Fender Bender
3436 posts

Re: Hackers spotted in BF4 ALREADY!

Oct 6, 2013

Anyone that uses a Jailbroke console can cheat in any online game and there is nothing that Sony or the devs online can do about it,have already sen them online also in GTAV online as well,they can't be banned for life as they are just using a spoofed console id and can change it at anytime,and when they are doing this they aren't using their main PSN ID,theyhave multiple additional accounts to play with and don't care if those get banned or not,they ban one they just use another and get right back on,they can't be stopped anymore on current gen systems.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 11 of 62 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Oct 6, 2013
Is this a possible benefit of having to pay for ps+ next gen? People will be less likely to to have multiple throw-away accounts since their is a cost to it?
Message 12 of 62 (223 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12591 posts

Oct 6, 2013
I think you got a point here
>

Message 13 of 62 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Oct 6, 2013

jimjamss- wrote:
Is this a possible benefit of having to pay for ps+ next gen? People will be less likely to to have multiple throw-away accounts since their is a cost to it?

No, because it only takes on account with PS+ for all accounts to go online.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 14 of 62 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9554 posts

Oct 6, 2013
Hackers???

Pshhh..

>start
>quit game

Problem solved.
Message 15 of 62 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Oct 6, 2013

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:
Hackers???

Pshhh..

>start
>quit game

Problem solved.

Thats like saying never driving your car stops drunk drivers.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 16 of 62 (198 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5838 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:
Hackers???

Pshhh..

>start
>quit game

Problem solved.

Thats like saying never driving your car stops drunk drivers.

If omeone appears to be driving drunk, then I will alert the police, keep my distance, or drive a different way. 

If someone appears to be hacking, I will report them, and pick a different server. 

Also, this is PC gameplay. Easier to hack than the PS3.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 17 of 62 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5234 posts

Oct 7, 2013

kythunder wrote:

Anyone that uses a Jailbroke console can cheat in any online game and there is nothing that Sony or the devs online can do about it,have already sen them online also in GTAV online as well,they can't be banned for life as they are just using a spoofed console id and can change it at anytime,and when they are doing this they aren't using their main PSN ID,theyhave multiple additional accounts to play with and don't care if those get banned or not,they ban one they just use another and get right back on,they can't be stopped anymore on current gen systems.

What about having to pay for multiplayer on the PS4, that should curb the cheating some as they will have something to lose. 

Message 18 of 62 (182 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5838 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2013

Ikit-Klaw wrote:

kythunder wrote:

What about having to pay for multiplayer on the PS4, that should curb the cheating some as they will have something to lose. 

You only need PS+ on one account in order for the other account to have access to multiplayer. As long as they don't act up on their primary, they keep making accounts and accessing online.  Sony should have better enforcement now that multiplayer is paywalled

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 19 of 62 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2013

XBox.com used to have a forum dedicated to banned accounts. It was very entertaining to watch people complain about being banned, saying they didn't do anything. People used to troll these posts laughing at them, because they knew the Mods that ruled those forums had access to their accounts and would come in and slam the OP with what they did. The Mods eventually told everyone that they couldn't post in the threads, but it was still fun to watch the lies the OP's had to say.

Hopefully Sony will be able to do "account linked" bans >> "console" bans >> "IP" bans. Do that and people might not want to do it as often with having to pay. I also liked that MS set people's achievements to Zero and put cheater on their accounts for game saving (or whatever it's called).

Best solution if there are cheaters, is to get a dedicated group together for doing private games if the game will allow you to progress on any leveling of weapons, equipment and vehicles and such. That's what I'd do. 

Message 20 of 62 (174 Views)
0 Likes