Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Re: HANDS ON: Lair for PS3--underwhelming with a terrible framerate...

Jan 11, 2007

501st_Legion wrote:

-Zaku- wrote:

501st_Legion wrote:
Is it a repeat of Gundam Crossfire and the framerate associated with that?  Or simply put, it isn't finished yet?

Only time will tell.

Well Lair from prior showings seemed to play fine with no problems whatsoever.  Gundam was always touted as having some control issues or framerate issues from public outtings. (poor Gundam Smiley Sad  Wish they would make a full blown Sim, MMO, or an RTS already)

You might be right at home with Mobile Ops The One Year War for the 360 then. 

Battlefield/Battlefront styled gameplay (you can go on foot, in a tank, APC, aircraft, and Mobile Suits) lots of weapons, lots of missions, an actual single player than involves different styles of combat including espionage and assault and more.  Covers Mobile Suits from the 0079, 08th MS Team, 0080, and 0083 eras.

Also from reports of a guy I know who actually went to the Toyko Game Show and played it...the controls are tight, few flaws.  The only thing that needed fixing is that the explosions aren't much and the framerate chugs a little bit.

Still need my damn 360 back from MS

And I don't know, Mobile Ops isn't exactly what I had in mind (not for what I'm looking for in particular).  I thought it was supposed to come out with 360's Fall Lineup anyways :?

I'll be sure to keep an eye on Mobile Ops though (so hard to pass up when it includes 08th Team and 0083).  If they can nail down the larger and more well known battles, then I'm all for it.

Message 31 of 39 (5 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31106 posts

Jan 11, 2007
right, for a game that isnt out yet im not all into the dragons and midevil stuff, but im looking forward to playing this game.
Message 32 of 39 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5928 posts

Jan 11, 2007

-Zaku- wrote:

501st_Legion wrote:

-Zaku- wrote:

501st_Legion wrote:
Is it a repeat of Gundam Crossfire and the framerate associated with that?  Or simply put, it isn't finished yet?

Only time will tell.

Well Lair from prior showings seemed to play fine with no problems whatsoever.  Gundam was always touted as having some control issues or framerate issues from public outtings. (poor Gundam Smiley Sad  Wish they would make a full blown Sim, MMO, or an RTS already)

Battlefield/Battlefront styled gameplay (you can go on foot, in a tank, APC, aircraft, and Mobile Suits) lots of weapons, lots of missions, an actual single player than involves different styles of combat including espionage and assault and more.  Covers Mobile Suits from the 0079, 08th MS Team, 0080, and 0083 eras.

Also from reports of a guy I know who actually went to the Toyko Game Show and played it...the controls are tight, few flaws.  The only thing that needed fixing is that the explosions aren't much and the framerate chugs a little bit.

And I don't know, Mobile Ops isn't exactly what I had in mind (not for what I'm looking for in particular).  I thought it was supposed to come out with 360's Fall Lineup anyways :?

I'll be sure to keep an eye on Mobile Ops though (so hard to pass up when it includes 08th Team and 0083).  If they can nail down the larger and more well known battles, then I'm all for it.

Well I only know the one mission he got to play at TGS, it was a single player mission.  He had 3 RX-79G Gundams in a jungle, and for recon he was ordered to exit the machine and proceed ahead on foot in stealth. 

He told me of the awe he felt as a squad of MS-06J Zakus marched by him as he hid in the brush...and this game actually uses rumble for the gameplay.  You'll certainly feel every footstep of the gargantuans. 
Anyway, he got inside, knifed a Zeon soldier and got some intel, then stole a Zaku and high tailed it outta there.  Got back in his MS and started cleaning house while one of his teamates used a 180mm Cannon for artillery support and the other used a 280mm Bazooka for anti-armor.

Message 33 of 39 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1898 posts

Jan 11, 2007

Clinton514 wrote:

C.I.W wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

C.I.W wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:
1. Kotaku
2. As Sly stated - unfinished game
3. C.I.W. attempting to slander Sony in any way he can

It's all good though.

Message Edited by Clinton514 on 01-10-2007 01:46 PM

What can i say works a little slow today.

Rahah. To tell you the truth my interest just isn't there for this game. Sure I'd like to try it but it'll have to be extra good for me to even consider buying.

Its no fun if you don't fight back.

You're a serial killer in the making. Smiley Tongue

P.S I was forced to remove my cool slamming sig and avator due to the iron will of the one only known as Ops and Mods!

Message 34 of 39 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Jan 11, 2007

501st_Legion wrote:

-Zaku- wrote:

501st_Legion wrote:

-Zaku- wrote:

501st_Legion wrote:

Only time will tell.

Well I only know the one mission he got to play at TGS, it was a single player mission.  He had 3 RX-79G Gundams in a jungle, and for recon he was ordered to exit the machine and proceed ahead on foot in stealth. 

He told me of the awe he felt as a squad of MS-06J Zakus marched by him as he hid in the brush...and this game actually uses rumble for the gameplay.  You'll certainly feel every footstep of the gargantuans. 
Anyway, he got inside, knifed a Zeon soldier and got some intel, then stole a Zaku and high tailed it outta there.  Got back in his MS and started cleaning house while one of his teamates used a 180mm Cannon for artillery support and the other used a 280mm Bazooka for anti-armor.

Sounds cool.  Just need a release date now.  Seems Bandai may have been smart to have outsourced this one to Dimps (I had my doubts seeing as they were most notable for their DBZ games Smiley Indifferent)  But from the last gameplay footage I saw at Xboxyde, the whole game looked like it needed to be polished.

Message 35 of 39 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
803 posts

Jan 11, 2007

C.I.W wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

C.I.W wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

C.I.W wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:
1. Kotaku

It's all good though.

Rahah. To tell you the truth my interest just isn't there for this game. Sure I'd like to try it but it'll have to be extra good for me to even consider buying.

P.S I was forced to remove my cool slamming sig and avator due to the iron will of the one only known as Ops and Mods!

no "The" in front of Ops or Mods?
LOL @ PS3.
Message 36 of 39 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1898 posts

Jan 11, 2007

Dynamic wrote:

C.I.W wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

C.I.W wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

C.I.W wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:
1. Kotaku

It's all good though.

no "The" in front of Ops or Mods?

Do you put "The" before God.

Message Edited by C.I.W on 01-10-2007 10:07 PM
Message 37 of 39 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Jan 11, 2007

C.I.W wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

C.I.W wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

C.I.W wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:
1. Kotaku

It's all good though.

damn, I guess they got tired of the jokes
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 38 of 39 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1898 posts

Jan 11, 2007

Clinton514 wrote:

C.I.W wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

C.I.W wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

C.I.W wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:
1. Kotaku

It's all good though.

damn, I guess they got tired of the jokes

hehe, if only they where jokes.
Message 39 of 39 (5 Views)
0 Likes