Aug 09 2012
By: bfear333 I Only Post Everything 1231 posts

Have you had a health issue?

28 replies 163 views Edited Aug 9, 2012

Have you ever gotten a health issue due to games.  or have a health issue which that you would like to share?

I myself have had issues... but id like to tell a story about what i saw one day.  I was near a bar on ps home and this guy was going around and wanted to chat on the mic.   nothing wrong with that..   most ppl dont like to talk to random ppl but no reason to fight about it.  so he asked this person.  after she said no, she couldnt.   he got upset.   which i can see why.  its okey to get upset even tellin her something like... and you calll yourself a gamer or your missing out.   but what he did... was just plain out rude.  he considered to call her a man.  I know ppl dont like ppl who hide there gender... but then he kept bugging her.  later on he said he was trying to find out who the rreal women were.  cuz he hates cross dressers.  Turns out she was deaf!  so thats why she cant talk on a mic and comform her sex.  I only met like 3 deaf people who come out and say it... most keep it to themselfs.  but yeah.  that would be something to deal with as a gamer.  well you can comment on that story as well... but point being she was deaf... and i know people can get hand cramps... or whatever... share your stories

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 1 of 29 (163 Views)
Wastelander
817 posts

Re: Have you had a health issue?

Aug 9, 2012

What does that story have to do with any health issues? Do you think being deaf is a health issue?

Message 2 of 29 (161 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Aug 9, 2012
yes i do.

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 3 of 29 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
817 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Well what does it cause? I'm unaware of any health issues related to being deaf.

Message 4 of 29 (156 Views)
Wastelander
817 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Being deaf alone isn't a health issue. Many people were born deaf and live perfectly healthy lives. They just can't hear.

Message 5 of 29 (153 Views)
Wastelander
817 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2012

But your topic reminded me of a story I watched on.. 1.000 ways to die.

This guy was gaming for 36 hours straight, and got a blood clot in his leg from sitting so long. Then obviously died. The stories on that show are true. So the next time you wanna pull an all nighter gaming, walk around the room every so hours lol..

Message 6 of 29 (149 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Aug 9, 2012
I would say that can be true. being deaf is a condition. some conditions cant kill you and some can be leathal. hearing is a basic health. Thats why they check your ears at the doctor. Being deaf can be a disadvanage and one can get depressed cause of it. and cause the poor women was being attack cause he didnt believe her. I have to say im not even sure im right on this... but i think its a health issue even thought its not an active health issue. a person who is deaf should talk about that with there doctors and for some ppl a hearing device might help. fixing the issue a little.

but one time dude my eye started twitching on this one game cause of the flashing lights. never happen to me before. so i wonder if anyone has had a heart attack or if they play with one arm or something.

Message 7 of 29 (145 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Aug 9, 2012
ps.... i watch that show. and there are many stories like that. even people who get addicted and the debate about volient games link to murders in real life all that stuff. i take plenty of breaks. even sometimes wear my glasses 0.0

Message 8 of 29 (141 Views)
Wastelander
817 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Flashing lights and bright colors can cause a seizure. There's warning signs on games, if your eyes start to hurt while playing the game stop immediately.

Message 9 of 29 (139 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Aug 9, 2012
Yeah i know. I thought i was gonna get an answer like.. yeah my back hurts. all this sitting. Soon imma go to a chiropractor for my back. Its a health issue from gaming..lol.

Message 10 of 29 (136 Views)