Highlighted
Jul 07 2013
By: elementOmega First Son 18 posts

H-Hour on PS4: Most Popular Kickstarter Ever- About to Hit Stretch Goals

[ Edited ]
12 replies 172 views Edited Jul 7, 2013

N4g article for those without N4g logins:

http://n4g.com/news/1305869/h-hour-most-popular-kickstarter-ever-about-to-hit-stretch-goals

H-hour (the SOCOM 1&2 remake) a recently funded Kickstater title has surpassed it's initial funding goal and is now reach it's stretch goal of 250k. With only 2hrs left (at the time of this article), there is 6k left to go.

H-hour has also be come the most discussed Kickstarter project ever, with over 30,000 comments, the second nearest Kickstater project is at 15k (for a watch).

Message 1 of 13 (172 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Re: H-Hour on PS4: Most Popular Kickstarter Ever- About to Hit Stretch Goals

Jul 7, 2013
Message 2 of 13 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Jul 7, 2013
I donated 10$! Im pumped for a demo!
Message 3 of 13 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Jul 7, 2013

The article is heavily misleading. "Most popular kickstarter ever" does not apply to this at all. It only went $50,000 over its goal. 

I also see little reason to be excited for it right now. It will take years to come out. It is pre-pre-alpha basically. It is similar to the announcement of AGENT 4 years ago at E3. The game had a premise and nothing else to show. This game has a premise and some very, very low quality footage of a level that is a placeholder for a level. 

Also, they hope to make a demo. A demo that they HOPE will get a publisher to publish them. 

All we know is the premise. It sounds awesome on paper, but we can only hope that it will come out this great (or at all)

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 4 of 13 (122 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Bob you seriously underwstimate what us socrack fans will give for another socom. Even if its just alpha
Message 5 of 13 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

I love seeing stuff like this fail and everybody who gave money get really mad Smiley Very Happy

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 6 of 13 (103 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

Nightwish_1990 wrote:
Bob you seriously underwstimate what us socrack fans will give for another socom. Even if its just alpha

You fail to realize how few of you care anymore. The SOCOM fans exist in much smaller quantities or have moved on. It sold a couple million copies on a console with an install base of 150 million. I would doubt that all those people that played it  10 years ago would know about, or care enough about, a SOCOM "remake" (it would be more of a spiritual successor, not a remake).

There is a fanbase, but it is very small. An example of a fanbase not being enough is Starhawk. Warhakw sold well and has an amazing community to this day. Sadly, not enough of them bought Starhawk for it to sell well enough to keep the studio alive. And Warhawk was from 2007 and Starhawk from 2011! That is a much smaller gap!

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 7 of 13 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10300 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

I love seeing stuff like this fail and everybody who gave money get really mad Smiley Very Happy

I loved socom 2 and is probably the single game Ive sunk the most hours in, but im not about to donate money to another game with the same promise of the "real socom" that has been dangled out to fans since socom 3. I stopped buying that line hook, line, and sinker since Socom Confrontation and moved on.

I have no reason to believe H Hour will be any differnt than what the last socom games have turned out to be

Socom needs to be let go, regardless of how much fun it was because at this point, they wont be able to make the game to match the hyperbole socom 1/2 has become

Message 8 of 13 (88 Views)
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
2673 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Message 9 of 13 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Obviously not small enough or it wouldnt have met the goal...
Message 10 of 13 (73 Views)
0 Likes