Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Dec 11, 2012
Not sure if the B's would get another Winter Classic. It did really good when it was at Fenway Park. But, Fenway being old, that has to be taken a lot on the field. They could do it at Gillette. I would love to see Boston vs Montreal, in Winter Classic but we may never have hockey again.
Message 31 of 832 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 11, 2012

I would love to see a B's / New York game in NY.

With the B's wining of course.  Rangers BT Dubbs, no one cares about the Islanders. Smiley Tongue

Moble

Message 32 of 832 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Dec 11, 2012
Funny how the Rangers thought they were going to win the cup and LA won it. I was happy for LA. After we got knocked out haha. Yeah, why aren't the Islanders good no more lol. They are like the KC Royals. Lol
Message 33 of 832 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 11, 2012

rramsdell wrote:
Funny how the Rangers thought they were going to win the cup and LA won it. I was happy for LA. After we got knocked out haha. Yeah, why aren't the Islanders good no more lol. They are like the KC Royals. Lol

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed when it was the Rangers and the Devils in the Eastern Conference Finals.  It was another case of no matter who won, that region would have someone they would claim as their favorite.

I would rather of seen the Flyers go for it again.  I might of even cheered for them.  Honestly though, I could not bring myself to watch the EC Finals or the SC Finals.  I had no interest in seeing any of those team win.  They all come from "Big" markets, where the Fairweathers come out in droves once the Cup comes out.

Check out a regular season Devils, Rangers, or Kings game. There is no one there watching it.  Sad, truly sad.

Moble

Message 34 of 832 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Dec 11, 2012
Yep, I was cheering for the flyers to. Because, I don't like the penguins and remember all the fights. Penguins, didn't stand a chance. Believe me, we were all hoping for another Boston, Philly series but Thomas, went on strike haha.

This lockout makes no sense. Because, they were at their prime this years during the playoffs. What the hell is the problem! Get it done!
Message 35 of 832 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 11, 2012

rramsdell wrote:
Yep, I was cheering for the flyers to. Because, I don't like the penguins and remember all the fights. Penguins, didn't stand a chance. Believe me, we were all hoping for another Boston, Philly series but Thomas, went on strike haha.

This lockout makes no sense. Because, they were at their prime this years during the playoffs. What the hell is the problem! Get it done!

I was more than a little disappointed in their play last year.  I don't believe in a Cup hangover, especially how they played the season fairly well.  The Wings consistently bring it, and have won back to back cups.  It could have been multiple times, but don't get me started on the Penguins again.

Losing to the Capitals, in the manner they did, was inexcusable.  It was like the loss to the Hurricanes, not expected, and due in large part to an absence of hustle.

The B's drive me crazy in this way. Sometimes they seem like they are in cruise control, and just expect teams to roll over for them.

The Wings did not impress me in the playoffs last year either.  The predators?  Come on!

I guess this is the worst pat of this lock out.  The sour tastes of last year are still in my mouth, and I don't have any new Hockey to wash them away.

Funny how:

1994 Rangers Win - Lockout

2004 Lightning Win - Lockout

2012 Kings Win - Lockout

In the years following a Team, whose previous history was not so good, wins the cup; there is a substantial, or complete stoppage of play.  After that, the teams sink back into the basement. 

Nice to know you Kings. Smiley Tongue

Moble

Message 36 of 832 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Dec 11, 2012
Yep, I was very happy they won. 1st in their franchise history.

If you ask me, I think Thomas, let that goal in on purpose haha. He was like, I'm outta here. Packed up and moved and left us hanging haha. He knew about the lockout was coming.
Message 37 of 832 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 12, 2012

rramsdell wrote:
Yep, I was very happy they won. 1st in their franchise history.

If you ask me, I think Thomas, let that goal in on purpose haha. He was like, I'm outta here. Packed up and moved and left us hanging haha. He knew about the lockout was coming.

I was indifferent to the win for the Kings.  I only thought of how everyone out there was going to run out and buy a jersey, just so they could say they are a fan.

The Fakers don't even fill the Staples Center during their regular season games.  People only show up for the playoffs.  

Don't even get me started about their stupid lighting situation.  The audience is kept in low light, while the court is lit up, like the stage of a great theater or something.  OH PLEASE.  They don't do that for the Clippers.

I can always understand the appearance of fareweather fans when the team is struggling, but up to this point, the Lakers have been good, and worthy of showing up to watch.

That's my thoughts at least.  LA is just too fake.

Moble

Message 38 of 832 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55402 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Well they are starting talks up again today................................I'm praying!

Message 39 of 832 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 12, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Well they are starting talks up again today................................I'm praying!

I really don't want to see another cancelled season.  Despite the cheapness of a truncated season, it is definitely better than none.

Let's hope the millionaires decide to agree with the other millionaires, so us working folk can enjoy some Hockey.

Moble

Message 40 of 832 (245 Views)
0 Likes