Jan 02 2007
By: edgar92~ Fender Bender 4353 posts

HELP!

7 replies 2 views Edited Jan 2, 2007
Well, I want to open up my PS2 the old one not the little skinny one but I can't find away to open it without breaking it because where you put in the controls it gets in my way of opening it. Have any of you guys opened your PS2 and how? Also, if you have pics can I see them? Thanks to all that help me.
Message 1 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1419 posts

Re: HELP!

Jan 2, 2007
un screw it with a screw driver.
Starwars battle front 3 announced?
Message 2 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4353 posts

Jan 2, 2007

Nsider wrote:
un screw it with a screw driver.

I did that I took out the screws but I can't take off the cover.
Message 3 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3488 posts

Jan 2, 2007
why would you want to do that ,to see what it looks like so you can merge the parts to ps2 slim to create a super console,someone tryed to do that and failed,he didn't even did any real work to it,he know he was getting a ps3 anyway
Message 4 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
33534 posts

Jan 2, 2007
Turn it upside down.  Remove all the screws.  Remove the little rubber feet.  There are additional screws under there.  You have to lever it off, I think toward the back.  Be VERY careful removing it, and even more careful putting it back together.  There is a little wire thing on one side that can get pinched very easily.

While you have it open, vacuum all the dust out with the brush attachment.  Then carefully remove the cover for the DVD drive.  Get some Q-tips and rubbing alcohol.  Clean all the surfaces that could contact a game disk.  If it had trouble reading disks, use a new clean Q-tip to clean the laser head.  Then replace the cover for the DVD drive.
Message 5 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3954 posts

Jan 2, 2007
Depending on what model you have, a void seal may be preventing you from openning it. As soon as you remove the seal (Its just a sticker) it will say void all over it. It took me about ten minutes to realise it was holding it together.
Message 6 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2645 posts

Jan 2, 2007
o k first flip it over so that u see the bottom of it,next see those liltle square plastic things
its like 6-8 of them,get a flat head screw driver and pop them out(they should come right off),
next once u do that they reveal screws,unscrew the screws then slowly lift the bottom top off
and their u go

note:smileytongue:ut all the screws in the right place
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"50 told me go 'head switch the style up
And if they hate then let 'em hate
And watch the money pile up, the good life"
Message 7 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4353 posts

Jan 2, 2007

DrGadget wrote:
Turn it upside down.  Remove all the screws.  Remove the little rubber feet.  There are additional screws under there.  You have to lever it off, I think toward the back.  Be VERY careful removing it, and even more careful putting it back together.  There is a little wire thing on one side that can get pinched very easily.

While you have it open, vacuum all the dust out with the brush attachment.  Then carefully remove the cover for the DVD drive.  Get some Q-tips and rubbing alcohol.  Clean all the surfaces that could contact a game disk.  If it had trouble reading disks, use a new clean Q-tip to clean the laser head.  Then replace the cover for the DVD drive.

Thanks thats exactly what I wanted to do it scratched my NBA really bad and then the next day it was making a noise but yeah I want to clean it.
Message 8 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes