinking the gas is gone. Close any doors nearest to your kitchen, and fan the crap outta that room.

Message 10 of 13 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes