Reply
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 22, 2013

Another thing that burns me up....

 

You had the money to buy one, or someone gave you, a ticket to attend the game, any game.  PUT AWAY THE PHONE.

 

I blame social media for this.  Watch the game, stop texting and talking on the phone.  Turn the phone off, that's what I do.  So many people want to be able to post to their Facebook, or "TweeT' F'n hate that expression.  Who F'n cares, cause I don't.  

 

Instant status updates for anyone is DUMB.  I hate social media, expect for the PSN Forum, of course.Smiley Happy

 

I hate the term "Gone Viral", "Viral Video", "Viral ANYTHING".  It makes my sphincter cringe when I hear it and makes me want to punch someone in the throat!

 

WHoooooo, vent over.  Sorry for that.

 

Bottom line, the NESN cameras were panning the crowd last night for Bruins fans, and there was this idiot, head down, texting or whatever.  HEY BUDDY, WATCH THE GAME!  That is why you were their, was it not?  How many hits did you get after you posted some witty Tweet?  A Hole!

 

Whooooooo, no, seriously, rant over now.Smiley LOL

 

Moble

Message 271 of 832 (98 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 22, 2013
No problem....I love how people will leave early. Win or lose, need to support all the way through.

Remember that bear commerical, fan leaving early. That was a top commerical the bear was waiting for him the lobby, while he coming down the escalator. Classic commerical.


I don't see the point being on the phone either. I understand some might need it for emergencys but you know half the time they talking to friends, that's why they wave. What do they except to happen hahaha.
Message 272 of 832 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 22, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
No problem....I love how people will leave early. Win or lose, need to support all the way through.

Remember that bear commerical, fan leaving early. That was a top commerical the bear was waiting for him the lobby, while he coming down the escalator. Classic commerical.


I don't see the point being on the phone either. I understand some might need it for emergencys but you know half the time they talking to friends, that's why they wave. What do they except to happen hahaha.

That's hilarious.  Any time my father took us to a BAseball game, whether it be AAA, AA, or MAjor Leagues, we always had to leave at the Seventh Inning Stretch.

 

I was appreciative for my father taking us to the game, but he always used the beat the traffic excuse.  The first full game I ever saw was on my own.  Know how I "Beat the Traffic"?  I stayed even later, until the traffic was gone.

 

I never leave an event early.  I always have to be kicked out.  I even stay till the end of movie credits.  I refuse to miss out on any surprise post credit scenes.Smiley Happy

 

Moble

Message 273 of 832 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 22, 2013
Yep yep. I went to a double AA game last year. It was kinda of fun, it was RED SOX vs Yankees affilation.

My friend got the tickets, very cheap. We had general admission but we left early to. One, it was so hot that, two, we left at 7th inning as well.

I don't care too much for minor leagues teams. But it being the Red Sox AA, was kinda cool. Only one of those guys will make it. Kinda sad.


Pro, I will never leave a game early to beat the traffic. I've sat in some major traffic and didn't mind it. Especially when the team wins. Its all good.

Message 274 of 832 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 22, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
Yep yep. I went to a double AA game last year. It was kinda of fun, it was RED SOX vs Yankees affilation.

My friend got the tickets, very cheap. We had general admission but we left early to. One, it was so hot that, two, we left at 7th inning as well.

I don't care too much for minor leagues teams. But it being the Red Sox AA, was kinda cool. Only one of those guys will make it. Kinda sad.


Pro, I will never leave a game early to beat the traffic. I've sat in some major traffic and didn't mind it. Especially when the team wins. Its all good.


I love going to the Sea Dogs up in Portland, but I have never been to a Paw Sox Game, or Spinners.  Went to a lot of Syracuse Chiefs (Blue Jays Affiliate at the time, not sure now), and Buffalo Bisons (Pirates back then) games as a kid living in both Syracuse and Buffalo for a time.

 

You never quite know who the players are, unless a couple of years later you see them in the majors.  Then you can say, hey, I remember that guy!

 

Oh, and I have attended many Fisher Cats games (Blue Jays AA) in Manch Vegas.  Those are fun.  Fireworks after almost every game, and you can get tickets right on the wall for $18.00.  Tickets up top are like $6.  Makes for a fun night.  Beer is a hell of a lot cheaper there than Fenway, and they give you more as well.Smiley Happy

 

I never leave anything early though.  I figure I will get my full dollar's worth of anything I pay for.

 

Moble

Message 275 of 832 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 22, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

rramsdell wrote:
Yep yep. I went to a double AA game last year. It was kinda of fun, it was RED SOX vs Yankees affilation.

My friend got the tickets, very cheap. We had general admission but we left early to. One, it was so hot that, two, we left at 7th inning as well.

I don't care too much for minor leagues teams. But it being the Red Sox AA, was kinda cool. Only one of those guys will make it. Kinda sad.


Pro, I will never leave a game early to beat the traffic. I've sat in some major traffic and didn't mind it. Especially when the team wins. Its all good.


I love going to the Sea Dogs up in Portland, but I have never been to a Paw Sox Game, or Spinners.  Went to a lot of Syracuse Chiefs (Blue Jays Affiliate at the time, not sure now), and Buffalo Bisons (Pirates back then) games as a kid living in both Syracuse and Buffalo for a time.

 

You never quite know who the players are, unless a couple of years later you see them in the majors.  Then you can say, hey, I remember that guy!

 

Oh, and I have attended many Fisher Cats games (Blue Jays AA) in Manch Vegas.  Those are fun.  Fireworks after almost every game, and you can get tickets right on the wall for $18.00.  Tickets up top are like $6.  Makes for a fun night.  Beer is a hell of a lot cheaper there than Fenway, and they give you more as well.Smiley Happy

 

I never leave anything early though.  I figure I will get my full dollar's worth of anything I pay for.

 

Moble


Yep, its a very nice stadium.  People are very friendly there.  We went during the summer time.  It was SO HOT.  A cool drink couldn't do that JOB.  I have a friend who lives 10 minutes away from that stadium (CHANNEL 9 WMUR).  They lost that game too.   

 

I don't like Manchester Monarchs.  Affilation with the LA KINGS.  I don't agree why they are on the other side of the country.  

 

I know it's good for business.  But still LOL  

Message 276 of 832 (78 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 01/03/2011
Offline
789 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

To add to a previous rant ...

 

I was at a Bruins game at TD Garden earlier this month, and I couldn't believe the number of jackwagons that never even looked up from their phones. Its like they were in a world of their own, completely isolated from the thousands of other people in the building.

*W*T*F* is wrong with these people?

Game tickets aren't cheap, neither is anything associated with a night at the game.

So .... why do they bother coming? I just don't get it.

If they're that deeply addicted to their gadgets, for the love of all mankind GET SOME THERAPY!!!!!! Theres got to be a 12 step program for these "people".

 

I despise social media, and all of the mindless sheeple that engage in it. I was so turned off by the Sony presentations glorification of the wonders of the PS4s social media capabilities that as of right now, I wouldnt go near a PS4 if it launched at $200.

 

/endrant

Message 277 of 832 (77 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

Yep, amazing to some people can't put the **bleep** thing down for 2hrs.

Who are they texing...

I despise social media too. I can't it now on new TV shows that comes out. Complete bs if you ask me.

Id rather watch the show! If sports ever went that way. It would be really hard for me to watch.

NESN, has it during the bruins intermission. So, not too bad. But, ever they ever start the ticker or the social media. I'm gone for good!

Message 278 of 832 (68 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 24, 2013
BRUINS vs Panthers today! Yay!
Message 279 of 832 (46 Views)
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
55453 posts
 

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Feb 24, 2013

Yup one more hour.

 

My cousin and I were at a game and the guy next to us was on his phone, the puck landed at his feet, my cousin got it Smiley Happy

 

 

Message 280 of 832 (38 Views)
Reply
0 Likes