Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Re: Guitar Hero 2 360 Downloadables pricing/songs (ouch...)

Apr 11, 2007
DLC gone bad. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 21 of 48 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15503 posts

Apr 11, 2007

Rusty Shoe wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:
Damn, that's way too much for 3 songs. Isn't the game itself already $90?

I feel the game is gonna go the way of Katamari. It's a good game but it's being worn out at this point, and another game is already coming in the fall. If they don't change the gameplay how long are people willing to pay for the same game with new songs?

Unless 3 contains some great stuff, I probably won't be getting it. Maybe Guitar Villian (if it is a metal version and actually exists) but if 3 is the same rather lame tracks ("Surrender"? Give me a break...) as 2 that are all covers, count me out. Unless Dragonforce (not a cover) is there.

They have to cover all the songs because of copyright issues. And many other famous bands that you'd imagine would be in there likely arent because they don't want to be. An example is ACDC.  They include a wide variety of songs to satisfy everyone. You're not the center of their fan base.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 22 of 48 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Apr 11, 2007

Str8 Jacket wrote:

Rusty Shoe wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

I feel the game is gonna go the way of Katamari. It's a good game but it's being worn out at this point, and another game is already coming in the fall. If they don't change the gameplay how long are people willing to pay for the same game with new songs?

Unless 3 contains some great stuff, I probably won't be getting it. Maybe Guitar Villian (if it is a metal version and actually exists) but if 3 is the same rather lame tracks ("Surrender"? Give me a break...) as 2 that are all covers, count me out. Unless Dragonforce (not a cover) is there.

They have to cover all the songs because of copyright issues. And many other famous bands that you'd imagine would be in there likely arent because they don't want to be. An example is ACDC.  They include a wide variety of songs to satisfy everyone. You're not the center of their fan base.

There are no copyright issues. It's called 'royalties' and I know it doesn't warrant such a high price.
Message 23 of 48 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15503 posts

Apr 11, 2007

Clinton514 wrote:

Str8 Jacket wrote:

Rusty Shoe wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

There are no copyright issues. It's called 'royalties' and I know it doesn't warrant such a high price.

Haha. I was replying to him and not commenting on the price.
I agree that the price is a bit high. Whilst it's not high enough that no one will buy it, it certainly isn't respectable. 50 cents less per song and I'd probably buy it.
Message 24 of 48 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Apr 11, 2007

Str8 Jacket wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

Str8 Jacket wrote:

Rusty Shoe wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

I agree that the price is a bit high. Whilst it's not high enough that no one will buy it, it certainly isn't respectable. 50 cents less per song and I'd probably buy it.

Oops. My bad. Anyway hopefully they drop them down to Itune types of prices.
Message 25 of 48 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15503 posts

Apr 11, 2007

Clinton514 wrote:

Str8 Jacket wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

Str8 Jacket wrote:

Rusty Shoe wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Oops. My bad. Anyway hopefully they drop them down to Itune types of prices.

Mmm. Imagine that. A vast list of downloading songs the size of the whole iTunes downloadable library at the price of 1 dollar. That'd be fantastic.
Message 26 of 48 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Apr 11, 2007
theese are just songs from GH1 so there worthless if you want them
Message 27 of 48 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8407 posts

Apr 11, 2007
wow what a rip off. I won't be getting these, WAY to expensive why can't **bleep** be free? We all buy the game and they can't give you anything free?!..damn
No Current Sig.
Message 28 of 48 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4146 posts

Apr 11, 2007
screw paying for that, i can just play my Guitar Hero one, and keep my freakin life savings
its my life, its not worth fighting for.  its my dream, its not worth living for
Message 29 of 48 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4297 posts

Apr 11, 2007

Str8 Jacket wrote:

Rusty Shoe wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

They don't have to use cover songs. They are too cheap to use real ones. Which in my eyes is BS.
Message 30 of 48 (2 Views)
0 Likes