Dec 01 2006
By: spacetimecont123 Fender Bender 3951 posts

Have you been seriously addicted to a MUD based MMORPG online games before?

12 replies 7 views Edited Dec 1, 2006
Has anyone else had a serious case of being seriously addicted to online games?
I was addicted to a online roleplaying game called Gemstone III. Now it's called Gemstone IV. (www.play.net/gs4)
It's all text based. It's a MUD based game. (sorry, forgot what that stands for). The game is completely in text though, no graphics. Unfortunately, I don't think I can get addicted to games that have graphics, they just seem too different. I'm going to try WOW though and maybe I'll change my mind.
I was dangerously addicted to this game. I'd play straight for 48 hours straight, not sleeping, only to go to the bathroom and eat. (I ate at my computer). Fortunate for me, Carl's Jr. was across the street from me. So all I had to do is cross the street to get something to eat.
At one point my parents offered me $100 to quit. I refused it. They tried to disconnect me many times. Whenever I was disconnected I broke down in tears and cried uncontrollably. It was pretty sad.
Eventually though, I racked up enough warnings to get banned permanently. And that was it. So far I've tried many many times to play the game again, but they catch me everytime I start a new character. So I gave up.
Since then I've been practicing magic completely bored all day. I have no job. I'm 18 now. I plan to be a pilot.

Message 1 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4843 posts

Re: Have you been seriously addicted to a MUD based MMORPG online games before?

Dec 1, 2006
wow that sounds pretty serious

���Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.��� ~ James Dean
Message 2 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3360 posts

Dec 1, 2006
lol If you get addicted to games easily, wow will kill you. I usually don't play a lot, yet when I started wow I played it every day for 10+ hours the entire summer. I only quit because my GFX broke.
Message 3 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Dec 1, 2006
I was addicted to Killzone and Battlefront online.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 4 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15503 posts

Dec 1, 2006
I was addicted to FTB for a while. Played 8 hours the first night I played online.
Got addicted to COD2 for the 360. Amazing game.
Now I'm addicted to Gears of War. One again. Amazing game.

I'm not as addicted as you seem to be though. And I've never gotten addicted to an MMORPG.

Message Edited by Str8 Jacket on 11-30-2006 10:17 PM
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 5 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4843 posts

Dec 1, 2006
forgot to say ive been addicted once where i was playing counter strike 5+ a day, thats nothing like you though

���Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.��� ~ James Dean
Message 6 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3951 posts

Dec 1, 2006

SF Gamer wrote:
lol If you get addicted to games easily, wow will kill you. I usually don't play a lot, yet when I started wow I played it every day for 10+ hours the entire summer. I only quit because my GFX broke.

Good lord I've heard this from everyone. What's so addicting about it??
Message 7 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
21050 posts

Dec 1, 2006

spacetimecont wrote:

SF Gamer wrote:

I don't think it is. I haven't played it in 3 days.
Message 8 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3360 posts

Dec 1, 2006

spacetimecont wrote:

SF Gamer wrote:

It uses very basic system in which the longer you play, the more you can improve your character. There is no limit to how much you can improve, and it is very time consuming. On PVP servers it also never gets old to go around the world and kill people and attack cities. There is just an infinite things to do in wow, and if you have any interest in an RPG you will end up playing every free minute you have. ( And eventually playing on time that's not really free ) There are constantly updates with new content, it really never gets old. I really wouldn't advise trying it out until you got a long break from school.work...
Message 9 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10767 posts

Dec 1, 2006
Lil over board buddy. Try hitting up some sunlight and the gym.
Message 10 of 13 (7 Views)
0 Likes