13055 posts

Re: Halo3 warthog

Mar 30, 2007

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

Evil v2 wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

Evil v2 wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:
Who cares if it looks like the Halo 2 Warthog? It's still incredibly detailed, regardless of it's similarities to other versions.

Grade the appearance based off of how graphically impressive it looks, not because "oh noes, its teh halo2 warthooooog".

I don't see how they are going to make "mind blowing" graphics out of such a non realistic game...

Explain yourself Smiley Tongue

Gears of War wasn't "realistic" yet is the best looking game on any console right now. Who cares about realism? The technical and graphical capabilities interest people far more.

Yes but they aren't going to throw in tons of bump mapping for Halo 3. The textures may be high res like they are in Gears but nothing I've seen in Halo 2 would allow much to be shown off.

And the Chief has no face

Bungie have already done a rather decent job with Halo 3 judging by the beta screenshots etc. The advertisement trailer could well be achieved in-game. The Xbox 360 would allow that.

As for Master Chief's face, the last I saw/read was that his face was noticeable among the old Halo 3 media. Who knows? His face could be shown in this game.

Either way, Halo 3 won't look anything like Halo 2. Maybe the same sort of environments etc. but graphically? No.

They need some better explosion effects in game along with high resolution texturing otherwise it will be Halo 2 all over again.

And they need to create a more balanced online mode.

Message Edited by Evil v2 on 03-30-2007 10:22 AM

Death is not sad, only life never lived.
~Socrates
Message 31 of 58 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Mar 30, 2007

Evil v2 wrote:

They need some better explosion effects in game along with high resolution texturing otherwise it will be Halo 2 all over again.

Meh with online, to me they need to make a single player campaign that surpasses their original Halo effort. Maybe they should stop relying to much on that 5 mins of fun repeated forumla over and over.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 32 of 58 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13055 posts

Mar 30, 2007

Clinton514 wrote:

Evil v2 wrote:

Meh with online, to me they need to make a single player campaign that surpasses their original Halo effort. Maybe they should stop relying to much on that 5 mins of fun repeated forumla over and over.

And they need some more interesting enemies. The grunts just put a *Smiley Indifferent* look on my face.

Very true.. I don't see much happening for the story though. Nothing new.

~Socrates
Message 33 of 58 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5946 posts

Mar 30, 2007

carbonox_ratchet wrote:
Who cares if it looks like the Halo 2 Warthog? It's still incredibly detailed, regardless of it's similarities to other versions.

Grade the appearance based off of how graphically impressive it looks, not because "oh noes, its teh halo2 warthooooog".

Because Halo 3 looks EXACTLY like Halo 2...OH! LOOK AT THE SHINY NEW GRAPHICS! Who cares, I want something that stands out like Halo 1 and 2 did. Not exactly the same thing. I'm not impressed with Halo 3 whatsoever. No new features, wow, couple of new guns and vehicles! GG bungie

Message Edited by default001 on 03-30-2007 09:54 AM
deep, titanic, make the dance panic, one-a-penny, two-a-penny, vibe you can't manage

My Hiscores | infrared Gaming Community
Message 34 of 58 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Mar 30, 2007

default001 wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

Because Halo 3 looks EXACTLY like Halo 2...OH! LOOK AT THE SHINY NEW GRAPHICS! Who cares, I want something that stands out like Halo 1 and 2 did. Not exactly the same thing. I'm not impressed with Halo 3 whatsoever. No new features, wow, couple of new guns and vehicles! GG bungie

I don't know the alpha shots look alot better then that;

Message 35 of 58 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5946 posts

Mar 30, 2007

Exclusive4Me wrote:

default001 wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

The only thing I'm seeing there is new graphics and a new gun that isn't new because it's from Halo 1. I see one new vehicle that you probably won't even be able to drive and the rest is the new story line.
deep, titanic, make the dance panic, one-a-penny, two-a-penny, vibe you can't manage

My Hiscores | infrared Gaming Community
Message 36 of 58 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Mar 30, 2007

default001 wrote:

Exclusive4Me wrote:

default001 wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

The only thing I'm seeing there is new graphics and a new gun that isn't new because it's from Halo 1. I see one new vehicle that you probably won't even be able to drive and the rest is the new story line.

If you been on the bungie **bleep** they has shown new weapons and new vehicale, I mean they are going to release it all the games info 9 months before release. come on think a little.
Message 37 of 58 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Mar 30, 2007
Kinda like how Halo 2 was supposed to look like this:

http://images.slashdot.org/articles/05/02/halo2grenade.jpg

I'll save final judgement for later but realistically I don't expect the game to look much like what was presented.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 38 of 58 (1 View)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Mar 30, 2007

default001 wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

I was only referring to the graphical appearance in which Halo 3 doesn't look like Halo 2.

Everything else though, I won't comment on because the last time I checked, YOU haven't played the final game.

Either way, it's ignorant to pass the game off as some Halo 2 v.2 when you have yet to play it.

Early impressions can be important but I always reserve judgment.
Message 39 of 58 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13055 posts

Mar 30, 2007

Exclusive4Me wrote:

Doesn't look amazingly better to me.  Especially the ground textures.

~Socrates
Message 40 of 58 (1 View)
0 Likes