Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
46866 posts
 

Re: Guys side of the story/OUR RULES

Apr 15, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

BigBrotherKaz wrote:
Apostrophe son, did they even teach you that in school?

Oh wait, I guess it's too advance for you to use ' between the I and the ll, cuz Ill doesn't mean "I will", it's mean sick, and you're one sad sick man, I mean virgin or some un-educated jog/bully.

Try to be understanding.  Don't hate the victim.  Hate the disease.

 

He's only 17 and he came from a history of abuse.  I've seen this sort of thing before.  If left alone, it will play out forever on a repeat loop.  Being a helpless child and watching your mother get abused is a powerful thing.  Usually the way this unfolds is that he's been exercising a lot and now that he's 17 he's no longer a helpless child and is strong enough to physically prevent anything like that from happening again.  But here in the real world, there's almost never a time when strength alone will set things right.  Life is complicated.

 

Nobody comes from a Leave It To Beaver or Cosby Show family.  Everyone has scars.  Some can take decades to heal.  Some never heal.  You can do nothing and remain a victim forever, or you can take command of your own life and change things.  I think he's coming to that crossroads now.  But he definitely has to face himself in the mirror without the rose-colored glasses.  If you don't do an honest self-assessment, you can never progress.

 

Ozz I don't know if you're still monitoring this thread but you're at that stage.  None of us like doing this, but it needs to be done.  Take a cold, hard look at your life and decide whether you want to keep various aspects of yourself, or take a different path.  Self-assessment can be painful, but it's very very necessary.  I hope I have accellerated this effort for you.  This is the path to growth.  Finding the problem is half the battle.

 

And here's the thing.  It never ends.  You must CONSTANTLY check your direction in life and make sure you're on the right path.

1. Realize where you are today (self-assessment).

2. Determine where you want to be.

3. Plan a route from where you are to the place you want to be.

4. Walk the path you charted, making course corrections where necessary.


You are a rare breed of American sir, you are american correct?   I know I've left you a few comments via PM about your mindset in most things and this post is no acception to the "It is refreshing to see other people who can critically think about things" rule. 

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 57 (77 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
46866 posts
 

Re: Guys side of the story/OUR RULES

Apr 15, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

kythunder wrote:

it's why people like us have a wife/GF and people like that live in their mothers basement watching porn living in a fake world until they hit retiring age...LMAO


It's men like you who are under their wives thumb. :smileyhappy:


Ugh so much going wrong in this thread I don't know where to start.

 

I put the seat down for mine because I love her and know its just easier for her.  If I ever do leave it up she never yells at me about it, not once have I been yelled at for leaving the seat up. 

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 57 (77 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/17/2010
Offline
5078 posts
 

Re: Guys side of the story/OUR RULES

Apr 15, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

kythunder wrote:

it's why people like us have a wife/GF and people like that live in their mothers basement watching porn living in a fake world until they hit retiring age...LMAO


It's men like you who are under their wives thumb. :smileyhappy:


Ugh so much going wrong in this thread I don't know where to start.

 

I put the seat down for mine because I love her and know its just easier for her.  If I ever do leave it up she never yells at me about it, not once have I been yelled at for leaving the seat up. 


It takes a nanosecond to put it down, if that. :smileyindifferent: I could understand it if your wife was a physically disabled person. Sure, I'll hold the door open for the woman with pushchair because it's easier for her. Your gesture on the other hand is from some outdated men etiquette handbook. 

 

I tip my hat to you for keeping chivalry alive sir, but I live in the 2010's. 

id.png

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 57 (70 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4402 posts
 

Re: Guys side of the story/OUR RULES -This was copied from a FB page-

Apr 15, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:

-This is from Facebook-

 

Girls are always telling us their rules, so here are the guys rules, and their all numbered 1 for a reason.

 

 

 



1. IF WE ASK WHAT IS WRONG AND YOU SAY 'NOTHING,' WE WILL ACT LIKE NOTHING'S WRONG. WE KNOW YOU ARE LYING, BUT IT IS JUST NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.



THIS ^^^^ Abso-freaking-lutely!

 

If I only got to choose one of the rules to be enacted and followed by all, it would definitely be this one!

 

I do not have time to argue.  If you have something to say, then say it.  Get it out and get on with it.

 

During the commercials that is.:smileylol:

 

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 57 (68 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
46866 posts
 

Re: Guys side of the story/OUR RULES

Apr 15, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

kythunder wrote:

it's why people like us have a wife/GF and people like that live in their mothers basement watching porn living in a fake world until they hit retiring age...LMAO


It's men like you who are under their wives thumb. :smileyhappy:


Ugh so much going wrong in this thread I don't know where to start.

 

I put the seat down for mine because I love her and know its just easier for her.  If I ever do leave it up she never yells at me about it, not once have I been yelled at for leaving the seat up. 


It takes a nanosecond to put it down, if that. :smileyindifferent: I could understand it if your wife was a physically disabled person. Sure, I'll hold the door open for the woman with pushchair because it's easier for her. Your gesture on the other hand is from some outdated men etiquette handbook. 

 

I tip my hat to you for keeping chivalry alive sir, but I live in the 2010's. 


I said I try to leave it down for her but sometimes I forget, when I do forget she never yells at me about it, nor does she make any comments at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 57 (61 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/04/2011
Offline
1468 posts
 

Re: Guys side of the story/OUR RULES

Apr 15, 2013
@Plymco, yea, thats what the post said, to not get mad at us for leaving it up, not to do it on purpose to be spiteful, which I would never do, but I sometimes I forget, we all make mistakes :smileywink:

@Moble, Exactly, it makes me mad when they say nothing and just sit there all day all sad and mad about SOMETHING, and whenever you ask, they get mad and say "NOTHING IS WRONG!" well then stop pouting around the house if your not gonna let me know, because now your ruining my mood..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------









Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 57 (53 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
3055 posts
 

Re: Guys side of the story/OUR RULES

Apr 16, 2013

WOW people still going on about this whole toilet seat fiasco..

 

just go by this...if you leave the seat up on purpose then your a **bleep** bag and if your wife/gf yells at you because you accidentally left it up then it's time for a divorce/breakup and a new wife/gf....see how easy that was...

 

END OF THREAD..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 57 (39 Views)