ExMimic wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:
Hackers???

Pshhh..

>start
>quit game

Problem solved.

Thats like saying never driving your car stops drunk drivers.

If omeone appears to be driving drunk, then I will alert the police, keep my distance, or drive a different way. 

If someone appears to be hacking, I will report them, and pick a different server. 

Also, this is PC gameplay. Easier to hack than the PS3.

Tell me your solution for when you are going through an intersection and a drunk driver runs the red light and T Bones your car lol. Not every drunk driver out there can easily be spotted as a drunk driver, only point I'm trying to make.

Being that its the Beta this will have glitch's in it but this is beyond a normal glitch as well. But being on PC and not the PS3 does not shock me. PC games will awalys be hacked, one reason why I'm staying with console gaming.

Message 31 of 62 (1,081 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Re: Hackers spotted in BF4 ALREADY!

Oct 7, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Even if... IF this were PS3... With all the inherent glitches in a BETA, I really fail to see how one could accurately identify a hacker, and, even so, who the hell cares?

It does matter b/c there is no difference if its a PC hacker or  a console hacker it is all bad for the gaming industry as a whole. 

Message 32 of 62 (1,081 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Oct 7, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

I'm sure majority of the games you've played already, a hacker has already went in and did whatever they pleased.

Some game developers enjoy hackers, to even modders. Actually, a hacker could even benefit a game developer. Allowing them to see the loop holes in their developing, so they can later try to correc them.

I'm finding it hard to see your point.

Glitches fine. I can see them wanting to fix these, since anyone can use and stumble upon them.

Hacking, "No".

Hacking is intentional, and if no one is hacking, then there is nothing to fix. So why would a developer want someone to hack their game, it's wasted developer dollars used in having to find ways to combat them.

There might be those developer/network coders that enjoy the challenge, but I'm going to guess that they aren't paying the bills.

I'm sure most Publishers and Developers would rather put their money into things that will earn them money, instead of combating "hackers". Again glitches is another matter.

Message 33 of 62 (1,075 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5704 posts

Oct 7, 2013

I'm finding it hard to see your point.

Glitches fine. I can see them wanting to fix these, since anyone can use and stumble upon them.

Hacking, "No".

Hacking is intentional, and if no one is hacking, then there is nothing to fix. So why would a developer want someone to hack their game, it's wasted developer dollars used in having to find ways to combat them.

There might be those developer/network coders that enjoy the challenge, but I'm going to guess that they aren't paying the bills.

I'm sure most Publishers and Developers would rather put their money into things that will earn them money, instead of combating "hackers". Again glitches is another matter.

That's why with the COD franchise you don't see them cracking down on the hackers.. If this is going to be on PS4 Sony better do something about this because if I do see a hacker on a YouTube video I will NOT be purchasing THAT game.. I am spending $60 on a game NOT to be ruined by a hacker.. That's a lot of money honestly for a game and then to get ruined by dumb n00bs who can't play for real skills..

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 34 of 62 (1,072 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Games are meant to be played the way the devloper devloped them, not for a hacker to come along and change the rules and the way the game is played. PC modding and hacking are different. Modding can be helpful and innovative but hacking is just wrong. I did not buy a game to have it hacked to death b/c we all buy these FPS games for the online play more so then the single player.

Message 35 of 62 (1,068 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Oct 7, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

That's why with the COD franchise you don't see them cracking down on the hackers.. If this is going to be on PS4 Sony better do something about this because if I do see a hacker on a YouTube video I will NOT be purchasing THAT game.. I am spending $60 on a game NOT to be ruined by a hacker.. That's a lot of money honestly for a game and then to get ruined by dumb n00bs who can't play for real skills..

I'm not certain how many times the same point can be made, but no developer could ever guarantee absolutely zero hackers - hackers... hack.  It's what they do.  They find ways around systems.

Console gaming, of course, is less rampant of a hacking landscape than PC is, but, it is still there, and will probably always be there in some way. 

If you want a gaming environment 100% guaranteed to be without hacking, then only play offline single player games.  No one can make any guarantee where hacking is concerned.  i wish that were not true, but, it is.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 36 of 62 (1,067 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9178 posts

Oct 7, 2013

84182183.jpg

Gta auto seems ok so far I guess. I wont buy this game also. I know who is doing this hacking. My intel leads me to believe this man is behind this..lol..He said if he cant win against the world let me be the best at vid games..lol. He has his best hackers working on vid games in this boiler room. He is mad !!!!

Message 37 of 62 (1,066 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5704 posts

Oct 7, 2013

I'm not certain how many times the same point can be made, but no developer could ever guarantee absolutely zero hackers - hackers... hack.  It's what they do.  They find ways around systems.

Console gaming, of course, is less rampant of a hacking landscape than PC is, but, it is still there, and will probably always be there in some way. 

If you want a gaming environment 100% guaranteed to be without hacking, then only play offline single player games.  No one can make any guarantee where hacking is concerned.  i wish that were not true, but, it is.

Actually it is their game and they can do something about it.. It's called 3rd party blocks or dedicated servers and punk buster if the game supported that! Plus they do have undetected hacks

Message 38 of 62 (1,061 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Oct 7, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

Actually it is their game and they can do something about it.. It's called 3rd party blocks or dedicated servers and punk buster if the game supported that! Plus they do have undetected hacks

I'm not saying nothing more can be done about it - I'm simply saying that expecting a 100% hacker-free guarantee is unrealistic.  I agree that stricter measures need to be in place, as well as stricter scrutiny by players as to what actually constitutes hacking, versus glitching or latency.

Earlier in the thread, I posed the question of, "who cares?"  I, as much as anyone else, want a fun experience.  However, using BF3 as the example, I haven't seen anything that I would say is modding or hacking in that game on the PS3.  I would postulate that the majority of CoD hacking complaints are simply players being trounced by higher skilled players, while experiencing latency.

There are many facets to this issue.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 39 of 62 (1,057 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5704 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Yeah I just have a feeling that KZ SF will have hackers I hope i'm wrong though.. I just hate that how people have to hack to think their the best.. I've honestly never even hacked a game like that at all and I am pretty decent.. Well FPS I kinda suck at but maybe console based shooters I might be pretty good not to sure.. I just hope they put a 3rd party block coz I will report ANYONE who I see lag hacking or any type of hack and I will write their screen name down and post it on YouTube

Message 40 of 62 (1,052 Views)
0 Likes