Last Guardian
13055 posts

Re: Halo3 warthog

Mar 30, 2007

carbonox_ratchet wrote:
Who cares if it looks like the Halo 2 Warthog? It's still incredibly detailed, regardless of it's similarities to other versions.

Grade the appearance based off of how graphically impressive it looks, not because "oh noes, its teh halo2 warthooooog".

I don't see how they are going to make "mind blowing" graphics out of such a non realistic game...

Explain yourself Smiley Tongue

Death is not sad, only life never lived.
~Socrates
Message 21 of 58 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Mar 30, 2007

Evil v2 wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:
Who cares if it looks like the Halo 2 Warthog? It's still incredibly detailed, regardless of it's similarities to other versions.

Grade the appearance based off of how graphically impressive it looks, not because "oh noes, its teh halo2 warthooooog".

I don't see how they are going to make "mind blowing" graphics out of such a non realistic game...

Gears of War wasn't "realistic" yet is the best looking game on any console right now. Who cares about realism? The technical and graphical capabilities interest people far more.
Message 22 of 58 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13055 posts

Mar 30, 2007

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

Evil v2 wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

Gears of War wasn't "realistic" yet is the best looking game on any console right now. Who cares about realism? The technical and graphical capabilities interest people far more.

Yes but they aren't going to throw in tons of bump mapping for Halo 3. The textures may be high res like they are in Gears but nothing I've seen in Halo 2 would allow much to be shown off.

And the Chief has no face

Death is not sad, only life never lived.
~Socrates
Message 23 of 58 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Mar 30, 2007

Evil v2 wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

Evil v2 wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

Yes but they aren't going to throw in tons of bump mapping for Halo 3. The textures may be high res like they are in Gears but nothing I've seen in Halo 2 would allow much to be shown off.

And the Chief has no face

Bungie have already done a rather decent job with Halo 3 judging by the beta screenshots etc. The advertisement trailer could well be achieved in-game. The Xbox 360 would allow that.

As for Master Chief's face, the last I saw/read was that his face was noticeable among the old Halo 3 media. Who knows? His face could be shown in this game.

Either way, Halo 3 won't look anything like Halo 2. Maybe the same sort of environments etc. but graphically? No.
Message 24 of 58 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7677 posts

Mar 30, 2007
i like it
Photobucket
Message 25 of 58 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12093 posts

Mar 30, 2007
I don't see a huge improvement.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Message 26 of 58 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13671 posts

Mar 30, 2007
thats looks like halo2 but the tires are nicer

Message 27 of 58 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2759 posts

Mar 30, 2007
I think it looks slightly improved, i can see some level of bump mapping. But this is the only game that the 360 has going for it.
Message 28 of 58 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Mar 30, 2007

Sythin wrote:
I think it looks slightly improved, i can see some level of bump mapping. But this is the only game that the 360 has going for it.

Take it you haven't played an Xbox 360 then?
Message 29 of 58 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2759 posts

Mar 30, 2007

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

Sythin wrote:

Take it you haven't played an Xbox 360 then?

I've played several games for it and havent been very impressed. Like I thought Lost Planet wasn't great at all. It seemed so repetative.
Message 30 of 58 (0 Views)
0 Likes