Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Re: Hackers spotted in BF4 ALREADY!

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

Yeah I just have a feeling that KZ SF will have hackers I hope i'm wrong though.. I just hate that how people have to hack to think their the best.. I've honestly never even hacked a game like that at all and I am pretty decent.. Well FPS I kinda suck at but maybe console based shooters I might be pretty good not to sure.. I just hope they put a 3rd party block coz I will report ANYONE who I see lag hacking or any type of hack and I will write their screen name down and post it on YouTube

I hope you can tell the difference between lag and someone intentionally trying to hack the game, because I'd personally hate to see/get someone banned that's only crime was having a bad connection or maybe playing in a server that is outside where they live. In other words maybe they are East Coast playing with a friend on West Coast during a weekend when there are storms (flooding, snow/ice, wind storms, etc...) going on between them.

Do give people the benefit of the doubt before you post their gamertags, and make sure they are in fact hacking.

My advice if you feel there is an abundance of people hacking or lag switching would be to get a group of friends together that like to play your game of choice and get together nightly or weekly for games.

Message 41 of 62 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Oct 7, 2013

@UnrealButcherYeah I hear ya.. It will be hard to tell if they are hacking or not.. Even if I do report them or someone else reports the person for hacking they'll not be banned or only for a day which I think if they hack they should have their console banned and their gamertag banned for life.. No second chances..

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 42 of 62 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Heres the problem we face as online gamers. We can never stop all the hacks. Yes there is software to help on tons of this stuff that can be used. Such as Punkbuster and others. Problem is even if they use software and hardware to stop hacking. The hacker can get a simple or build a simple lag switch. somethat is off the network completely but with a push of the button they lag the server and have there free will in the game.

Message 43 of 62 (403 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Pc gameplay or not this is what was happening to me on Friday with the BF4 beta on PS3.

Hit from across the map with what seems like a shotgun, (one hit kill, only makes a single noise), but it is always done with an assault rifle!!!

Most of the time there is objects inbetween us so even if he was aiming at me he should have hit the object not me!!!!

This and have you ever seen a game where textures pop in, have you ever seen a game where the bad guys pop in and out, thats BF4 beta for me.

I may give it another go and this time I will record and come back here and post some video, pc gameplay or not this is my experience with Bf4 beta.

Or does anyone actually think the video shows the way the game is suppossed to work.

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Message 44 of 62 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2125 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Hacking during a BETA? How sad are some PC gamers? If only the gallows were still legal...

Message 45 of 62 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2375 posts

Oct 7, 2013
Even if punkbuster were enabled it would still happen. Hackers have been doing this on PC for years now. The only thing that can be done is ban their accounts each and every time they make one. If it truly annoys you switch servers, like everyone that is smart does.

Now when it comes regarding consoles, this isn't as prevalent. However, you can still report the hackers if you do spot one. And even then, you should switch from the server so you are not an accomplice by giving them points and kills.
Message 46 of 62 (378 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Oct 7, 2013

@TheJLCBut not many servers on the PS versions though that's the only downside lol

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 47 of 62 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 7, 2013

I dont expect zero hacking in any game, what I do expect is something to be done when it comes to banning those that do hack and trying to cut back on it as much as possible

Message 48 of 62 (369 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

Edit: Youtube link to "Battlefield 4 Beta Hacker Alert @EA_DICE @EA_Battlefield @Battlefiel..." removed for profanity

U--J

That is one of my points and why sony bans me for speaking the truth. Now imagine paying for online and this happens which I am sure it will. For sony never has dealt with the hackers, modders or what ever else name you care to label. So now you see why I say sony should keep the ps4 online for free.

Yeah its cool to have servers but not if there is going to always be a hacker ruining a great game with friends!

Except this is PC footage. So your crying is all for nothing!

Toxic, maybe not but you know its going to happen. It always does.. Sony never has done anything to deal with any coders, glitchers, modder etc... IN any console.

Fact

Message 49 of 62 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

Edit: Youtube link to "Battlefield 4 Beta Hacker Alert @EA_DICE @EA_Battlefield @Battlefiel..." removed for profanity

U--J

That is one of my points and why sony bans me for speaking the truth. Now imagine paying for online and this happens which I am sure it will. For sony never has dealt with the hackers, modders or what ever else name you care to label. So now you see why I say sony should keep the ps4 online for free.

Yeah its cool to have servers but not if there is going to always be a hacker ruining a great game with friends!

Except this is PC footage. So your crying is all for nothing!

Toxic, maybe not but you know its going to happen. It always does.. Sony never has done anything to deal with any coders, glitchers, modder etc... IN any console.

Fact

Sony crackced down on Console hacking and permma banned those who were doing so. The online in game hackers are not a rampent problem like on PC. The chances of running into one in game online is slim and when you do its easy to just swap to a different lobby and you can still report them as well. 

Your fact is not fact b/c you have no way of proving it, as well as much of the things you post as fact but are just opinion. You have no way of knowing what will be done for the PS4 system as far as online hackers go and your not even getting PS + so online hackers should not even be a concern to you so why do you even care? Or are you just complaining again just for the sake of complaining?

Sony takes console hacking very seriously and we can expect he same crack down on the PS4 as we saw with the PS3

Message 50 of 62 (349 Views)
0 Likes