Message 21 of 40 (106 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Re: Happy 40K to Me

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

Well, here is post 40,000 from me.  Thought I'd expend it on this shameless/meaningless thread/post with the announcement Smiley Very Happy

40,000 posts of half-witted advice, laughing at others and postings of various gaming news.

That is all.  Carry on -->

pff, 30,000 tops.

you frequent the MGS board, remember? Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

oh yeah, congrats. Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 40 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2146 posts

Feb 24, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

Well, here is post 40,000 from me.  Thought I'd expend it on this shameless/meaningless thread/post with the announcement Smiley Very Happy

40,000 posts of half-witted advice, laughing at others and postings of various gaming news.

Contrats SlashZaku your fingers must be tired. Smiley Happy

So you been a member for 2447 Days now, at 40,000 posts that puts you at 16.3 posts per day, or 1 post every 88.09min.  That's crazy, IF my calculations are correct.

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 23 of 40 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42170 posts

Feb 24, 2013

spyder_21 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

So you been a member for 2447 Days now, at 40,000 posts that puts you at 16.3 posts per day, or 1 post every 88.09min.  That's crazy, IF my calculations are correct.

Math isn't my strong point so lets say you're right Smiley Very Happy

I know it's the 'average' but pre-Jive days, posting was pretty 'smooth'.  10+ posts a day where stuff was easy to find and just a single conversation with someone could go on for those 10+ posts.  Once Jive hit, I was actually locked out from posting for about a month (or two?) before I found out how to get around it and finally found out what the problem was but even then, there were days I didn't post cause there wasn't much traffic here so I couldn't exactly spark up a conversation.  It's been better since the return the Lithium and I expect things to 'smooth' out again with the PS4 announcement (plenty of new news, speculation and discussion).

Message 24 of 40 (81 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31181 posts

Feb 24, 2013
Congrats!!!

Getting there must have been one hell of a grind. Shutting down the Lounge combined with people disappearing makes posting anything meaningful kind of hard these days Smiley Very Happy
Message 25 of 40 (79 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Feb 24, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

spyder_21 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

I know it's the 'average' but pre-Jive days, posting was pretty 'smooth'.  10+ posts a day where stuff was easy to find and just a single conversation with someone could go on for those 10+ posts.  Once Jive hit, I was actually locked out from posting for about a month (or two?) before I found out how to get around it and finally found out what the problem was but even then, there were days I didn't post cause there wasn't much traffic here so I couldn't exactly spark up a conversation.  It's been better since the return the Lithium and I expect things to 'smooth' out again with the PS4 announcement (plenty of new news, speculation and discussion).

i remember the PSU days where you, me and others could create a dozden pages in a thread on the MGS forum in a few hours. Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 40 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42170 posts

Feb 24, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

spyder_21 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

i remember the PSU days where you, me and others could create a dozden pages in a thread on the MGS forum in a few hours. Smiley Very Happy

That was the norm with the entire forum.  You could make a thread and then go get something to drink & eat and come back to a discussion already underway.  During the Jive days, it was rough.  You made a thread and came back a few hours later or worse, a day, and still no reply.

I used to just keep a tab open in 3 parts of the board (Lounge, MGS, M&TV) and just bounce around in a handful of topics discussing stuff and just kept switching through those tabs every few minutes with new replies.

Message 27 of 40 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9623 posts

Feb 24, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

spyder_21 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

That was the norm with the entire forum.  You could make a thread and then go get something to drink & eat and come back to a discussion already underway.  During the Jive days, it was rough.  You made a thread and came back a few hours later or worse, a day, and still no reply.

I used to just keep a tab open in 3 parts of the board (Lounge, MGS, M&TV) and just bounce around in a handful of topics discussing stuff and just kept switching through those tabs every few minutes with new replies.

yeah these forums back in the day used to always be active no matter what time of day or night.  ppl were always talking about something, replying to things, making topics and so on.

even now it still be kinda dead on here.  some threads still take a day or more just to get 1 reply.  Im hoping the PS4 will help bring more life back to these forums.  Although the forums do have more life then they did in the Jive era Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 40 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
10447 posts

Feb 25, 2013

I really miss how active the Fighting General board was. That was the only place I posted in, along with the Forum Support. I'm really surprised that I never won the Poster of the Week, for being that active.

[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[My Power Shall Be Absolute! #Vergil]
Message 29 of 40 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

deadend123 wrote:

I really miss how active the Fighting General board was.

You and me both. I guess it'll pick up steam when Street Fighter V or Marvel vs. Capcom 4 is announced lol.

Message 30 of 40 (54 Views)
0 Likes