36435 posts

Re: Greatest NFL Quarterback's Ever

Aug 28, 2013

Boomer_3_14_15_9 wrote:

What? No Brett Farve?

Career Pass Completions           6,300

Career Passing Yards              71,838

Career Passing TDs                     508

Career Interceptions Thrown      336 (oopsSmiley Surprised)

Career Times Sacked                  525 (oops againSmiley Wink)

I guess records are not goodSmiley Tongue

Didin't he win one Superbowl like 20 years ago and everyone thought he was the next new thing, but then he never did anything big again?

A great QB build his team around him.  If he has weaksauce players, he should be communicating with the Owner to get better people.  He can't just sit there with a mediocre team and say, "Oh well."

Great QB's win great championships.  And don't point to San Francisco and Dallas and say it's all about the money.  The Steelers are one of the poorest teams around and they have many championships.  It's not just the money.  Great QB's get it done.

Message 31 of 42 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Aug 28, 2013

1. Johnny Unitas

2. Joe Montana

3. Tom Brady

4. Peyton Manning

5. Dan Marino

Moble

Message 32 of 42 (124 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

1. Johnny Unitas

2. Joe Montana

3. Tom Brady

4. Peyton Manning

5. Dan Marino

Moble

Interesting choice. Johnny U is definitely one of the best and MAYBE could have played in any era but that's like saying Jim Brown was the best running back of all time. Too much "what if". Know what I'm trying to say? 

photo Narcissus1_zps170f3e51.jpg
Message 33 of 42 (122 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Aug 28, 2013

SinDaFella wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

1. Johnny Unitas

2. Joe Montana

3. Tom Brady

4. Peyton Manning

5. Dan Marino

Moble

Interesting choice. Johnny U is definitely one of the best and MAYBE could have played in any era but that's like saying Jim Brown was the best running back of all time. Too much "what if". Know what I'm trying to say? 

Very true... I am not so old as I can say Unitas was even close to being in my era of FB, I did feel it was worth acknowledging his dominance in his Era.

Just the same, I did leave off Bradshaw, Star, and Staubach.  I guess, if I had to bump everyone up a notch and add to the bottom, I would put Elway in at number 5, to be within MY Era of FB.

Moble

Message 34 of 42 (115 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

SinDaFella wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

1. Johnny Unitas

2. Joe Montana

3. Tom Brady

4. Peyton Manning

5. Dan Marino

Moble

Very true... I am not so old as I can say Unitas was even close to being in my era of FB, I did feel it was worth acknowledging his dominance in his Era.

Just the same, I did leave off Bradshaw, Star, and Staubach.  I guess, if I had to bump everyone up a notch and add to the bottom, I would put Elway in at number 5, to be within MY Era of FB.

Moble

That's why I don't weigh in on the conversation. It's a really difficult question. I'm just glad I was around to watch what came to fruition after that great '83 draft. Some of the greatest talent. I mean I got to watch Bradshaw and Staubach at the end of their careers. 

Think about this. If Jim Kelly would have won 4 games (Super Bowls). He could have been the greatest QB of all time on what would have been the greatest team of all time. Crazy. 

Message 35 of 42 (113 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Aug 28, 2013

SinDaFella wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

SinDaFella wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

1. Johnny Unitas

2. Joe Montana

3. Tom Brady

4. Peyton Manning

5. Dan Marino

Moble

Moble

That's why I don't weigh in on the conversation. It's a really difficult question. I'm just glad I was around to watch what came to fruition after that great '83 draft. Some of the greatest talent. I mean I got to watch Bradshaw and Staubach at the end of their careers. 

Think about this. If Jim Kelly would have won 4 games (Super Bowls). He could have been the greatest QB of all time on what would have been the greatest team of all time. Crazy. 

Totally agree!!!!!  If only... To go to the Super Bowl Four Years in a row and lose, what are the odds?

We would be talking about Marv Levy in the same way people speak of Lumbardy, Walsh and Belechick; as well.

Moble

Message 36 of 42 (101 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Aug 28, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

SinDaFella wrote:

Totally agree!!!!!  If only... To go to the Super Bowl Four Years in a row and lose, what are the odds?

We would be talking about Marv Levy in the same way people speak of Lumbardy, Walsh and Belechick; as well.

Moble

Another good point. Marv was awesome. I like that man. He had a "player's" coach vibe. 

Message 37 of 42 (96 Views)
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Aug 28, 2013

Top 5 Quarterbacks of All Time:

1. Joe Montana

2. John Elway

3. Johnny Unitas

4. Tom Brady

5. Brett Favre

Message 38 of 42 (90 Views)
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Aug 28, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

Boomer_3_14_15_9 wrote:

What? No Brett Farve?

Career Pass Completions           6,300

Career Passing Yards              71,838

Career Passing TDs                     508

Career Interceptions Thrown      336 (oopsSmiley Surprised)

Career Times Sacked                  525 (oops againSmiley Wink)

I guess records are not goodSmiley Tongue

Didin't he win one Superbowl like 20 years ago and everyone thought he was the next new thing, but then he never did anything big again?

A great QB build his team around him.  If he has weaksauce players, he should be communicating with the Owner to get better people.  He can't just sit there with a mediocre team and say, "Oh well."

Great QB's win great championships.  And don't point to San Francisco and Dallas and say it's all about the money.  The Steelers are one of the poorest teams around and they have many championships.  It's not just the money.  Great QB's get it done.

Remember, there can only be one Super Bowl champion in the end and football is a team game.

I don't care how great you are.  If your defense is awful, you could put up 35 points a game, if your defense gives up 38 a game, you ain't winning.  Favre won a lot.  He led the Packers to the playoffs almost every year he played for them.  He won in the playoffs too.  Unfortunately, some years, the Packers as a team just weren't good enough to finish the job.  One man can only do so much. 

Also, even Tom Brady can't force the Owner and GM to grab every great player.  All they can do is put in their two sense and hope for the best, that's how it goes.

Message 39 of 42 (87 Views)
VP of Gaming
28842 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

SinDaFella wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

1. Johnny Unitas

2. Joe Montana

3. Tom Brady

4. Peyton Manning

5. Dan Marino

Moble

Jim Brown had a career average of 5.4 yards PER CARRY. And that's with a 12 game season, and wider field. Defenses were also tougher back then, and it was before many of the rule changes we see now, which would have made Brown even better.

Message 40 of 42 (82 Views)