Treasure Hunter
5988 posts

Re: HELP!... I'VE JUST BEEN ROBBED..!

Jan 22, 2011

Make sure you change your PSN password via web ASAP.

Also contact sony to get your console deactivated from your PSN account.

Games PS1 (100+), PS2 (140+), PS3 (100+), PSP (34+)
My PS3 Website - http://sites.google.com/site/etempestps3/
Message 11 of 21 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
913 posts

Jan 22, 2011

Thanks, I'll go ahead and fix that now, but why do you say that?

Message 12 of 21 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1920 posts

Jan 22, 2011

drill all your neighbours with questions about if they saw anything. do it before they forget.

soccermom_62
Message 13 of 21 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 22, 2011

Get your Portable ID!

Man. I feel for you. I hope everything turns out ok!

Message 14 of 21 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2464 posts

Jan 22, 2011

soccermom_62 wrote:

drill all your neighbours with questions about if they saw anything. do it before they forget.

soccermom_62

this is what I would do go around asking people if they saw/heard anything around the time this happend you never know you may uncover something good luck and I'm sorry to hear what happend to you.

Message 15 of 21 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Jan 23, 2011

I got robbed not too long ago. They stole my new ASUS laptop and my girlfriends Toshiba laptop. They also stole my 40" Sony Bravia, xbox 360, new hoodie, and some other random stuff. I can tell you two things: 1: get renters insurance, 2: the cops don't give a shit about your stuff. I had nothing but trouble with the cops. They took forever to get the report right, they labled me as hispanic and not hispanic..i mean honestly..how can I be both? They didn't put the report in my name. They did not collect any evidence even though it was heavily available.

My friend who is majoring in criminal justice found fingerprints and there was a very well defined  foot print on the chair they climbed down on through the window. There was a hair pick outside by the window that was broken in. There was broken shards of window glass around back (prolly fell from their clothes) so they more than likely went through there. The person that called in the robbery, was blind, so he did not see anything. Another person also called it in during the robbery...Still the cops get there late as shit. They were in there for a while because they stole alot. We didn't even get an investigator.

It was a complete joke to the cops. The serial numbers more than likely wont help much. They more than likely wont go to a pawnshop because they need ID and it is a bit risky. Its more likely that it will be sold on craigslist or ebay...or simply kept or sold on the streets.

Get renters insurance. For me it wouldnt have even costed that much, I made the mistake in not getting it either. Now I have it through State Farm and its like 20 bucks a month ofr $5000 or so in coverage. I don't imagine it would be too much of a drastic difference for you. Check into it...try to get a low deductable so you don't have to lose most of the money to the insurance company.

Message 16 of 21 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Jan 23, 2011

Sorry man if i was rich i would buy you a PS3 but im 14 Why do people steal i got my phone stolen a week ago, this world sucks

http://funky-fever.tumblr.com/
Message 17 of 21 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Jan 23, 2011

Yes; you'll want to change your PSN password. Be sure to write down your new PS3's serial number and MAC address. Keep that info secure.

Message 18 of 21 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
913 posts

Jan 23, 2011

Thank you all for the great advice.. Luckily i have a job that pays well so I have another playstation.. The biggest dissapointment besides the money lost is the fact that I had about 75% of final fantasy 13 done with epic ratings, and was really looking forward to seeing how the game ends.. I picked it up at the store earlier, and for a second got exited to see my stats on the playstation only to realize it was showing me the trophies earned and not the saved data..

Those idiots who stole it even stole the stradegy guide to the game.. I hate them so much right now...lol. Another thing was that I had so many pieces of media on there that were personal and entertaining.. Granted the one they stole was an 80gig.. it still held a lot of valuables in there.. From pics and videos from the past two years of me & my girl on all of the trips we go on... To pics of my family that live out of state/country that i saved on the ps3 to make as a slideshow on the tv when im homesick.. To tons and tons of music.. To documentaries that i study for my career & school.. To movies and more movies.. I use torrents so i used to watch all the movies that were in theaters on the playstation in high def..lol. When the ps3 was stolen i had to go back to using vuze on the laptop..

Luckily though i now have the slim 500gig so i have the space.. It's just going to take a lot of time and effort.. But some of the vacation pictures with my girl and i were only on the ps3.. They don't even need it.. It soo pisses me off just thinking about it.. Which reminds me... We had some of the best conversations with each other through the playstation network mail that was saved on there.. She has a ps3 and is on my friends list, so we would pm each other all the time, and all those saved messages are now in the hands of some random thief.. OK.. I'm done venting..lol. Thanks guys.. It means a lot to me that I got some support on this.. Cuz dude is right.. The cops couldn't give a flying Fu** if my ish was found or not...

Message 19 of 21 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
14 posts

Jan 23, 2011

hovito89 wrote:

Thank you all for the great advice.. Luckily i have a job that pays well so I have another playstation.. The biggest dissapointment besides the money lost is the fact that I had about 75% of final fantasy 13 done with epic ratings, and was really looking forward to seeing how the game ends.. I picked it up at the store earlier, and for a second got exited to see my stats on the playstation only to realize it was showing me the trophies earned and not the saved data..

Those idiots who stole it even stole the stradegy guide to the game.. I hate them so much right now...lol. Another thing was that I had so many pieces of media on there that were personal and entertaining.. Granted the one they stole was an 80gig.. it still held a lot of valuables in there.. From pics and videos from the past two years of me & my girl on all of the trips we go on... To pics of my family that live out of state/country that i saved on the ps3 to make as a slideshow on the tv when im homesick.. To tons and tons of music.. To documentaries that i study for my career & school.. To movies and more movies.. I use torrents so i used to watch all the movies that were in theaters on the playstation in high def..lol. When the ps3 was stolen i had to go back to using vuze on the laptop..

Luckily though i now have the slim 500gig so i have the space.. It's just going to take a lot of time and effort.. But some of the vacation pictures with my girl and i were only on the ps3.. They don't even need it.. It soo pisses me off just thinking about it.. Which reminds me... We had some of the best conversations with each other through the playstation network mail that was saved on there.. She has a ps3 and is on my friends list, so we would pm each other all the time, and all those saved messages are now in the hands of some random thief.. OK.. I'm done venting..lol. Thanks guys.. It means a lot to me that I got some support on this.. Cuz dude is right.. The cops couldn't give a flying Fu** if my ish was found or not...

Help me understand this, You're upset because someone stole from you?

Correct me if I am wrong, but were you not doing the same? (your own post quoted) Torrents??

Hmm....

Message 20 of 21 (19 Views)