Highlighted
Dec 08 2012
By: moblesuit75 PlayStation MVP 4421 posts

HOCKEY GENERAL - Behold, the PLAYOFFS!!!

[ Edited ]
831 replies 780 views Edited May 1, 2013

So lets here it!  Since there will probably be no season this year, lets here all about your passion for the game.  To make it official for game related purposes I will start with games.

What is Your favorite Hockey game?  (i.e.. Title / Year / on what system - YOU BETTER SAY SONY, JK any / Developer)

What is(are) your favorite Hockey Team(s)?  (If more than one, head to head, who would you root for?)

Do you own any jersies, how many, what teams, what variations, or what colors?

Least Favorite Team currently?

Least Favorite Team of all time?

Who is your, Current, Favorite Player?

Who is your favorite Player of all time?  (Condition, must be someone you watched, no Gordie Howe if you are 12)

Least Favorite Player currently?

Least Favorite Player of all time?

Dark Jersey at Home or Away?  (Which way did or do you prefer?)

Keep shoot out the hell out of the Playoffs and Finals?

Have stiffer penalties for fighting?

Bring back the Redline / Two Line Pass?

Just a few question. Smiley Wink  If you have a cool story, share it as well.  Whether it was at a game, or watching.  Nothing about getting into brawls, that is kind of boring, and typical.

Have fun.

Moble

Message 1 of 832 (780 Views)
Wastelander
576 posts

Re: HOCKEY GENERAL

Dec 8, 2012

What is Your favorite Hockey game? (i.e.. Title / Year / on what system - YOU BETTER SAY SONY, JK any / Developer)

EA NHL series from the beginning, back on Super Nintendo, PlayStation, PS2 and PS3

What is(are) your favorite Hockey Team(s)? (If more than one, head to head, who would you root for?)

Vancouver Canucks are my #1 team.

The second coming of the Winnipeg Jets are my #2 because they are the closest team to me geographically.

two jerseys The early 90s Canucks skate jersey(white) with Bure on the back. The other is an early 2000s with the orca (white)

Chicago Blackhawks

Detroit Red Wings

Jordan Eberle

Who is your favorite Player of all time? (Condition, must be someone you watched, no Gordie Howe if you are 12)

Pavel Bure

Sean Avery mainly for his **bleep** antics on and off the ice.

Matt Cooke

Dark Jersey at Home or Away? (Which way did or do you prefer?)

Home

I love the possibility of a game going six overtimes. Shootouts are fine for the regular season, but keep them the hell out of the playoffs. 

5 minutes is sufficient, unless you a situation where the game is lost for one team and they having staged fights. The NHL doesn't

have that issue.

I prefer no red line.

Message 2 of 832 (766 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

So lets here it!  Since there will probably be no season this year, lets here all about your passion for the game.  To make it official for game related purposes I will start with games.

What is Your favorite Hockey game?  (i.e.. Title / Year / on what system - YOU BETTER SAY SONY, JK any / Developer) NHL 97 PS2 with John Vanbiesbrouck, on the cover.  I could score from my own blue line. 

What is(are) your favorite Hockey Team(s)?  (If more than one, head to head, who would you root for?)

BOSTON BRUINS and any other team that beats the Canadiens. 

I currently own one BOSTON BRUINS jersey, Home jersey, RAY BOURQUE, white, black, gold.  I also own a bunch of bruins sweaters. 

Pittsburgh Penguins

Montreal Canadiens

Shawn Thornton

Who is your favorite Player of all time?  (Condition, must be someone you watched, no Gordie Howe if you are 12) I have two, Ray Bourque and Cam Neely

Matt Cooke

Matt Cooke

Away

Keep the shoot out of the Playoffs and Final

No, it's part of the game and it will always be part of the game

NO and get rid of icing 

Just a few question. Smiley Wink  If you have a cool story, share it as well.  Whether it was at a game, or watching.  Nothing about getting into brawls, that is kind of boring, and typical.

My Story, 

While attending the BOSTON BRUINS, training camp one year, in Wilmington, Mass. At the Restuccia Exposition Center, in my 20's at the time.   I met Ray Bourque, after practice, as he stepped off the ice  and came over to us and started signing autographs, and he even asked for my sharpie.  Never really been one on one with a famous athlete before.  Bourque, didn't didn't even change either before signing autographs, he was still in his pads and sweating from workout.  Talk about classs.  When I was 13, I did meet Bobby Orr and a few others.  At the time, I didn't really know who Bobby Orr was, because I was too young but I have his autograph. 

I used to go to a lot of bruins games back then and I could always make my way down by their locker room.  I've been in their locker room.  We used to stand by the curtains and watch them walk by.  Very exciting.  But, can't do that no more, especially at the Garden.   

Have fun.

Moble

Message 3 of 832 (752 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7246 posts

Dec 8, 2012

Since Im a **bleep** shouldnt this go HERE?

energy
Message 4 of 832 (738 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Dec 9, 2012

bm2919 wrote:

Since Im a **bleep** shouldnt this go HERE?

I suppose it could.  Honestly, I didn't see that one Smiley Embarassed.  It can be moved, if people want.  I don't mind.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Moble

Message 5 of 832 (714 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

What is Your favorite Hockey game?  (i.e.. Title / Year / on what system - YOU BETTER SAY SONY, JK any / Developer)

EA NHL 98 for the PS1.  Other than that, it would have been NHL from EA on the Genesis.  NHL was the original back in 1993.  The Canadiens were made the best team on there, just because they won that year.

NHL 98 though, was the first version to integrate 3-D replays and 3-D angles in game play.  Oh, and the Red Wings had just won, so they were the best team on itSmiley Wink.That and the Intro ROCKED!

The Red Wings First, The Bruins a very close second.  Head to head in regular season it would be the Wings.  In a Stanley Cup Final, I would root for the B's, just because they haven't won as many.  Either way, I would be happy with the result.Smiley Happy

Do you own any jerseys, how many, what teams, what variations, or what colors?

I have the following:

Red Wings (White & Red) Blank from 1994

Phoenix Coyotes ("White") Inaugural Jersey 1996.  The one with the collar and Picasso Coyote on it.  Three reasons on this one; I thought they had a legitimate chance to take the cup within a few years of their move, I liked how the new jerseys looked, and I was glad Smiley LOL to see Winnipeg lose their franchise Smiley Tongue. 

Boston Bruins (Away White - After the Change) Sergei Samsonov Jersey.  I followed Sergei when he was on the Detroit Vipers, IHL.

Boston Bruins (Black Home) from 2010

Pittsburgh Penguins

Pittsburgh Penguins (Colorado Avalanche as well, but of course they SUCK now, so Tee Hee.)

Pavel Datsyuk.  He is Awesome!

Who is your favorite Player of all time?  (Condition, must be someone you watched, no Gordie Howe if you are 12)

Cameron Michael Neely

Matt Cooke

Claude Lemieux (and Mario, He's a **bleep**!)

AWAY.  I liked it better that way.  I felt the psychological edge was given  to the underdog away team, when they got to wear the darker jerseys.

Obviously, by how I phrased the question, ALL SHOULD KNOW.  Keep it out of the playoffs.

No.  It is part of the game, whether people want to realize that or not.  It is part of what makes the game great.  Although it should not be, and I don't believe it is, the main highlight of the game, I still believe it has a place.

Without the possibility of getting into a fight, I think cheap shots would increase, and snot little **bleep** like Alexandre Burrows.

Although it was believed to "slow down" the game, I actually liked the Red Line / Two line pass.  It forced teams to have tighter passing, and reduced the effectiveness of the faster skaters.

Even though the left wing lock, chiefly responsible for the rule change, was hard to overcome, it forced teams to work harder.

I have so many, it would be hard to pick one.  I did mention being at the Red Wings / Avalanche game when Osgood and Roy got into it.  Although, I would say I may have one or two more exciting stories.  

It is too bad the digital camera and camera phone were not in wide use earlier, otherwise I would have a ton of pics of me with the cup and a number of Red Wings.  Oh well; Good Times.

Have fun.

Moble

Message 6 of 832 (712 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2012

Matt Cooke, shouldn't even been playing anymore.  He ended someone's career, with a dirty hit.  As you can see, he didn't even want to fight Mr. Thornton, because Cooke, didn't even take his helmet off.  After that fight, Cooke, started to change his game a little bit.  But, still a dirty player and have no respect at all for this guy.  You don't end someone's career!  

Message 7 of 832 (706 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Dec 10, 2012

rramsdell wrote:

Matt Cooke, shouldn't even been playing anymore.  He ended someone's career, with a dirty hit.  As you can see, he didn't even want to fight Mr. Thornton, because Cooke, didn't even take his helmet off.  After that fight, Cooke, started to change his game a little bit.  But, still a dirty player and have no respect at all for this guy.  You don't end someone's career!  

The refs definitely stepped into that one too early.

Shawn Thornton ROCKS!  Fabulous addition, and continues to be a valuable part of the team.  It is not that he is a great all around player, but he is one of the few "enforcer" types, who can beat you with his play, as well as his fists.

Way better than that other Thornton guy the Bruins once employed.  Seriously, I never like Joe Thornton, and felt he was only the Captain, because there was no one else on the team who could legitimately claim it.

Don't even get me started on Chara.  Patrice Bergeron should be the Captain of the B's.

Moble

Message 8 of 832 (685 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Dec 10, 2012

The reason why I like Shawn Thornton, because he has the ethics, when it comes to fighting in the NHL.  He's won two Stanley Cups and yes he is the enforcer on our team, but he won't cheap shot anybody, frighter vs fighter.   He should be wearing the C, because he will go down every night, if he has to.  A lot of people in the NHL, have respect for this guy! 

The Cooke incident:  Basically was telling him, don't mess around with our stars players Marc Savard.  And, if he wants to play dirty like that, he's got problems.  Really though, any member of the bruins, will gladly throw down with anybody, if need be it.  Even the coaches at times, hehe.   

Message 9 of 832 (681 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Dec 10, 2012

As far as Cooke and the Penguins are concerned, it has always been the same.  Lemieux cries about Crosby getting hit, and the need to stop all the cheap shots in the league, yet he employs one of the dirtiest players in the NHL.  Lemieux should take anyway.  He always dodged confrontation, and hid behind the Ulf Samuelssons of his team.  Hey Mario, how about Samuelsson's career ending hit on Neely.  Any comments?  Mario?  Mario, you there Mario?  Didn't think so.

I don't care if Cooke changed his ways after he got married, or even if he found God.  Marc Savard will most likely never play again, and it is because of Cooke.  He should give a little bit of his game check to any player he has effectively removed from the game, due to his crap play.

I don't care if the player is on my team or not.  If they are dirty, then they should be gone.  When Chara put the hit on Pacioretty, I certainly did not agree with it.  I believe he should have received some suspension for it.  As for the Canadiens' fans calling the police, that is absurd.

Avery was on the Wings for a short time, and in that time I did not like them having him on the ice.  I was happy to see them get rid of him.  As far as Bertuzzi, he had his moments.  Whether it be a changing of his ways, or his age, he has straightened out.  Although his actions against Steve Moore, were dispicable.  Bertuzzi, at least, received a suspension.  I am still waiting for any action by the league against Cooke.

Good, "clean" enforcers is what the league needs.  Shawn Thornton is a shining example of how and when to use aggression to enforce a point.  I would even take Scott Hartnell on my team.  These players know when and where to use it.  Hockey does not need to become less violent, just smarter about where it happens and to what degree.  Get rid of the stupid players, not the aggressive play.

Just my opinions.

Moble

Message 10 of 832 (690 Views)
0 Likes