Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 24, 2013
Nice. I got a puck once at Bruins training camp.

Almost game time.
Message 281 of 832 (73 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 24, 2013
WOW CHARA 33. **bleep**!
Message 282 of 832 (69 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 24, 2013
YEAH BOY ^ BACK TO BACK WINS FOR THE BRUINS!

SEE you Tuesday!
Message 283 of 832 (66 Views)
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
56227 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 25, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
WOW CHARA 33. **bleep**!

Its funny watching the big guy do a spin move on attack...even better when he scores after!

 

Message 284 of 832 (59 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 25, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

rramsdell wrote:
WOW CHARA 33. **bleep**!

Its funny watching the big guy do a spin move on attack...even better when he scores after!

 


All it needs is the $6 Million Man sound.Smiley LOL

 

A guy that size looks like he is in slow mo, even when he isn't.  The Florida Defensemen on that one should hang up his skates.Smiley Very Happy

 

Moble

Message 285 of 832 (56 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 25, 2013
Funny how people boo him in every rink.

I never booed him when he played for sens. So sad, people boo for no reason.

Message 286 of 832 (53 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 25, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
Funny how people boo him in every rink.

I never booed him when he played for sens. So sad, people boo for no reason.


Yeah, I still don't get that.  I did not follow him that much when he was on Ottawa.  Did not even know he was drafted by Mibury for the Islanders, until he got here.

 

I really don't get the booing.  He gets it more in the Canadian Cities as well.  Perhaps there was an incident I am not yet aware of.

 

Maybe they are mad as a Nation that he left a Canadian team for more money in the States.  Still, it is not like he IS Canadian.

 

I am going to look this one up.  I really want to know now.

 

Moble

Message 287 of 832 (51 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 25, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

rramsdell wrote:
Funny how people boo him in every rink.

I never booed him when he played for sens. So sad, people boo for no reason.


Yeah, I still don't get that.  I did not follow him that much when he was on Ottawa.  Did not even know he was drafted by Mibury for the Islanders, until he got here.

 

I really don't get the booing.  He gets it more in the Canadian Cities as well.  Perhaps there was an incident I am not yet aware of.

 

Maybe they are mad as a Nation that he left a Canadian team for more money in the States.  Still, it is not like he IS Canadian.

 

I am going to look this one up.  I really want to know now.

 

Moble


I got nothing!

 

Reasons given:

 

He is good, fans trying to get him off his game. (When has this ever worked?)

 

His size is intimidating, and viewed as unfair.

 

His stick size was the reason for stick length changes in the league, of whic he still needs to apply for acception at the beginning of every Hockey Season.

 

He is Dirty?  I don't see that one, and never really have.  Pachorietti hit, and that is it.  he was booed well before that though.

 

Honestly, I think Bergeron should be the Captain of this team.  The only reason why Big Z got it, is because the ownership though the highest player on the team should have some kind of recognition.  As well, at the time, they had just shipped Thornton out of town (Thank God).  Chara was the only notable name on the team at the time.

 

Who were they going to give it to, PJ Stock?  Not likely.  I still hold that Z is the Shak of the NHL.  If it were not for his size, he would not get the recognition he does.  Taking up more of the ice with size, is not a skill.  Just look how he defends a break.

 

He glides backwards with his wings expanded.  So many forwards who are agile, slink around him and score as a result.  Granted, when he males contact, it is devastating.

 

 

Mediocre in my book.  I will take the size and the Slapper, but other than that, Big Z does not impress me as much as he does others.

 

Just my opinion of course.

 

Moble

Message 288 of 832 (50 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 25, 2013
Yep, doesn't make sesne to me. Because, its very rare he fights too.

He should fight a lot more. People will hate.
Message 289 of 832 (46 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 25, 2013
The only time I will boo a player because he doesn't perform. And,

I will never boo him/her, just because of who he is or what uniform he is wearing.

Except: Matt Cooke, will give him the finger, certainl boos. Certainly players who have ended players careers with dirty hits. That's the time to boo.

Message 290 of 832 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes